Sean Stherlin Commited

I gotcha. I see a team of lunch pail kids along the lines of Miles Tarver and Richard Coffey. We're not going to win with better athletes.
Maybe another Dusty Rychart will walk through the door...

Look on the bright side. If it works, they will make a movie about it someday. Miracle II: How a team of misfit transfers won the 2022 Big Ten title.

And they will include Smash Mouth's All Star in the soundtrack.

Hey, now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go play
Hey, now, you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid
And all that glitters is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold

In all honesty....the thought of watching another year with Pitino coaching the Gophers was a painful thought for me. I'm excited for next season and think we will be way better than most people on this board. When Deandre Mathieu transferred in no one expected anything from him. i would think after watching the tournament that people would begin to realize that some of these mid major teams are pretty good. Illinois, who almost everyone on this board thought was going to make the Final 4 for sure was never really that competitive with the Summit League champion.
Good post, agree on the Pitino part. Yep, those mid majors that are well coached and play as a team are competitive against most of the other tourney teams. It’s over for 21 recruits for the most part, and 22 is where he and his assistants will ply their craft. Plus you are most likely not going to get the stud transfers due to the likely record and changes (would have been different if Carr, Robbins, and Mashbirn stayed). Solution, take the best (or at least better guys) off these teams and sell the thought of playing in the BIG. Sell that they were overlooked and I think you have a recipe. Whether that’s a recipe for success or not is a whole different story. Regardless I like what he’s cooking!

Would people rather have Slytherin or Gabe?

Sutherlin, of course, because he wants to be here. The home town boy who wanted to play for his beloved Gophers is in the past. You would need a time machine to recruit him.

And they will include Smash Mouth's All Star in the soundtrack.

Hey, now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go play
Hey, now, you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid
And all that glitters is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold
Considering no one on the team was alive when that song came out, it might not be the best choice.

Eden Prairie beat every single good team in the state and it was no fluke. They were like Baylor but if Baylor went undefeated. Minnehaha liked to get out in transition and EP defended very well. I think Lance Johnson is a bit overrated as a coach and Ep was coached better
Eden Prairie had one of the best high school teams ever. IMO And, they were a joy to watch. They did everything right, could shoot, hustled and they laughed a lot. It was just fun to watch them play.

Sutherlin, of course, because he wants to be here. The home town boy who wanted to play for his beloved Gophers is in the past. You would need a time machine to recruit him.
Would a time machine help Gopher hoops? I have a coworker with tons of crystals and stuff...could help us out.

Would a time machine help Gopher hoops? I have a coworker with tons of crystals and stuff...could help us out.
Please go to the date of the blizzard knocking out the phones so we couldn't call John Wooden.

Edit: Go the day before that. Tell them John Wooden amazed the hiring committee and all other interviews are cancelled.

Look on the bright side. If it works, they will make a movie about it someday. Miracle II: How a team of misfit transfers won the 2022 Big Ten title.
Today's Ihnen news will be the emotional low point/turning point of this movie. It's all uphill from here!

Today's Ihnen news will be the emotional low point/turning point of this movie. It's all uphill from here!
Hard to fathom it getting any lower than where we are at. Rock bottom will be in our rear view before we know it!

Top Bottom