Reusse Trolling PJ Again

#2Gopher

Stupid article. Not sure how anyone would think this is good journalism. Has the bar been lowered at the Trib these days?

Reusse on his podcast actually gave PJ a backhanded compliment (or at least not an insult) when talking about Harbaugh. Something along the lines of "Harbaugh's so goofy. There's a difference between Fleck goofy and Harbaugh goofy. Fleck's goofy on purpose. Harbaugh is goofy because he's goofy".
Actually, this is how I look at Fleck's slogans. Other coaches say the same things, but our coach has nifty little words for those things and truly has a purpose for it all.

Panthadad2

Reusse, as crusty and trolling as he is, is a baseball guy. When Rocco Baldelli comes along with the new generation "positivity" type management style and shows immediate success, that must make an impression.

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
It's funny he's hanging his hat on Zimmer who's team could very well continue onto a mediocre season and miss the playoffs. The Vikings are not trending in the right direction if you ask me.
Not sure I can agree with you there, Working. The Vikings have two losses - @CHI, where even the best Vikings teams struggle to play well, and @GB, where Cousins threw one of the worst throws I've ever seen an NFL QB make on a drive where the Vikings should've taken the lead and won. They've been dominant in the 4 wins, winning by an average of 18 points per game. Unless the wheels fall off for some strange reason, I'd be shocked if they don't win somewhere between 10-12 games and make the playoffs, ideally as a division champion - but more likely as a wild card given that the NFL has the fix in for the Packers this year.

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
It appears he's just saying that now everyone is doing what PJ was doing a couple years ago.

But yes, for Fleck it's not just goofy words. It's all part of his coaching curriculum.

He handles the job of head coach like a football 101, 201, 301, and 401 class.

Gopher in Texas

Funny, but definitely not complimentary to P.J. Has PJ ever responded, commented on the negative media attention? P.J. may be an over the top kind of guy, but his Nebraska presser included some inspirational comments on the players over coming injuries and a funny comment on Renner being too smart for long conversations with P.J.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PitinoFan

Honestly, I’ve found myself paying more attention to what he says lately. There’s way more substance, and less slogans than there were 2 years ago. The things he says to keep his players focused on the moment are next level, which is why it wouldn’t shock me in the least if they run the table through the regular season. I’m not saying I think they will, but it’s not unimaginable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panthadad2

Funny, but definitely not complimentary to P.J. Has PJ ever responded, commented on the negative media attention? P.J. may be an over the top kind of guy, but his Nebraska presser included some inspirational comments on the players over coming injuries and a funny comment on Renner being too smart for long conversations with P.J.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The "default negative media setting" for anything Gopher and PJ in this market is starting to subside like the tide gradually pulling out. The low tide leaves the urchins (trolls) exposed in the open - and some of them are starting to look like fools. Funny how I have yet to see PJ lose his temper in public even with the trolls in full force at the beginning. I couldn't do that.

Ope3

Well Ope3, regardless of what he wants to call him, it was still pretty stupid.
To quote the great Jeffrey Lebowski, "Well...that's just your opinion, man."

My opinion, Meat Sauce should be more offended than Fleck.

PJ Reusse was just observing that the Twins, Wolves & Wild are taking on characteristics of the Gopher head coach, whether that is good, bad or indifferent. Just the way it is.

Reusse has been very consistent with his opinion. And yes, it's an opinion.

He likes old-fashioned, plain-spoken types. he does not like people who engage in "coach-speak," or come off like B-S'ers who use lots of words without every really saying anything. that includes Brewster, Rick Spielman with the Vikes, and yes, Fleck.

Panthadad2

Reusse has been very consistent with his opinion. And yes, it's an opinion.

He likes old-fashioned, plain-spoken types. he does not like people who engage in "coach-speak," or come off like B-S'ers who use lots of words without every really saying anything. that includes Brewster, Rick Spielman with the Vikes, and yes, Fleck.
So Reusse the professional BSer doesn't like other BSers. OK.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Panthadad2

Trolling, flippant criticism and gossip are the easiest forms of editorializing. PJ is just the new shiny showy object in this market for a lazy columnist to exploit.

I guarantee you, if a young "stoic" Bud Grant came into this market now wearing short sleeves in 0° weather (pretty damn goofy and showy in itself) today's old Pat would be trolling the hell out of him too. Easy pickings.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BilldGopher

Section 211
Barreiro started his "PJ is leaving for USC (or fill in the blank school) bit" today. I'd hope we'd go another week before it started.

Based purely on the insecurity of the Gophers fan base. It's actually funny but still gnaws at one's fandom spirit.

Basically said that the AD better be backing up the Brink's truck with a long-term deal designed to take Coach off the market for 5-6 years of success.

We have another thread about this too...

jamiche

As I've posted, I'm now buying what Fleck is selling because he produces results, here and elsewhere. However, Reusse makes a good point, as only he can make it. Bullsh*t only stops being bullsh*t when it becomes results. The only thing that matters is winning and the only way to win is to bring in talent. If Fleck can use his buzzwords to get good players to come here and learn something on and off the field, why not? Same with all of the other teams.

CentralGopher

Meh. I don’t have a problem with this. Is anything he wrote inaccurate?
Yes. The vikes have nearly zero chance at winning the nfc north. They are currently sitting in third place. Ruesse is sugarcoating their two losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest profile posts