Reusse Trolling PJ Again

LOL! They're a game back with 10 games remaining.
This didn't age well. Still behind Green Bay with next to zero chance of winning the division. Vikings would have to win out while Green Bay would need to lose out for the Vikes to win the division. Pretty small chance of that happening.

Define small. I'd say it's still 10-15% chance they win the division, while small is not "next to zero".

Green Bay will be favored at Detroit, but stuff happens in the NFL. Atlanta just beat San Francisco on the road.

Define small. I'd say it's still 10-15% chance they win the division, while small is not "next to zero".

Green Bay will be favored at Detroit, but stuff happens in the NFL. Atlanta just beat San Francisco on the road.
It's under 10%

This didn't age well. Still behind Green Bay with next to zero chance of winning the division. Vikings would have to win out while Green Bay would need to lose out for the Vikes to win the division. Pretty small chance of that happening.

He said they are a game back and you said you didn't expect that to stay that way later in the season. It's now later in the season and we're still a game back. How's that a "This didn't age well" kind of statement? It seems to have aged exactly as one would have expected - both teams have stayed on the same pace. If the Vikings win out we'll have, at least in record, tied for the division. GB will win the division if they win all but the Vikings game only on the tiebreaker of division record. If the Vikings win out they'll also have won 12 games, which is no easy feat.

According to FPI the Vikings chances to win the division are 17.1%, well above 10% (not sure if that is your definition of small or your projection).

That's FPI. Look at others and average. Msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfc-playoff-picture-vikings-on-the-brink-of-clinching/ar-BBY3hCZ

Last edited:

He said they are a game back and you said you didn't expect that to stay that way later in the season. It's now later in the season and we're still a game back. How's that a "This didn't age well" kind of statement? It seems to have aged exactly as one would have expected - both teams have stayed on the same pace. If the Vikings win out we'll have, at least in record, tied for the division. GB will win the division if they win all but the Vikings game only on the tiebreaker of division record. If the Vikings win out they'll also have won 12 games, which is no easy feat.
You didn't read the thread. I made the point that after those losses they had little chance of claiming the division title and he thought that was silly. Here we are and there is even less chance of the Vikings claiming the division title.

To be fair he has complimented PJ lots of times on his radio show regarding the job he’s done. He obviously is not fond of his style, but he has complimented his coaching this year.

I liked it. It was thought-provoking and entertaining.

But there's definitely a segment of the Gopherhole population that can't stand the sound of Reusse's pen scraping across the page, no matter what he writes.

Great article and accurate.

You didn't read the thread. I made the point that after those losses they had little chance of claiming the division title and he thought that was silly. Here we are and there is even less chance of the Vikings claiming the division title.

I have no idea why you resurrected this thread. If anything, you validate his claims and make yourself look silly.

Top Bottom