Reusse Trolling PJ Again

Well Ope3, regardless of what he wants to call him, it was still pretty stupid.

To quote the great Jeffrey Lebowski, "Well...that's just your opinion, man."

My opinion, Meat Sauce should be more offended than Fleck.

PJ Reusse was just observing that the Twins, Wolves & Wild are taking on characteristics of the Gopher head coach, whether that is good, bad or indifferent. Just the way it is.

Reusse has been very consistent with his opinion. And yes, it's an opinion.

He likes old-fashioned, plain-spoken types. he does not like people who engage in "coach-speak," or come off like B-S'ers who use lots of words without every really saying anything. that includes Brewster, Rick Spielman with the Vikes, and yes, Fleck.

Reusse has been very consistent with his opinion. And yes, it's an opinion.

He likes old-fashioned, plain-spoken types. he does not like people who engage in "coach-speak," or come off like B-S'ers who use lots of words without every really saying anything. that includes Brewster, Rick Spielman with the Vikes, and yes, Fleck.
So Reusse the professional BSer doesn't like other BSers. OK.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Trolling, flippant criticism and gossip are the easiest forms of editorializing. PJ is just the new shiny showy object in this market for a lazy columnist to exploit.

I guarantee you, if a young "stoic" Bud Grant came into this market now wearing short sleeves in 0° weather (pretty damn goofy and showy in itself) today's old Pat would be trolling the hell out of him too. Easy pickings.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Barreiro started his "PJ is leaving for USC (or fill in the blank school) bit" today. I'd hope we'd go another week before it started.

Based purely on the insecurity of the Gophers fan base. It's actually funny but still gnaws at one's fandom spirit.

Basically said that the AD better be backing up the Brink's truck with a long-term deal designed to take Coach off the market for 5-6 years of success.

We have another thread about this too...

As I've posted, I'm now buying what Fleck is selling because he produces results, here and elsewhere. However, Reusse makes a good point, as only he can make it. Bullsh*t only stops being bullsh*t when it becomes results. The only thing that matters is winning and the only way to win is to bring in talent. If Fleck can use his buzzwords to get good players to come here and learn something on and off the field, why not? Same with all of the other teams.

Meh. I don’t have a problem with this. Is anything he wrote inaccurate?

Yes. The vikes have nearly zero chance at winning the nfc north. They are currently sitting in third place. Ruesse is sugarcoating their two losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. The vikes have nearly zero chance at winning the nfc north. They are currently sitting in third place. Ruesse is sugarcoating their two losses.

LOL! They're a game back with 10 games remaining.

I like Reusse.

The gospel according to PJ Fleck - the players are listening. Reusse, thanks for the Turkey of the Year. It works!

Stupid article. Not sure how anyone would think this is good journalism. Has the bar been lowered at the Trib these days?

These days? The paper has been a grease fire for several years now. I canceled my online subscription 4-5 years ago. For many years it was the homepage on my internet browser. It's a sad situation

As I've posted, I'm now buying what Fleck is selling because he produces results, here and elsewhere. However, Reusse makes a good point, as only he can make it. Bullsh*t only stops being bullsh*t when it becomes results. The only thing that matters is winning and the only way to win is to bring in talent. If Fleck can use his buzzwords to get good players to come here and learn something on and off the field, why not? Same with all of the other teams.

Ding, ding, ding

The Critic by Toby Keith. Appropriate.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YitD2Q-KrUg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guaranteed a second loss to either Chicago or GB handing them the title.

So one more loss means they're losing the division? They have to go 14-2 to win the division? Yes, that makes a ton of sense and is not at all moronic.

This isn’t that much of a shot at Fleck. Seems to be more of a shot st the new age way sports organizations are trending.

Everyone uses the word culture. Now the new buzz word is collaborative.

Umm, no. They are 1 game back of the Packers (really 1.5 if you factor in tiebreakers, Head to Head & record vs NFC North). My guess is the mathematical probability is 20-25% chance.

So one more loss means they're losing the division? They have to go 14-2 to win the division? Yes, that makes a ton of sense and is not at all moronic.

You don't lose both games to either Chicago or GB and win the division. They also won't go 14-2 or even close to that. 9-11 wins tops.

Not sure I can agree with you there, Working. The Vikings have two losses - @CHI, where even the best Vikings teams struggle to play well, and @GB, where Cousins threw one of the worst throws I've ever seen an NFL QB make on a drive where the Vikings should've taken the lead and won. They've been dominant in the 4 wins, winning by an average of 18 points per game. Unless the wheels fall off for some strange reason, I'd be shocked if they don't win somewhere between 10-12 games and make the playoffs, ideally as a division champion - but more likely as a wild card given that the NFL has the fix in for the Packers this year.
Yes, you are probably right. They did look very good against a decent team this past weekend. The Chicago game was just maybe an on the road dud.

You don't lose both games to either Chicago or GB and win the division. They also won't go 14-2 or even close to that. 9-11 wins tops.

You absolutely can lose both games to either Chicago or GB and win the division - those don't impact your games outside the division. If you haven't noticed, the Vikings are 4-0 outside the division.

I didn't say they were going to go 14-2. You said: "Guaranteed a second loss to either Chicago or GB handing them the title." If they lost to either Chicago or GB a second time, and won the rest of their games, they'd be 13-3. You said they'd lose the division if they had one more loss to either of those teams. Ergo, you're saying that they have to go 14-2 to win the division, which is idiotic.

The better question is - why do you hate the Vikings so much?

Yes, you are probably right. They did look very good against a decent team this past weekend. The Chicago game was just maybe an on the road dud.

Vikings always seem to play like crap at Soldier Field for some reason, hopefully they can win their home division games.

Vikings always seem to play like crap at Soldier Field for some reason, hopefully they can win their home division games.

Even though I just said they have about a 20-25% chance to win the division, this week at Detroit is quite critical as it is another division opponent.

Oakland is currently on their 6 week Western Hemisphere road trip and visits Lambeau this week. Following the dud they played at the Zygi Dome, they have beat the Colts & Bears so they at least have a punchers chance to help out the Purple. A Vikes loss and a Pack win, I would think cuts the odds down to 12-15%, at best, as they would be chasing both of those teams at least.

Pack has a pretty hard road schedule ahead, while the Lions is quite manageable. However, they are the Lions.

Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, Reusse’s gotta Reusse.

Whores gotta be whores. I'll bet Pat would like to be a serious journalist but it doesn't pay the bills like being a click bait generating whore does. I actually feel sorry for him in that regard.

You absolutely can lose both games to either Chicago or GB and win the division - those don't impact your games outside the division. If you haven't noticed, the Vikings are 4-0 outside the division.

I didn't say they were going to go 14-2. You said: "Guaranteed a second loss to either Chicago or GB handing them the title." If they lost to either Chicago or GB a second time, and won the rest of their games, they'd be 13-3. You said they'd lose the division if they had one more loss to either of those teams. Ergo, you're saying that they have to go 14-2 to win the division, which is idiotic.

The better question is - why do you hate the Vikings so much?

We'll see I guess. I actually like the vikes and watch every game possible. I just don't have faith they win the conference this year after watching them against Chicago and GB or that they win the remainder of their non-conference games for that matter. They may be only a game back right now but I expect that will not stay the same.

We'll see I guess. I actually like the vikes and watch every game possible. I just don't have faith they win the conference this year after watching them against Chicago and GB or that they win the remainder of their non-conference games for that matter. They may be only a game back right now but I expect that will not stay the same.

They have not won the conference since 1977, so not much change there. In addition to division foes, SF, Sea & NO make it a tall order for the Vikes.

See, this is a fair and reasonable statement. You should've started with this. Kudos.

See, this is a fair and reasonable statement. You should've started with this. Kudos.

Sounds fair and reasonable to me that if they are currently not first place in the division and have lost to two teams many predicted to finish ahead of them that they would finish not in first place too.

Since this thread has become the OT Vikings Chat, let me say that I have very little doubt they'll beat both Chicago and GB at home. Chiefs have proven to be mortal (and can't stop the run). Cowboys getting worse every week with their OL injured. Denver can't score. Washington stinks. Lions are tough, but that's likely a split at worse. At Seattle is tough.

Tough to predict the NFL, but I see no reason they can't win 12 games. If that includes splitting with everyone in the division, they'll absolutely be right in the mix for the division. But of course it's fine if you don't believe that...everyone has an opinion.

Top Bottom