Refs

Serious question: Did Mo break the plane on one of is last runs when they called him short…by the same ref who called PI on the uncatchable?

Serious question: Did Mo break the plane on one of is last runs when they called him short…by the same ref who called PI on the uncatchable?
Yes he did break the plane. Cost the Gophers nearly 2 extra minutes in time.

Officials miss calls all the time. The int. Okay looked like PI, but #22 wasn’t getting to that ball and gives up trying to sell a penalty. Could it have been called? Yes

The PI on Us was also questionable. It happened early enough that it’s hard to say the WR wasn’t going to get to the ball. Could have been a hold. Again 50/50 judgment.

On holding, it happens all the time. Again not every call will be made. We weren’t going to score 21+ points

I wish #55 was close enough to the TE to maybe interfere with them. Focus on what can be controlled or fixed.
Pretty sure there was not an offensive line or offensive holding call that entire game. Could be wrong. The Umpire was garbage. There were 2 blatantly obvious holds on the PSU O line. There are better officials in D2 football. I’ve even seen better officials in high school football. No way you go a whole game without a holding call on either line. The R and C didn’t do anything either.

One of the blatant holds was on the PI call against the Gophers.

Am I the only one who wanted a roughing the kicker (or at least running into) on that "blocked" punt?

Oh they replayed it…..just from angles not showing the blocking. Absolutely BS. THEY SCORED A TD ON THS PLAY!!!! Huge turning point in the game.

Terrible. And Fleck doesn't seem like the kind of coach that would come out and blast the refs....but somebody should. I'm sure that behind the scenes, they have sent a complaint to the Big Ten offices...but if the complaint stays internal....they'll have no reason to care. We'll see.

Top Bottom