Refs

refs were poor, but even if the Gophers get every call their way, PSU still wins that game.

That's really beyond the point. The Gophers don't win the game regardless. Doesn't make it any less outrageous that the refs influenced a few huge plays when the game was still within reach.

The Gophers were down two touchdowns with the ball at PSU's 34 yard line early in the third quarter. A pretty clear PI was ignored on the interception. Who knows what happens if PI is called there and the Gophers have a chance to cut the lead to a one possession game.

To add insult to injury....the refs call a defensive PI on PSU's next drive on a 3rd and long on a pass that was so far away from being catchable....that I really can't understand how the refs thought it was ok. Even the announcers stopped pimping PSU for a minute to question the call.

Just all around brutal. Shouldn't matter what the score of the game is. No team should have to fight an uphill battle against a reffing crew like that. Really hope that Fleck has some strong words for the conference after this.

Anyone else bothered when you see a ref in the opposing teams huddle during a time out? The back judge on the Gopher side had to be at least 65. Hey, Dude time to hang up the whistle.

That's really beyond the point. The Gophers don't win the game regardless. Doesn't make it any less outrageous that the refs influenced a few huge plays when the game was still within reach.

The Gophers were down two touchdowns with the ball at PSU's 34 yard line early in the third quarter. A pretty clear PI was ignored on the interception. Who knows what happens if PI is called there and the Gophers have a chance to cut the lead to a one possession game.

To add insult to injury....the refs call a defensive PI on PSU's next drive on a 3rd and long on a pass that was so far away from being catchable....that I really can't understand how the refs thought it was ok. Even the announcers stopped pimping PSU for a minute to question the call.

Just all around brutal. Shouldn't matter what the score of the game is. No team should have to fight an uphill battle against a reffing crew like that. Really hope that Fleck has some strong words for the conference after this.

And you didn't even mention one of the most obvious holding calls I've ever seen (not called) on the TD pass that put PSU up by 2 TDs. Clifford gets turfed if not for that hold and it's 4th down and maybe out of FG range for PSU instead of 7 points.

And you didn't even mention one of the most obvious holding calls I've ever seen (not called) on the TD pass that put PSU up by 2 TDs. Clifford gets turfed if not for that hold and it's 4th down and maybe out of FG range for PSU instead of 7 points.

Absolutely terrible. Don't think I've ever seen PJ as shellshocked as he looked after the PI on Smith. Typically refs try not to follow up bad calls with more bad calls. This crew gave PSU way too many advantages.

Absolutely terrible. Don't think I've ever seen PJ as shellshocked as he looked after the PI on Smith. Typically refs try not to follow up bad calls with more bad calls. This crew gave PSU way too many advantages.

That holding non-call video needs to go to the BG10 with one simple question. "How is this not called?" This is primetime multi-billion dollar industry athletics for gawd's sake.

That holding non-call video needs to go to the BG10 with one simple question. "How is this not called?" This is primetime multi-billion dollar industry athletics for gawd's sake.

PJ was noticeably and justifiably upset with the refs after the Smith PI. I have no doubt that his staff will be in contact with the conference about the reffing. Can't shrug your shoulders and say "oh well" about this kind of stuff. If the reffing crews aren't held responsible for their favoritism....nothing will change. They should be forced to answer for these non/calls.

View attachment 21288

Sorry for the crap quality, but that 4 foot tail behind 97 Logan-Redding is his jersey.
That one is about as embarrassing as can be because you could see the jersey pulling and tugging long before the pass was thrown. Gophers were not winning the game, but that was a pathetic performance by a Big 10 officiating crew. Seen this movie before.

True but not the point.
CFB could add 2 more officials just to look for OL holding calls, since that is the least called penalty that occurs all day long. Why they do not throw the flag I do not know, but add more eyes!

Again, Minnesota sucked donkey balls today, so get over the officiating!

The refs really seam to hate the Gophers more when the team loses.

refs were poor, but even if the Gophers get every call their way, PSU still wins that game.

You don't say...brilliant analysis SON

The reffing was brutal. How many plays did PS defense line up a foot over the neutral zone? Why weren't our coaches going nuts? Tough to block guys when they are practically in the back field pre snam

Two things can be true at the same time. We showed up poorly coached and poorly prepared, and would have gotten smoked no matter what the refs did. And, the refs were inexcusable awful.

Top Bottom