Purdue @ Minnesota Game Thread

we can't make a big play on offense to save our life!!!!!!:mad::mad:

That was awful on both ends of the floor!!!! These guys panic everytime Purdue scores, go down and jack up a stupid jumpshot and allow them to run the clock.

And now Purdue can't miss a shot again....STOP FREAKING OUT AND PLAY SOME DISCIPLINED OFFENSE!!!!!

Could it be that all of these namesayers who spout off about the Gophers win/loss record being overflated, be correct?

We can't shoot the ball at all....We can't even hit open looks right now....this is starting to look like the Michigan State game all over again.....

Enough jacking up 3's....

Good lord. Purdue is eating us up inside and nobody on our end is even attempting to drive... sad.

have they missed a three all night long??? It sure doesn't seem like it....

Unfortunately

it appears that the naysayers were right...... this is a borderline tourney team right now, and looks like will be jockeying for fourth in the Big Ten behind MSU, Purdue, and Illinois.

well we are going to most likely lose this game, but this is still a young team with talented players but what i think is that all were missing is a playmaker hopefuly rodney williams.

What happens tonight, doesn't really matter in the grand scheme anyway. Purdue, at least according to some of their fans, thinks they can win out and win the Big Ten.

This season has never been about this season alone for us (and unfortunately, we're playing like it right now :p) But its disheartening that when faced with any kind of deficit against a quality team, these guys have shown the tendency to panic.

huh that not a foul Bob Knight.

I am talking about Knight saying a foul should have been call on Minnesota, before Purdue foul.

I must admit, I laughed when Knight took off his headset and got on the officials for a traveling call. That was hilarious lol!!!:D

huh that not a foul Bob Knight.

I am talking about Knight saying a foul should have been call on Minnesota, before Purdue foul.

Correct, that was nothing but incidental contact on DJ, not sure how Grant got hurt but it seemed he jammed his shoulder when he put up his elbow to block out DJ. That said, it seems that the refs have been slightly in our favor tonight, while not being all that great all around...yet we're still down by 10 anyway. Ugh.

Wow, Carter almost broke the backboard by bricking a layup!!!

Are the Gophers trying to tease us by keeping this thing at least mildly respectable with just under five minutes to go??? hmmmm............

Carter should stick to dunks. Where is Bostick, has he played?

why is hoffarber still logging 20 mins while he's ice cold?

are you kidding me!!!! 29 percent!! 29!!!!! Downright awful offensive effort for the second consecutive game.....

Is it me or has Nolen turned into a Black Hole this game? I love his penetration but he has forced far to many shots and it causes the rest of team to stand and watch.

I'm with Ak,

Hoff has been absolutely dreadful tonight in every capacity. Sorry, but Blake needs a mental adjustment....

holy cow,

Georgetown just got blasted as well!!!!:eek:

Watch out, don't be critical of nolen....moonlight but bust a cork in his head.

Either way, relax, we're still on the right track....we are going to be making noise every year. If we win 20-22 games and make the tournament, the season is a huge success IMO.

Overall,

These guys need to learn not to play into the other team's hands when something goes wrong. Against Northwestern, they didn't play with enough urgency. Tonight, they were so hyper to get things done on offense, they looked almost as bad playing the exact opposite style.

Need to find a happy medium, otherwise, there won't be too many happy Gopher fans the rest of the year...

I'm with Ak,

Hoff has been absolutely dreadful tonight in every capacity. Sorry, but Blake needs a mental adjustment....

You better be careful, you're criticizing a local kid from the west metro.

Don't get me wrong as I still love my Gophers, but the excitement is gone for me. Hopefully it'll be back.

This is unbelievable how bad we are shooting. Purdue is a great defensive team and we are not taking the easiest shots, but this is unbelievable. 27.5% FROM THE FIELD!! and we still are not out of it!

I'm with Ak,

He's 2 for his last 21 from three

I foresee the term bubble being mentioned frequently in the near future.

Top Bottom