Purdue @ Minnesota Game Thread

That last sequence was really nice offense by the Boilermakers

We're still playing pretty dumb basketball on the offensive end too. Need to be more confident with the ball, work off screens and set something up rather than being in such a hurry all the time!!!

Purdue is also making what seems like every big play so far!!!:mad:

Do these guys ever miss a big three???

Knight is a fabulous color guy. No Spence or that Northwestern guy, but nonetheless a superstar color commentator. Musberger has lost a step or two. He peaked in 1986.

I can't see how we possibly can win this game. Their guards are driving at will and we continue to have no "go to" guy. I fear this could get ugly....

Shots

They are sure getting better shots than we are. We need to tighten up the D. It would be nice to get it under 6 prior to the half.

The second half better be A LOT more composed than the first half was....Purdue's got some players, but they are beatable.

We just have to make sure that we buckle and play tighter on defense and more measured on offense.

Tubby's pretty calm. We could easily be down 15. Down only 7 is huge. Purdue might be sorry it didn't put us away.

The fact that we are only down seven with 12 turnovers says a lot. One thing I did like was that we drew a lot of fouls in the first half, that was god to see.:)

But the guys are playing like the young team they are. Need to mature a little bit during the halftime intermission..

<Purdue might be sorry it didn't put us away>

That's for sure. When you fight through a terrible half like that at home, good things happen...

The advantage Purdue's guys seem to have is that while they are young, the core group has played together longer, that being Moore, Johnson, Hummel and Kramer as opposed to some of our core guys like Joseph, Sampson, Carter, Bostick and Iverson.

Age wise, yeah, we're probably about the same. But Purdue's guys are playing like they're a bit more seasoned and know each other a little better.

First, I always think it's awesome when they say "welcome to historic williams arena" What do they say for Becky? "Welcome to historically boring and generic Kohl Center!"

Best part of the half was when they had to bleep out Knight's swearing 3 or 4 times when he was showing how he used to jump onto the elevated court as a coach.

I was thinking it would have been tough for Bobby to throw a chair with our benches.

If their post players keep hitting 18-footers, it isn't going to matter how well we play I'm afraid :mad:

we might not see any Nolen=Best PG in Big 10 threads for a while

I was thinking it would have been tough for Bobby to throw a chair with our benches.

He would have had the tiny chair the coaches get. Did Knight always sit down with his players at the Barn instead of sitting on the court?? I guess I don't really remember, but that's what he made it sound like.

Moore and is having a field day with us out there!!!:mad:

I'm starting to think this is going to be pretty tight the rest of the way....

Boy, Blake is really struggling in every facet right now. Can't handle, can't play defense, can't hit a shot...that's an awful lot of "can'ts"

Top Bottom