Predict the Score Thread: New Mexico St at Minnesota

Golden Gophers 52, Aggies 14

Can't wait to get the season started! I'm practically counting the hours down to this game.

saw an interesting point in the Media Prediction thread.

If the Gophers get a big early lead, given Fleck's propensity to be conservative -- and not wanting to put much on film for future opponents to study -- the Gophers could go total vanilla for the rest of the game.

the more I think about that, the more likely it seems. win the game and don't show anything to other teams on the schedule. that makes me believe the game might be lower-scoring than some are predicting.

If the Gophers get a big early lead, given Fleck's propensity to be conservative -- and not wanting to put much on film for future opponents to study -- the Gophers could go total vanilla for the rest of the game.

the more I think about that, the more likely it seems. win the game and don't show anything to other teams on the schedule. that makes me believe the game might be lower-scoring than some are predicting.
Agree, except for this. If the Aggies can't stop RUTM, then as vanilla as it may get, the Gophers will still be scoring. Maybe a lot of 20 or 30+ yards for TD's.

Minnesota 33
New Mexico State 9

I like what the short ornery norwegian said about not wanting to put too much on film for future opponents. Mix it up early, Ground and pound later with hopefully some short passes to the TE.

The team on the schedule we don't want to show anything to is Michigan St. He will go as vanilla as possible the first three non-con games in order to show Sparty as little as possible.

Playing "Vanilla" doesn't mean playing to not score. If you want to ever be considered for the CFP, being able to score a lot of points on inferior opponents is a must. They can do that without emptying out the playbook.

Agree, except for this. If the Aggies can't stop RUTM, then as vanilla as it may get, the Gophers will still be scoring. Maybe a lot of 20 or 30+ yards for TD's.
Vanilla, predictable ground game gets five TDs and two FGs.

I agree it will be very vanilla, should be able to RUTM and score easily. KC will have at least one long pass to DW to make sure MSU knows they can't load the box!! I am excited for the game even if all we do is hand it off 50 times!!

We have really struggled in non conference games under PJ. Games are always much closer than any of us would like.

Gophers 25
NM St 13

This game scares me a little. The predictions from fans and media are close to BG last year. I hope we play to win but keep it basic.

This game scares me a little. The predictions from fans and media are close to BG last year. I hope we play to win but keep it basic.
If we played that BG game 100 more times we would win 100 of those, and we would win 90 of them by 3 or more touchdowns.

It is uncanny how similar today is weather wise to New Mexico states last visit here. Hopefully, all the way around none of the bad things that happened then will happen again.

It is uncanny how similar today is weather wise to New Mexico states last visit here. Hopefully, all the way around none of the bad things that happened then will happen again.
We beat them 48-10 in that game - I would be ok if that happened again.

Top Bottom