Predict the Score Thread: New Mexico St at Minnesota

37-6 gophers.

No handshake before game
Abbreviated afterwards

42-3, and to put icing on the cake, right after the handshake Heather gives PJ a big hug right in front of old 'Jer. Plus, I'm standing by my earlier prediction...

Prediction: We blow 'em out by so much that by the fourth quarter we'll get to know who's our 2nd string QB and he'll get some significant playing time. Hopefully, not just handing the ball off to burn clock time but actually a bit of passing game...

View attachment 20015
A good summary but I question the statement that Jerry Kill is a good coach.

PJ can hold down scoring by dictating a vanilla offense and heavy run game. Just handing the ball off gives us five TDs. He will want to give the kicker a little more work than just x points so that gives us 41.

But nobody ever coaches the D to lay down and give up points so even if we get to three deeps they don't score.

Final, Gophs 41 - 0.

Short Ornery Norwegian -
Gophers 45
NMSU - 13

NMSU's backup true FR QB throws a nice ball. I could see them getting some points in the second half.

but realistically, the Gophs could probably score 70 if they wanted to. NMSU doesn't run the ball very well and didn't stop the run against Nevada. the one thing that could hold down the score is some jitters/adjustment period for all of the new starters on the O-line and D-line.

31-0. Defensive play leads to 10 of those points.

MN 44
New Mexico St 13

They will shake hands after the game.

But nobody ever coaches the D to lay down and give up points so even if we get to three deeps they don't score.
Florida did that vs Miami, literally laying down on the field. Florida was way ahead and wanted to get the ball back so their QB could break the record for passing yards. Gator fans still put that in the 'Canes face whenever they play.

Last edited:

Florida did that vs Miami, literally laying down on the field Florida was way ahead and wanted to get the ball back so their QB could break the record for passing yards. Gator fans still put that in the 'Canes face whenever they play.

Classic reel from the start to the irate newsman at the finish. That was great.

31-6. We are to vanilla in play calling to blow it wide open, but solid in every other way.

Top Bottom