Predict the Score Thread: New Mexico St at Minnesota

It is uncanny how similar today is weather wise to New Mexico states last visit here. Hopefully, all the way around none of the bad things that happened then will happen again.
Excuse me, forgot about the 2018 game my reference was to the 2011 game which I remember like it was yesterday.

Vanilla can still result in two or three scores a quarter, especially if the opposing offense stinks and goes out quickly. 40 points is easily attainable (only 6 scores) and the 50-60 in range is not out, even with vanilla.

I’ll bet PJ shoots for 40 at the half.

42-0 in football is only 6-0 in other sports.

His 14-1 record in said games would disagree.

His 14-1 record in said games would disagree.
Clearly reading isn't your strong point. I still predicted them to win. Most of these non conference games have had scores much closer than one would expect. Fleck has a far different approach than Mason who used to run up the scores. I am glad I was wrong here with my prediction.

Clearly reading isn't your strong point. I still predicted them to win. Most of these non conference games have had scores much closer than one would expect. Fleck has a far different approach than Mason who used to run up the scores. I am glad I was wrong here with my prediction.
Let's break it down then.
2017:
Buffalo: 17-7 win. Not a blowout certainly but it was the first game under PJ and we weren't very good that year. Buffalo was an ok MAC team.
Oregon St. 48-14 blowout of a P5 team (albeit a bad one) on the road.
MTSU: 34-3 blowout
2018:
NMSU: 48-10 blowout
Fresno: 21-14 close win but they were a 12 win team that year so it should have been close
Miami: 26-3 easy win
Georgia Tech: 34-10 rout when we were slight underdogs
2019:
SDSU: 28-21 Win, too close for comfort
Fresno: 38-35 OT win, on the road. We were not big favorites
GSU: 35-32 comeback win that should not have been that close. A few fluky plays
Auburn: Upset win in the Outback Bowl
2021:
Miami: 31-26 win - we let our foot off the gas in the second half but game was never really in doubt
Colorado: 30-0 blowout on the road when we were slight underdogs according to the oddsmakers
Bowling Green: no explanation needed
WVU: Comfortable 18-6 win

By my count there have been at most 6 of 15 games we either lost or didn't win by enough. At least 4 games we either shouldn't have won at all or should have won by much less, and then a handful of as expected results. Perhaps the issue is not my reading ability, but your poor description of our nonconference results. Always appreciate a nice insult though.

QUOTE: "Most of these non conference games have had scores much closer than one would expect."

Hmmmm.... I can see I'd better keep updating and re-posting this.

Gopher football
Non-conference, under P.J. Fleck
(doesn't include 3 bowl games, all of which have been wins)

Buffalo W 17-7
Oregon State W 48-14
Middle Tennessee W 34-3

New Mexico State W 48-10
Fresno State W 21-14
Miami (OH) W 26-3

South Dakota State W 28-21
Fresno State W 38-35 (2 OT)
Georgia Southern W 38-32

COVID - no non-conference games

Miami (OH) W 31-26
Colorado W 30-0