Post Game Thread: Minnesota Loses Again to Iowa

I wish I wouldn’t have spent money on the tickets for the game today. Fun atmosphere, but we couldn’t pull it out.No better than we were when Fleck took over. Five years in and his record will be worse than the year before he took over.

The regression of our passing offense is astounding. It’s hard to fathom.

Gopher football can just never put it together. We dominated both lines all day. First time in how long? Deflating isn’t strong enough a word.

also I can’t even begin to say how much I hated the 2 point call. Tanner on a rollout with no play action? Yuck. Feels like there’s gotta be a better call w Kramer in.

I love a Run First, Run the Clock offense...but having said that...how difficult is it to have a reasonably competent hurry-up offense when you need it? why do we still run the play clock down to single digits when we are behind on the scoreboard? how do you have a guy who has never kicked a field goal in a game try a 53 yarder?

I love a Run First, Run the Clock offense...but having said that...how difficult is it to have a reasonably competent hurry-up offense when you need it? why do we still run the play clock down to single digits when we are behind on the scoreboard? how do you have a guy who has never kicked a field goal in a game try a 53 yarder?
We will never have a competent hurry-up offense. NEVER!!!

Why do we consistently change the play with seconds on the play clock. TM changed one play with 6 seconds left, and then changed it again with 3 seconds on the play clock. Then we got a Delay of Game penalty. The OC should not be doing that to any QB. It happens way too often.

PJ,SANFORD,TM need to man up and say it is shitshow and fucking fix it for the last 2 games. Stop with these meekly saying at presser " I/WE need to play better". They should been playing role for Captain. Obvious. What a boatload of horseshit they are spreading every week. Only boat they're rowing at this point is a shitload of boat!

Fleck in the post game on KFAN was obviously bummed, said missed tackle on the screen pass where they scored a touchdown is inexcusable. On kicking field goals….you take points when you can get them you don’t know how things are going to turn out. Didn’t say it’s on me or anything of the sorts. Maybe one day he will learn his lesson when it comes to the offense.

Fleck in the post game on KFAN was obviously bummed, said missed tackle on the screen pass where they scored a touchdown is inexcusable. On kicking field goals….you take points when you can get them you don’t how things are going to turn out.
It turns out he is gutless chicken.

The run first run the clock works if you have a decent QB who can complete passes when needed and run.

I wish I wouldn’t have spent money on the tickets for the game today. Fun atmosphere, but same old result with PJ. No better than we were when Fleck took over. Five years in and his record will be worse than the year before he took over. Previous regimes all beat Iowa in first five years.

Why do we consistently change the play with seconds on the play clock. TM changed one play with 6 seconds left, and then changed it again with 3 seconds on the play clock. Then we got a Delay of Game penalty. The OC should not be doing that to any QB. It happens way too often.
Yep. Where Morgan is running from tackle to tackle like a spaz screaming out the play change while the play clock is going 4..3..2..1. I am SO tired of that absurd scene.

Fleck in the post game on KFAN was obviously bummed, said missed tackle on the screen pass where they scored a touchdown is inexcusable. On kicking field goals….you take points when you can get them you don’t know how things are going to turn out. Didn’t say it’s on me or anything of the sorts. Maybe one day he will learn his lesson when it comes to the offense.
Fleck makes it sound like he just leaves it up to chance. You do know how it’s likely to go if you play to win. I liked Fleck a lot but he’s not the guy to get this done. He talks the talk but doesn’t walk the walk.

I wouldn’t of cared if they lost by 50 or lost by 1. All that I care about is that they lost. It doesn’t matter by how much. There are no positives to take out of this game, none. But PJ will say they were a play away. If only they could of got that 53 yard FG.

Sanford broke Morgan like many thought he would. I've been in denial, but there's no denying it now. The passing game is broken. I don't pin this loss on the in-game coaching so much as missed opportunities...95% of them on O:
  • Morgan missing Kieft in the endzone
  • Morgan overthrowing CAB on a 3rd and 6
  • CAB and MBS not coming down with catchable balls late
  • Morgan not seeing MBS wide open on the last drive
  • Morgan running right into a sack on the final play
Two missed INTs on D, a horrible decision to kick a long FG, and a couple questionable calls by the refs, but the above are the reasons for the loss. This one hurts BAD. Dominated the trenches on both sides. If you just looked at the boxscore you'd say MN won by 17. I'm sick. I'm tired.

Going into the Iowa Game, the Gophers were 122nd of 130 teams in passing offense. There is no excuse for that in the fifth year of a program. Fry went to the Rose Bowl his third year after a total rebuild; Alvarez went to the Rose Bowl his fourth year. Both founded programs that have been successful for decades. We just don't seem able to do that.

The regression of our passing offense is astounding. It’s hard to fathom.

Gopher football can just never put it together. We dominated both lines all day. First time in how long? Deflating isn’t strong enough a word.

also I can’t even begin to say how much I hated the 2 point call. Tanner on a rollout with no play action? Yuck. Feels like there’s gotta be a better call w Kramer in.
Not too hard to fathom. It’s Sanford.

Top Bottom