Post Game Thread: Gophers Bounce Back With Homecoming Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Either our DBs are talentless, or our DB coach needs to be changed out today.
Something...
these guys can't cover crap.

Good adjustments on defense. Secondary is still roughy though. Was able to get some pressure in the 2nd half too.

Great to see Evans get some PT. The predictability on offense still sucks. The long TD to Jackson was great. Need to see more of that. I don’t understand why we run so many just 2 or 3 receiver routes. That makes it so much easier to defend.

Redding. Yikes.

Another HS win…. (Yawn)

We can be a top dog in the MAC, MWC, or Sun Belt.

We be small tad pole in B1G

Please get new punter and ST coordinator

Our DB coach that I can't spell that left last year is missed.

This team can’t impose themselves in any aspect of the game on anyone else in the West.

Nothing about this team is intimidating to anyone else in the West.

And the West is terrible.

Need to let 8 pull it 5-8 times a game and run to keep D honest.
That and also let him throw it 30 times a game. That will really keep the defense honest and take advantage of a great strength. AK is 26-33 in last two games and averaging 8.5 yards per pass play. That’s 79% accuracy. The receivers are playing well.

Every team left on the schedule is better than Louisiana. We need to play a true balanced offense to win more games.

That and also let him throw it 30 times a game. That will really keep the defense honest and take advantage of a great strength. AK is 26-33 in last two games and averaging 8.5 yards per pass play. That’s 79% accuracy. The receivers are playing well.

Every team left on the schedule is better than Louisiana. We need to play a true balanced offense to win more games.

Is that what it is now? I didn't see today's game, I watched stats and listened to radio.

First game was late pass delivery scooped by defense. Then it was behind guy for tipped interception. All along sprinkled with off the hands into the air. Last week was stall into punt/field goal/go for it zone.

Unleash Joe Montana and the new West Coast offense please, but do we need to post an add for Joe Montana first?

Yea, balanced would be great if you can get it.

That may not have seemed like an outstanding defensive performance today but this is the first time that Louisiana has been held below 30 points and/or 400 yards this season. Louisiana entered this game 20th in per game scoring (38.8 pts. per game) and 19th in total offense (478.5 yrds per game).
D made some great adjustments at halftime and really shut Louisiana down in the second half outside of the long TD run.

That may not have seemed like an outstanding defensive performance today but this is the first time that Louisiana has been held below 30 points and/or 400 yards this season. Louisiana entered this game 20th in per game scoring (38.8 pts. per game) and 19th in total offense (478.5 yrds per game).
Against terrible competition. That’s like holding Iowa to 17 points. I mean it’s not a lot of points sure but also it’s Iowa’s offense.

I'll give it a B-

Louisiana is a solid G5 team and the Gophers took care of business after a disheartening loss and without two of their best players. It was crucial to get this one for bowl eligibility.

Nothing flashy just fewer mistakes and one far better 4th down call late in the game.

Very good points.

Either the Special Teams coach needs to be relieved of his duties immediately or a certain special teamer needs to be replaced. Those types of mistakes are not acceptable at the high school level, let alone in the Big 10.

All the TEs on the field? We very rarely run to the edge and having all those big fellas in there brings the D in tight where we try and RUTM. We have a couple of WRs in the game only and don’t really use the RB and TE in pass routes worth a damn so what is the point? It just all seems so flawed. Stretch the field with WR they have to be defended then maybe run into a 5 or 6 man box for a change? It’s gotta be so easy to prepare to play us— see Iowa I think their coaches consider our scheme as a blessing.

I'll give it a B-

Louisiana is a solid G5 team and the Gophers took care of business after a disheartening loss and without two of their best players. It was crucial to get this one for bowl eligibility.

Nothing flashy just fewer mistakes and one far better 4th down call late in the game.
Louisiana lost to Old Dominion.

I'll give it a B-

I wouldn’t count on getting Taylor or Crab back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom