Portal Visitors this weekend

He is a long-time season ticket holder. Sometimes that seems a bit puzzling to me. He doesn't seem to get much joy out of it, but maybe that's just my impression.
Thinking PJ is a shitty coach and being disappointed that he is our guy and commenting on same is understandable and legit. I felt the same about ten Saturdays this year.

Thinking PJ is a shitty coach and being disappointed that he is our guy and commenting on same is understandable and legit. I felt the same about ten Saturdays this year.

If Fleck is such a "shitty coach" (your exact words), why is his won-lost record the best of any Gopher coach in my 67 long years on this planet?

'Splain that one to me, Lucy.

Looks like we will end up with a recruiting class ranked in bottom half of B1G. Once again. Can’t expect to compete with the big boys with inferior athletes. Certainly don’t have a coaching staff to make up the difference.
90% of kids will pick the blue bloods over minnesota, thats the reality. I dont concern myself over online recruiting website ratings. PJ has produced more nfl talent then our previous coaches anyway

If Fleck is such a "shitty coach" (your exact words), why is his won-lost record the best of any Gopher coach in my 67 long years on this planet?

'Splain that one to me, Lucy.
We played nearly unwatchable football this year. He did a terrible job prepping for and coaching on Saturdays. I don’t see how anyone could disagree with that. Some have more tolerance of same — some have less — but you are Pollyannish and good for you if that’s what trips your trigger.

We played nearly unwatchable football this year. He did a terrible job prepping for and coaching on Saturdays. I don’t see how anyone could disagree with that. Some have more tolerance of same — some have less — but you are Pollyannish and good for you if that’s what trips your trigger.
But… but … 67 years…

Nope. It's not "Pollyannish" (hey... new word!) to look at real, objective facts.

I prefer to go by actual, long-term results. Hard numbers. Wins and losses, over the entire spectrum of a coach's tenure here.

That's not "Pollyannish", but it is objectively accurate.

Man, those 3 posts about this weekends portal visitors sure fucked up this Fraudy McFraudpants-Murray dick measuring contest.

What a shame.

Man, those 3 posts about this weekends portal visitors sure fucked up this Fraudy McFraudpants-Murray dick measuring contest.

What a shame.

Spoof gets a really, really cool nickname ("Fraudy McFraudpants", no less!), and I'm billed as merely "Murray"?

I'm deeply hurt, USAF.

??????

You don't post here as much because of the 'constant nonsense from the PJ crowd'... yet you know all about their/our 'constant nonsense', so I have to assume you must still be lurking/reading GopherHole frequently.

Are you saying you don't post as much as you used to because you're tired of trying to present your opposing, more negative point of view, and having people take the opposite side?
Good Lord. Many folks follow and read this board without being frequent posters. Are you OK?

Spoof gets a really, really cool nickname ("Fraudy McFraudpants", no less!), and I'm billed as merely "Murray"?

I'm deeply hurt, USAF.
Nobody wants to read your juvenile pissing match. Take it back to junior high lunch break where it belongs.

Nobody wants to read your juvenile pissing match. Take it back to junior high lunch break where it belongs.

Uh, no.

I'll continue to post what I choose, until someone in authority here tells me otherwise.

As far as I know, you haven't been appointed moderator. File a complaint.

Uh, no.

I'll continue to post what I choose, until someone in authority here tells me otherwise.

As far as I know, you haven't been appointed moderator. File a complaint.
If you want a break from sidekick, just make a lifelong ban bet with him. When he loses he’ll stop posting……. for 30-minutes. Man of his word, that one.

Randy Johnson's take on a couple of today's signings.

Both CB Ethan Robinson and DT Jordan Guerad earned first-team all-conference honors this season.

The Gophers football team on Sunday received transfer commitments from a pair of defensive players — Bucknell cornerback Ethan Robinson and Florida International defensive lineman Jordan Guerad. Both players announced on the X platform that they're joining Minnesota in 2024.

Robinson, 6-0 and 185 pounds, earned first-team All-Patriot League honors as a Bucknell junior this season after making 50 tackles, three tackles for loss, intercepting three passes and collecting 10 pass breakups.

The Montgomery, N.Y., native was a standout at Iona Prep in New Rochelle, N.Y. Since entering the portal on Dec. 4, Robinson was in high demand among FBS programs, receiving offers from 18 teams, including Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, USC and West Virginia. He has one year of eligibility remaining.

The 6-3, 295-pound Guerad entered the transfer portal on Dec. 5 after completing his redshirt sophomore season with Florida International. He earned first-team All-Conference USA honors after finishing with 38 tackles, seven tackles for loss and two sacks for the Panthers. He also was named a 2022 Freshman All-America selection by College Football News. He has two years of eligibility remaining.

A Valrico, Fla., native, Guerad was a three-star recruit out of Bloomingdale High School in the 2021 recruiting class. Since entering the transfer portal, he received offers from Kansas State, South Carolina, Louisville and Massachusetts..

??????

You don't post here as much because of the 'constant nonsense from the PJ crowd'... yet you know all about their/our 'constant nonsense', so I have to assume you must still be lurking/reading GopherHole frequently.

Are you saying you don't post as much as you used to because you're tired of trying to present your opposing, more negative point of view, and having people take the opposite side?
And he wouldn’t fire fleck. He is the Pj crowd

It sounds like Logan Fife is in town. Anyone else?

Just listened to Pair & a Spare podcast. Those guys do a really good job! Very interesting views on losing Joe Rossi. They said all around great guy leveled up in pay and program. Unfortunate loss, but not surprising.

They also mentioned our four portal gets so far and like them. This thread and others on the portal subject, there are a lot of them, seem to have mentioned everyone except RB Trent Howland from Indiana. I like our transfers in more than our high school guys. At least they all have proven something in college football. They won't be busts and will be good depth at a minimum. Here's the latest if anyone is wondering:

https://minnesota.rivals.com/news/minnesota-transfer-tracker

https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Football/TransferTeamRankings/?Conference=Big-Ten

We're 2nd in the Big Ten on transfers in. I'm sure that won't last, but we should take the wins when we can get them! Wisconsin is #1 so far and beat us out for Michigan State receiver transfer, Tyrell Henry.

A couple observations that have been made many times previously and seem to be true over the last couple years:

1) Wisconsin pulls more average guys from P5 and we pull more high performers from lower levels. Star ratings are similar, but Wisky is a little better. Difference in philosophy? Wisky brand is still a little better than ours.
2) Our transfers out usually go down a level. Zach Evans going to North Texas is a surprise for me. Thought he'd stay P5.
3) Pair podcast also noted we spent all our NIL just retaining our current players. No one is coming here for even a small bag. This obviously ties into #1. Players come her from lower levels for B1G exposure. At least we have that going for us...

Just listened to Pair & a Spare podcast. Those guys do a really good job!
That is a fantastic podcast. If that was your first listen, you should go back and listen to older episodes. Those three together are very good. Extremely entertaining.

That is a fantastic podcast. If that was your first listen, you should go back and listen to older episodes. Those three together are very good. Extremely entertaining.
Listen to them all the time, but missed the most recent one until now. That and Gopher Gridiron are excellent!!!

Top Bottom