Portal Visitors this weekend

Willwin40

Reaction score
Is there anyone other than the db from Bucknell and the rb from Indiana visiting this weekend?

Good question, would expect we will see portal activity pick up again here in the near future. May also see some additional guys from our team jump into the portal after the bowl game, assume that is probably the case at a lot of other places as well.

Rivals reports transfers:
RB Trent Howland IU Soph
DL Quindaro Lee CMU Soph
DL Samuel Okinlala Pitt FR
DB Ethan Robinson Bucknell Jr

And MN verbals looking elsewhere:
LB Pretzlaff at MSU
S Perich at OSU
DL Abasiri USC
Looks like we will end up with a recruiting class ranked in bottom half of B1G. Once again. Can’t expect to compete with the big boys with inferior athletes. Certainly don’t have a coaching staff to make up the difference.

You could just cheer for a different team.
Why? I tend to agree that the Gophers have inferior talent and coaches to compete with the best teams in the B1G ("the big boys"). I mean, isn't that true? Why does that mean one shouldn't still cheer for them? I don't understand.

Looks like we will end up with a recruiting class ranked in bottom half of B1G. Once again. Can’t expect to compete with the big boys with inferior athletes. Certainly don’t have a coaching staff to make up the difference.
If I were you I would choose to root for Ohio State, they are paying out Harrison first round draft pick money and most likely will buy our number one recruit. I will continue to be a homer and still believe we have the right coach in place. There is going to be a lot of adjustment in how we have to put together teams Moving forward

And yet many do seem to expect that.

Why? I tend to agree that the Gophers have inferior talent and coaches to compete with the best teams in the B1G ("the big boys"). I mean, isn't that true? Why does that mean one shouldn't still cheer for them? I don't understand.
I'm a Twins season ticket holder. It would be like me acting all surprised and upset we didn't sign Ohtani.

Last edited:

I guess you're right; it is theoretically possible to frequently criticize and complain about the team and the coaches, all the while 'cheering' for them.

Maybe we could come up with a new 'hard-eyed, realistic' cheer for the cheerleaders...

'This-team-STINKS, the-coaches-all-SUCK, but... gooooooo, TEAM!'

:cheer:

Rivals reports transfers:
RB Trent Howland IU Soph
DL Quindaro Lee CMU Soph
DL Samuel Okinlala Pitt FR
DB Ethan Robinson Bucknell Jr

And MN verbals looking elsewhere:
LB Pretzlaff at MSU
S Perich at OSU
DL Abasiri USC

Perich with tOSU... something to watch.

I guess you're right; it is theoretically possible to frequently criticize and complain about the team and the coaches, all the while 'cheering' for them.

Maybe we could come up with a new 'hard-eyed, realistic' cheer for the cheerleaders...

The best part is he is all negative about fleck all the time but won’t even say he would hire fleck

So he is that angry, but wouldn’t make a change. Sad life 😂

I can't blame a kid for going for the money, if that's what he decides to do.

The best part is he is all negative about fleck all the time but won’t even say he would hire fleck

He is a long-time season ticket holder. Sometimes that seems a bit puzzling to me. He doesn't seem to get much joy out of it, but maybe that's just my impression.

Have you donated to help with NIL? If not, you don't have a right to complain

I'm a Twins season ticket holder. It would be like me acting all surprised and upset we didn't sign Ohtani.
I’m not sure how that fits with the topic.

The post that was quoted said the Gophers don’t have the talent or coaches to compete with the “big boys” in the B1G. I know “real fans” would never say that, but it is a simple fact. My question was why should that mean the poster should stop cheering? Is one required to think a team is awesome to cheer for them? I didn’t ask you, but might as well now as no one knows more about what “real fans” should do than you.

He is a long-time season ticket holder. Sometimes that seems a bit puzzling to me. He doesn't seem to get much joy out of it, but maybe that's just my impression.
Because I don’t like PJ? LOL. The only thing puzzling is that you think one needs to love the coache and think the team and B1G West are all awesome to “get joy”. I like watching football, like to support my alma mater, like tailgating, and like hanging with friends. Puzzling. 🤦‍♂️

We could win the B1G next year and I still wouldn’t like PJ. What does that have to do with wanting him fired or not? Stupid take.

The post that was quoted said the Gophers don’t have the talent or coaches to compete with the “big boys” in the B1G. I know “real fans” would never say that, but it is a simple fact. My question was why should that mean the poster should stop cheering? Is one required to think a team is awesome to cheer for them? I didn’t ask you, but might as well now as no one knows more about what “real fans” should do than you.

No. Obviously, it is not 'required'. Your takes on the team and the coaches prove that nobody is 'required' to think the team is awesome.

It seems odd, though, that people who seldom have anything good to say are still fans of the team.

It's like a guy who claims to love his wife while constantly putting her down.

We could win the B1G next year and I still wouldn’t like PJ. What does that have to do with wanting him fired or not? Stupid take.

Using the word 'stupid' to characterize someone else's take is not your usual style. Are you okay?

Because I don’t like PJ? LOL. The only thing puzzling is that you think one needs to love the coache and think the team and B1G West are all awesome to “get joy”. I like watching football, like to support my alma mater, like tailgating, and like hanging with friends. Puzzling. 🤦‍♂️

Why do you never post about those things, then? I feel like all I ever read coming from you is negative. Again, maybe just my impression. Maybe you've made many positive posts and I overlooked them.

No. Obviously, it is not 'required'. Your takes on the team and the coaches prove that nobody is 'required' to think the team is awesome.
Well, they aren’t. They were borderline terrible this year in a bad division. Gasp. How could a fan say that.
It seems odd, though, that people who seldom have anything good to say are still fans of the team.
Not a lot of positive things to say right now 🤷‍♂️. “Real fans” stay fans through thick and thin tho, right?
It's like a guy who claims to love his wife while constantly putting her down.
Sports and marriage. Great comparison.

Why do you never post about those things, then? I feel like all I ever read coming from you is negative. Again, maybe just my impression. Maybe you've made many positive posts and I overlooked them.
I have. Many times. I’ve been on this board a long time Murray. A lot longer than you. I also post on this board a lot less than I used to - for the most part due to the constant nonsense of the PJ crowd. Let me assure you now tho, that I’ll never meet your positive post ratio requirements for a “real fan.”

I have. Many times. I’ve been on this board a long time Murray. A lot longer than you. I also post on this board a lot less than I used to - for the most part due to the constant nonsense of the PJ crowd. Let me assure you now tho, that I’ll never meet your positive post ratio requirements for a “real fan.”

??????

You don't post here as much because of the 'constant nonsense from the PJ crowd'... yet you know all about their/our 'constant nonsense', so I have to assume you must still be lurking/reading GopherHole frequently.

Are you saying you don't post as much as you used to because you're tired of trying to present your opposing, more negative point of view, and having people take the opposite side?

??????

You don't post here as much because of the 'constant nonsense from the PJ crowd'... yet you know all about their/our 'constant nonsense', so I have to assume you must still be lurking/reading GopherHole frequently.

Are you saying you don't post as much as you used to because you're tired of trying to present your opposing, more negative point of view, and having people take the opposite side?
You think the pro-PJ crowd is stronger now than before? LOL. I meant exactly what I said. You can continue to do what you do w/o me tonight. Clown.

Top Bottom