Portal Visitors this weekend

You have to be a special kind of stupid if you give your money to a billion dollar industry.

Says the guy using an iPhone or androi, has Verizon or T mobile, watched games on tv or attends, eats at chain restaurants, has a mortgage or auto loan through a bank, goes to a doctor, donates to charity, drives a car, etc.

Let a dude donate if he wants. It’s not your money.

Interesting.

Logan Fife 6'0" 205 lbs from Tracy, CA JR

3* recruit out of HS. rated 40th best dual-threat prospect by 247.

appeared in 10 games this season for Fresno St. Started 4 games in relief of injured #1 QB. passing was 84 of 120 for 892 yds with 2 TD and 6 INT. was 2-2 as the starter with wins over San Jose State and New Mexico.

according to Ryan Burns, coaches made it clear to Fife that Brosmer is the #1 QB and Fife is coming in as the backup, but will be given the "chance to compete."

if nothing else, this provides a more experienced backup, so if something happens to Brosmer, they don't have to throw Lindsey to the wolves.

What was your favorite Trent Howland moment, going back to Indiana. Having a coach and Cuban financing got them back in the fold.

What was your favorite Trent Howland moment, going back to Indiana. Having a coach and Cuban financing got them back in the fold.
I don’t get why we can’t bring in proven RB transfers (Howland isn’t even that). Who runs the ball like us?

Now the Gophers have the QB they need, signed from the transfer portal. That was the #1 priority. GOT IT DONE!

I don't know if I'd chase WR Jahmal Banks too hard. He probably will join Notre Dame anyway.

Last offseason the Gophers brought in a decent receiver Elijah Spencer, maybe a 3.5-star player. I wonder if he'll do better this season.

Next most urgent need was cornerback, in my view.

Gophers did bring in Ethan Robinson.

This isn't anything you don't know already.

Open to debate how good he is. Robinson is the #37 overall transfer portal player per Rivals.

1702857184441.png

On3 rating:
1702857044655.png

1702855893118.png

I think Gophers are getting this right.​

People need to calm down. AK was horrible and messed everything up.​

Look at who *is* good and coming back.​

Other news we all know:

1702856208073.png

1702856541131.png

1702856447540.png

It's so nice to have a strong offensive line. Minnesota has been pretty decent under Fleck.

1702856637321.png

1702856266316.png

1702856318583.png

I get it... But the lid was about to blow off.. and n.d. came calling... But holtz was not a mediocre coach...
Lou Hoax also stated that the damn dome was good enough for the Gopher Football Team to play in. He certainly did not want to have to work hard at fund-raising and getting his other agendas put on a back burner while trying to get a stadium built on the U of M campus for the Gopher football team. And, when he left without a warning after 1 &11/12ths seasons on the job at the U, and took a lot of the players he had recruited to Minnesota with him to ND, he broke the hearts of all the excited Gopher fans and the Twin Cities and the state of Minnesota football fans who were experiencing the "Les Steckel" era of the Minnesota Vikings into caring much less about Gopher Football and more about Viking football with Bud Grant coming back from retirement to save the Vikings from disgracing themselves even further than they did with Steckel-ball.

The way it turned out: Lou Hoax quite possibly did more to harm Gopher Football than to help it...IMHO. :0(

Lou Hoax also stated that the damn dome was good enough for the Gopher Football Team to play in. He certainly did not want to have to work hard at fund-raising and getting his other agendas put on a back burner while trying to get a stadium built on the U of M campus for the Gopher football team. And, when he left without a warning after 1 &11/12ths seasons on the job at the U, and took a lot of the players he had recruited to Minnesota with him to ND, he broke the hearts of all the excited Gopher fans and the Twin Cities and the state of Minnesota football fans who were experiencing the "Les Steckel" era of the Minnesota Vikings into caring much less about Gopher Football and more about Viking football with Bud Grant coming back from retirement to save the Vikings from disgracing themselves even further than they did with Steckel-ball.

The way it turned out: Lou Hoax quite possibly did more to harm Gopher Football than to help it...IMHO. :0(
Yep, Hoax was just a door stop here at MN waiting for his dream job to open. But he did create a lot excitement at the damn dome!! Holtz look-a-like contests, etc helped fill the damn place up. It was a lot of fun. They lost to #2 Oklahoma 13-7 but had a chance at the end.

Man Wayne, I almost passed out reading the lengthy bolded sentence! Your HS English teacher would not be happy with you! ;)

Left without warning? He had a Notre Dame exclusion written into his contract. He still might have stayed had not the university president kept him waiting in his Outer office nearly an hour when Lou was there to talk about it.

You do not keep the most important university employee waiting while you talk about remodeling your house.

Yep, Hoax was just a door stop here at MN waiting for his dream job to open. But he did create a lot excitement at the damn dome!! Holtz look-a-like contests, etc helped fill the damn place up. It was a lot of fun. They lost to #2 Oklahoma 13-7 but had a chance at the end.

Man Wayne, I almost passed out reading the lengthy bolded sentence! Your HS English teacher would not be happy with you! ;)

Ol’ teach might have accused me of lifting that from William Faulkner or James Joyce and their stream of conscious styles. Or in my case: stream of unconscious, lack of style. It was pretty damn bad!

;0)

Last edited:

We were in the same boat. I did not enjoy my HS English classes and the teachers. My bad, not theirs. Now I wish I would have had a better attitude back then. I finally recovered from my ill-advised HS choices while in college.

Don't forget to mention Holtz's bagman at Minnesota. Luther Darville.

Ol’ teach might have accused me of lifting that from William Faulkner or James Joyce and their stream of conscious styles. Or in my case: stream of unconscious, lack of style. It was pretty damn bad!

;0)
Reminded me of Cormac McCarthy.

Left without warning? He had a Notre Dame exclusion written into his contract. He still might have stayed had not the university president kept him waiting in his Outer office nearly an hour when Lou was there to talk about it.

You do not keep the most important university employee waiting while you talk about remodeling your house.
You buy that old Sid Hartman cover story?
I personally don’t.

You bought Sid’s story about that?

Remember, Minnesota, Notre Dame and South Carolina football programs all got in trouble with the NCAA after Hoax left them for things Lou did while coach. So did North Carolina and Arkansas.

Hoax was teflon coated and always left the schools holding the bag after he left the programs. Penalties were made to the programs and hoax didn’t have to face the punishments handed out for the violations for which he was responsible.

I find no reason to feel nostalgic about Lou Hoax.

Last edited:

Top Bottom