POLL- How do you like the new forum?

POLL- How do you like the new forum?

• Total voters
Can we have a button for skipping to the last unread post next to the topic? I know the last one used to have a little square next to the topic in question. Otherwise, I have to guess and check.

Can we have a button for skipping to the last unread post next to the topic? I know the last one used to have a little square next to the topic in question. Otherwise, I have to guess and check.

There is a "Jump to new" button in each thread, which will take you to the newest post in the thread that you already visited. The site takes users to it as well.

Go Gophers!!

One thing I liked previously were titles that are bolded (for better visibility on desktop), and that become unbolded after viewing latest comments within a thread.

I enjoyed the Chinese version posted earlier. I don't get many opportunities to exercise my linguist flourish in that tongue..

I wanted to vote Chrome Gold helmets, but the full banana was in all caps and had several exclamation points and better captured the tone of my excitement.

What phone are people using that is having problems with the site? Works perfectly on my iPhone.

What phone are people using that is having problems with the site? Works perfectly on my iPhone.

I'm on a Pixel 2 and it's been fine for me thus far. It's a little different but so far so good.

It doesn’t look quite as nice or as easy to navigate as it was with Tapatalk. I much prefer it in the app vs. using a browser.

Suggestions: as others have said, the “pageless” feature on tapatalk was nice, sorry to see that go. Where is a drop down at true top with the different forums? I have to go to the home page to jump between them?Bolding thread titles would make it easier to read.

For the like options can we add options for:

Meh
Facepalm
Clown
and
Dislike?

(or at least a couple of them)

The dislike should have a Badgers or Hawkeyes emoji.
I was thinking some kind of "are you drunk or something?" emoji. It could just be a picture of a Badgers fan.

Mobile font is teeny tiny in Android and zooming in moves half the paragraph off the page. The font is a lot smaller than Tapatalk. Windows is just fine. I won't be using this when away from the laptop very much.

I agree!!!!!!!

I guess there has to be one oddball in the bunch but, so far, I’m not happy with the change. The infinite scrolling was much more user friendly in my opinion and having to log back in every time I come back to the site is pissing me off. If I check remember me, I shouldn’t have to do that.
I agree. I had tapatalk down. This format reminds me of the Badger Rivals site. My phone is not bookmarking the site, tried 4 times. Likely operator error.

The mobile site looks beautiful on my Galaxy s10. I pinned it to my homescreen so I can tap to open it just like an app and it's flawless. I actually didn't care for Tapatalk...

@MGGopher That's a great idea. I just added my to my android phone as a shortcut as well!

It’ll take sometime to get used to, but I do like the fact that we can use ?〽️?

It’ll take sometime to get used to, but I do like the fact that we can use ?〽?

I like we can @Yah-E people by username which can set off their notifications if someone is talking to them.

?

?

??

The mobile site looks beautiful on my Galaxy s10. I pinned it to my homescreen so I can tap to open it just like an app and it's flawless. I actually didn't care for Tapatalk...
I have an S10 too but the font is much smaller than Tapatalk. Did you come across any tricks to enlarge it?

Why doesn’t everyone just write in a larger font??

There must be a way to adjust the default.

I have an S10 too but the font is much smaller than Tapatalk. Did you come across any tricks to enlarge it?

Hasn't really bothered me yet, so no...sorry. One thing you can obviously do is hold the phone sideways and just zoom in, but I know that's not a permanent (or preferred) solution. I'll let you know if I stumble upon anything.

I’m having to log in every time I come back to the site even though I have it checked on the front page to remember me. I never had to do this with the Tapatalk app. Very annoying already.
Yeah. Really would like an app for the phone. Just hate having to go through a browser. I suppose this forces us to view their ads though so more revenue maybe?

I liked how the old forum let you go to a page other than page 1 from the listing of topics. Now I need to click into it, scroll to the bottom, and then go to the page I want. Most of the time I want to go to the newest page rather than the first.

I liked how the old forum let you go to a page other than page 1 from the listing of topics. Now I need to click into it, scroll to the bottom, and then go to the page I want. Most of the time I want to go to the newest page rather than the first.
@GoGophersUMN it lets me just click on the page number you want from the topic list example after the timestamp. or did you mean a different way?
Capture.PNG

Tapatalk was very easy and efficient for me. The mobile friendly site means more steps and less efficiency. Perhaps Tapatalk was dropped due to cost. I can respect that. I'll get used to this. Mostly, however, it took me a couple days to find this mobile friendly site. I suspect some casual users will be lost and a bigger market will be lost by leaving Tapatalk.

Absolutely! And it’s pretty easy to get to the last page but the second to last page requires typing the page number in?
It is definitely not as user friendly. I know it’s new but this example is not an improvement.
Plus, the number of topics/titles on a page is much too few. More navigation on a phone is not a bonus.

Please elaborate on what you mean and we will look into it.
In the old format, in the title, you could choose the page number you wanted to read by clicking on it. The page numbers were displayed. Presently, your choice is page 1.

In the old format, in the title, you could choose the page number you wanted to read by clicking on it. The page numbers were displayed. Presently, your choice is page 1.

Thanks. We will try to adjust this if we can.

Top Bottom