POLL- How do you like the new forum?

POLL- How do you like the new forum?

• Total voters

Biggest issue I have with the new site is that there are less topics on the first page of each forum. The old site, very rarely would topics that are current be on page 2, now that is not the case.
The longer a forum topic title is the more space it takes up. Is there a way to limit the length of the title that shows so that each topic takes up the same amount of space?

Biggest issue I have with the new site is that there are less topics on the first page of each forum. The old site, very rarely would topics that are current be on page 2, now that is not the case.
The longer a forum topic title is the more space it takes up. Is there a way to limit the length of the title that shows so that each topic takes up the same amount of space?

We are hoping to extend the number of threads that show up on the first page.

Currently the listing of page numbers, while inside a thread, is only at the bottom of each page. He's asking if the page number listing can be at the top of each page of a thread too. So that if he comes in on page one of the thread he can select what page of the thread he wants to go to without having to scroll down to do so.

We are addressing this @Airguard6

Suggestions: as others have said, the “pageless” feature on tapatalk was nice, sorry to see that go. Where is a drop down at true top with the different forums? I have to go to the home page to jump between them?Bolding thread titles would make it easier to read.

We are addressing all of this @forever a gopher

@GFBfan we addressed this and added many more topics per page.

@UpAndUnder43 we are adding the page selection on top of the thread as well.

I mean from the main forum page. I like to see the page numbers for a variety of reasons. All I see are the reply #s. Sorry if that wasn’t clear!
I love the updates overall. Waiting for dark mode to launch.

Yes it’s been mentioned already but essentially in Tapatalk they didn’t have “pages” you just kept scrolling and the new posts loaded automatically as you scrolled.

This likely won’t be possible unless there is a downloadable app.
This is possible with web apps. I'm a web developer and we've been designing web apps to work that way for many years.

Mobile font is teeny tiny in Android and zooming in moves half the paragraph off the page. The font is a lot smaller than Tapatalk. Windows is just fine. I won't be using this when away from the laptop very much.

Pantha, in case you haven't found a solution, you can increase your text size in the Chrome Android web browser, which shouldn't zoom everything else:

The Chrome Android browser has its own separate setting for increasing text size across the web:
1. Open Chrome, tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner, and select “Settings”
2. Tap “Accessibility,” then adjust the “Text scaling” slider until the text is comfortable for you to read.

Pantha, in case you haven't found a solution, you can increase your text size in the Chrome Android web browser, which shouldn't zoom everything else:

The Chrome Android browser has its own separate setting for increasing text size across the web:
1. Open Chrome, tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner, and select “Settings”
2. Tap “Accessibility,” then adjust the “Text scaling” slider until the text is comfortable for you to read.

Did that. The font on this forum does not change. It changes for other apps.

Top Bottom