Please STOP the coach bashing. It does NOT help anyone. I'm 100% fine with your opinion. Make it once and MOVE on.

I guess I know I am over the target now. Wondering how long that would take.

As someone with 25+ years online marketing, advertising, and PR experience and yes working with and having relationships with local colleges, pro teams, flying on team planes, interacting with players, and dealing with sports related public relations disasters on the highest levels I can provide a little insighthohole: Anyone obsessing over making a difficult decision will absorb all the info they can and try to make a informed decision. As it turns out perception is reality when it comes to these sorts of things.

How many times did you look at a product on Amazon only to read the 1st review where someone complained it was junk and that skewed your decision making process whether or not you ended up hitting the "add to cart" button

Opinions on a local fan forum will definitely have an effect however small or large (So save me the BS... Bob)
What percentage of the program’s current state is because of CBJ and what percentage is attributable to gopherhole?

Your reaction implies a pretty significant amount.

I’d say something good about Ben’s coaching but I don’t agree with fake news.

I'm starting to become curious about what we're allowed to talk about here. I mean, I can converse on most subjects, so just let me know. The problem is, we all like college basketball, but when we talk about other teams and other games, we end up accused of being closet Badger and Tommie fans. I'm beginning to think we can't win for losing.

I guess I know I am over the target now. Wondering how long that would take.

As someone with 25+ years online marketing, advertising, and PR experience and yes working with and having relationships with local colleges, pro teams, flying on team planes, interacting with players, and dealing with sports related public relations disasters on the highest levels I can provide a little insight: Anyone obsessing over making a difficult decision will absorb all the info they can and try to make a informed decision. As it turns out perception is reality when it comes to these sorts of things.

How many times did you look at a product on Amazon only to read the 1st review where someone complained it was junk and that skewed your decision making process whether or not you ended up hitting the "add to cart" button

Opinions on a local fan forum will definitely have an effect however small or large (So save me the BS... Bob)
That's not the point I was making.

You implied that some of us lifelong Gopher fans (posting here for years) are really UST and WI double-agents who are using this message board as some sort of viral marketing campaign to hurt the U.

Let me be perfectly clear - - WI fans want us to keep Ben Johnson. UST fans want us to keep Ben Johnson. It's why WI fans hate Fleck so much, they are threatened by him.

In this dream scenario where double-agents are working a message board to bring down the U, they would look a lot more like you (CBJ supporter/Give-it-Time Crowd) than they would like me (Fire CBJ crowd/World-is-Burning Crowd).

You implied that some of us lifelong Gopher fans (posting here for years) are really UST and WI double-agents who are using this message board as some sort of viral marketing campaign to hurt the U.

Let me be perfectly clear - - WI fans want us to keep Ben Johnson. UST fans want us to keep Ben Johnson. It's why WI fans hate Fleck so much, they are threatened by him.

In this dream scenario where double-agents are working a message board to bring down the U, they would look a lot more like you (CBJ supporter/Give-it-Time Crowd) than they would like me (Fire CBJ crowd/World-is-Burning Crowd).
This is a great take. If I were to spin it slightly, I think UST and Gopher fans…or basketball fans in the state of MN…but specifically in the Twin Cities (since both schools are based in the TC) should root for their teams to be in top form. They should root for UST to get into the Big East, AAC, or A10 so there is a buzz to basketball in the TC. A rising tide lifts all boats.

For the 100th time - I don't disagree with many of your points even on Ben.

Is anyone being paid to be negative - how should I know?

Still, You lock threads that are played out, you give out temp bans if people are just sowing discord and if someone continually does it you boot them and move on. I don't want to be an admin for the forum.

For the 100th time - I don't disagree with many of your points even on Ben.

Is anyone being paid to be negative - how should I know?

Still, You lock threads that are played out, you give out temp bans if people are just sowing discord and if someone continually does it you boot them and move on. I don't want to be an admin for the forum.
You want to lock threads on Gopherhole for having repetitive content or just repetitive content that you don't want to hear?

Because if it's only the repetitive content that you think needs to be banned, there will be about 7 messages a week on this board.

I've tried but so far the blanket hasn't been banned. In the past we just burned the blanket. 😏🤔
I'm really shocked you wanted people banned from the board for saying things you didn't like. It's so unlike you.

You want to lock threads on Gopherhole for having repetitive content or just repetitive content that you don't want to hear?

Because if it's only the repetitive content that you think needs to be banned, there will be about 7 messages a week on this board.
It is a cesspool at this point. Yes, I would temp ban the occasional FUDer, lock a thread or two. There you go. If it is 7 messages so be it. Heck yeah. Would sleep like a baby.

It wouldn't be 7 messages though - there would be more people here, better content, and a better product in general.

It is a cesspool at this point. Yes, I would temp ban the occasional FUDer, lock a thread or two. There you go. If it is 7 messages so be it. Heck yeah. Would sleep like a baby.

It wouldn't be 7 messages though - there would be more people here, better content, and a better product in general.
You don't see how you're being incredibly immature? You don't like a repetitive conversation on this board so instead of simply ignoring the threads/comments/poster you want the site to block them and lock down? That's pouty as hell.

It won't be a better product. It will be a product that caters to people too sensitive to read things they don't like or too dumb to figure out how to avoid them.

But yeah, you're right, they should change the entire message board so it caters around your fragility.

You don't see how you're being incredibly immature? You don't like a repetitive conversation on this board so instead of simply ignoring the threads/comments/poster you want the site to block them and lock down? That's pouty as hell.

It won't be a better product. It will be a product that caters to people too sensitive to read things they don't like or too dumb to figure out how to avoid them.

But yeah, you're right, they should change the entire message board so it caters around your fragility.
An example of the weakening of America.

(Crosses CPTMidnight off the "Possibly Antifa" list)

Last edited:

It is tiresome to have haters of the Gophers overrunning the board.

I’m so tired of this effing lazy take. I don’t hate the Gophers, they’re my alma mater and I love them. What I do have for all our sports teams is expectations. And what the hell is wrong with having expectations for them to at minimum be competitive and entertaining? For Christ’s sake, that’s the MINIMUM fans who love their team should have. I’ll argue it’s teams with fans who have no expectations for them to be good that are the haters because they encourage mediocrity. And abject mediocrity is what’s enveloped this program for 25 years and counting.

It is tiresome to have haters of the Gophers overrunning the board.
I'm sure there are a lot of things we all do that are tiresome to others, that's life.

Oh and Gopher "haters" want us to keep Ben.

I agree with the OP.... have your say, what ever it is, but please stop infecting every conversation with your toxicity.

I have stayed away for quite a while and I see the regulars are all up to the same Bull Shit.

How much can you bitch about the same thing over and over again.

If you think you are the only ones who can read this free message board, then you are a bigger idiot than you pretend to be. It is a very easily accessed source of "info" about our programs and we sure have a small group of the most toxic fans yahoos of any school.

Don't be that obnoxious brat that has to be a part of every conversation and that everyone avoids.

I can bitch about it daily ... Nothing changes... Every week... Every game ... Same ol same ol....

I’m so tired of this effing lazy take. I don’t hate the Gophers, they’re my alma mater and I love them. What I do have for all our sports teams is expectations. And what the hell is wrong with having expectations for them to at minimum be competitive and entertaining? For Christ’s sake, that’s the MINIMUM fans who love their team should have. I’ll argue it’s teams with fans who have no expectations for them to be good that are the haters because they encourage mediocrity. And abject mediocrity is what’s enveloped this program for 25 years and counting.
You whine and whine. You show lack of basketball awareness and you refuse to see the good.
Change my take by being positive.

You whine and whine. You show lack of basketball awareness and you refuse to see the good.
Change my take by being positive.
You've shown your basketball "awareness" by blindly defending a dumpster fire. No one on this board has been wrong more often about basketball than you have in the last three months. No one.

As to whining, you're on this thread crying for the mods to lock it up because people say things you don't like.

I agree with the OP.... have your say, what ever it is, but please stop infecting every conversation with your toxicity.

I have stayed away for quite a while and I see the regulars are all up to the same Bull Shit.

How much can you bitch about the same thing over and over again.

If you think you are the only ones who can read this free message board, then you are a bigger idiot than you pretend to be. It is a very easily accessed source of "info" about our programs and we sure have a small group of the most toxic fans yahoos of any school.

Don't be that obnoxious brat that has to be a part of every conversation and that everyone avoids.
So are you saying that if we bitch enough that we could have an impact on the program? If so, a true Gopher fan would be on here begging for a coaching change with every post.

What do you expect a thread like this to look like? Do you think people should simply not respond to these kinds of threads? It's like if I started a thread saying "Shake Shake makes the best fast food burger" and then was shocked that people brought up other fast food chains.

This kind of thread BEGS for the very discussion the OP is crying about existing. It actually requires those kinds of responses.

Freedom Bob says its all about FREEEEEEEDDDDDDOOOOM!!!! YEAH! (or your fragile)

america-hurricane.gif

I can dig it.

(I might still ban you for FUDing tho - lol)

Hear! Hear!

Top Bottom