Please STOP the coach bashing. It does NOT help anyone. I'm 100% fine with your opinion. Make it once and MOVE on.

Definitely my bad! I'm probably too old to be opening my mouth. Sorry folks:)

This is an online fan forum…what do you expect.

How about this…we stop bashing once he hits 40% winning percentage in the B10? Deal?

Maybe even settle at 20%…

🎶🎶
You start a conversation, you can't even finish it/
You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything/
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed/
Say something once, why say it again?🎶🎶

When I was a lot younger my identification with teams that I liked was strong and a loss ruined my day and watching the game stressed my cardiovascular system.
Now as a much older person, I realize my days on earth are finite and I am not wasting one of them being miserable and angry over things that are trivial and that I have no control over.
Johnson and the team do not want to lose and Coyle does not want to see the barn half full or filled with a rival team's fans.
If nothing improves over the next two years Johnson will be gone.
In the meantime, if watching the games is painful, do the rational thing and stop watching.

When I was a lot younger my identification with teams that I liked was strong and a loss ruined my day and watching the game stressed my cardiovascular system.
Now as a much older person, I realize my days on earth are finite and I am not wasting one of them being miserable and angry over things that are trivial and that I have no control over.
Johnson and the team do not want to lose and Coyle does not want to see the barn half full or filled with a rival team's fans.
In the meantime, if watching the games is painful, do the rational thing and stop watching.
Thanks Built!

So philosophical....🤔😏

This is an online fan forum…what do you expect.

How about this…we stop bashing once he hits 40% winning percentage in the B10? Deal?

Maybe even settle at 20%…
For one, I expect Gopher fans, rather than your sorry ass Tommy bullshit.
How about you start a site called the Tommy Sphincter where you can be you.

You’ve posted your pro-Johnson outrage with the complainers. You’ve shared your opinion once. Now move on.
I guess that makes no more sense than your post. It would lead to an inactive board.
I don’t agree with or enjoy every post on GH but, as a whole, they are what make it the only site I visit everyday.
If I would call a stop to anything on here it would be the exchanges between the geniuses who’s only goal is to spar with each other over their ludicrous takes (“you said…”; “I never did, prove it!”).

I like your post but I cannot concur with the bolded sentence. I think he should be gone after next season if there isn't significant improvement (like at least an overall season winning percentage of .500 or better).

Right now, my assumption is that we will lose Battle and Cooper but no one else significant and the coach will be able to pick up enough competent help from the portal to provide adequate depth. That would give Johnson his most experienced team (in terms of playing together and for him) to date. If he can't get to .500 next season, I would have even less faith in him accomplishing that in the following year when Garcia likely would be gone.

The incessant complaining on Ben is damaging and self fulfilling.

1. You complain about Ben nonstop in the only place (outside of the coaching staff) that recruits and families go for discussion and inside info on Gophers basketball.
  2. Any positive thread is quickly filled with negative jokes and complaining
  3. From the outsiders perspective it appears to be all negative all the time and that nobody trusts Ben or Richard or Tubby or whoever the next guy is.
  4. This makes Ben's job of attracting and keeping quality players a little harder (and he needs all the help he can get)
  5. Then when we dont get someone / or a top recruit leaves you have more to complain about - you are justified and complain even more.

Where the hell is Jason and Nadine or whoever runs things now? Find an admin or two, lock threads when they are played out, when people are clearly just FUDing you ban them for a week. When you spot a guy clearly here to undermine the program on behalf of WI or UST you just boot them. Nobody will miss these people. As an alternative - just ban all of the positive fans to put us out of our misery.

OK -here it comes: (in my best dopey caveman voice) "If Ben was putting up wins we wouldn't be complaining" Thats BS you losers... you would still complain after every loss.

The incessant complaining on Ben is damaging and self fulfilling.

1. You complain about Ben nonstop in the only place (outside of the coaching staff) that recruits and families go for discussion and inside info on Gophers basketball.
  2. Any positive thread is quickly filled with negative jokes and complaining
  3. From the outsiders perspective it appears to be all negative all the time and that nobody trusts Ben or Richard or Tubby or whoever the next guy is.
  4. This makes Ben's job of attracting and keeping quality players a little harder (and he needs all the help he can get)
  5. Then when we dont get someone / or a top recruit leaves you have more to complain about - you are justified and complain even more.

Where the hell is Jason and Nadine or whoever runs things now? Find an admin or two, lock threads when they are played out, when people are clearly just FUDing you ban them for a week. When you spot a guy clearly here to undermine the program on behalf of WI or UST you just boot them. Nobody will miss these people. As an alternative - just ban all of the positive fans to put us out of our misery.

OK -here it comes: (in my best dopey caveman voice) "If Ben was putting up wins we wouldn't be complaining" Thats BS you losers... you would still complain after every loss.
Have to admit that I get tired of reading the 150th iteration of "Ben is in over his head" and the multiple variants.......

Stop watching? Sooooo...cancel our season tickets? Or keep our season tickets and not attend the games? I'm going to need more specifics.

Top Bottom