Please STOP the coach bashing. It does NOT help anyone. I'm 100% fine with your opinion. Make it once and MOVE on.

Don't be fragile Bob.
You are attacking posters for having opinions you are bored with because you can't honestly defend a last place team. The discourse is one sided because this team is historically bad. If the team improves, the discourse will be more balanced, or even a majority positive. People were starting to come around after our first conference win, but then we proceeded to lose 12 straight. Naturally the discourse went in a negative direction. Gopherhole is only a reflection of what is happening on the floor. Trying to control the thoughts of others to protect your own sensibility couldn't be more fragile. Hey we won tonight, go Gophers!

You've shown your basketball "awareness" by blindly defending a dumpster fire. No one on this board has been wrong more often about basketball than you have in the last three months. No one.

As to whining, you're on this thread crying for the mods to lock it up because people say things you don't like.
It's not a dumpster fire. You're a chicken little.

You are attacking posters for having opinions you are bored with because you can't honestly defend a last place team. The discourse is one sided because this team is historically bad. If the team improves, the discourse will be more balanced, or even a majority positive. People were starting to come around after our first conference win, but then we proceeded to lose 12 straight. Naturally the discourse went in a negative direction. Gopherhole is only a reflection of what is happening on the floor. Trying to control the thoughts of others to protect your own sensibility couldn't be more fragile. Hey we won tonight, go Gophers!
You guys attack the coach and team and make them the butt end of every joke but if someone calls your tactics "lame" you are offended?

Are you guys for real?

You guys attack the coach and team and make them the butt end of every joke but if someone calls your tactics "lame" you are offended?

Are you guys for real?
You are lumping all criticism as an attack which is obviously dishonest. Some people deal with loss through humor, and there has been a lot of losing. I personally would rather laugh at our ineptitude then get mad. You must certainly know the players or coaches personally, because I'm not sure why else you would take the discussion about them this personally. You didn't just refer to tactics as lame, you are calling for temp bans and thread locks. Are you for real?

You are lumping all criticism as an attack which is obviously dishonest. Some people deal with loss through humor, and there has been a lot of losing. I personally would rather laugh at our ineptitude then get mad. You must certainly know the players or coaches personally, because I'm not sure why else you would take the discussion about them this personally. You didn't just refer to tactics as lame, you are calling for temp bans and thread locks. Are you for real?
This entire post is why this website is becoMing non readable. If the people that run this website don’t do something to cleaning it up it becomes like MLB and no one reads it anymore. Apparently the minority are taking it over. NOTE how many likes a post gets and you know what the majority wants to see.

I didnt start this thread but agree with its premise. Some dont know when to give it a rest and take over every thread with the negative take on everything past/present/future.

Just came from a snowmobiling site. They have standards for posting and none of the negative or bickering would ever be allowed. Great site. They enforce their own rules and curate the user generated content to everyone's benefit.

I dont care who the person is - could be you Blood. GH puts together a short list of standards to keep the site healthy. You look at a thread like this one and decide nobody really is going to add much from here on out and you lock it. You PM a negative person to tell them to keep the serious FUD to a minimum and if they dont you give them a temp ban. If someone freaks out and just does damage you hit the perm ban and tell them to take it up with GH.

You attract the positive people to come get involved and you avoid people like me making fun of the negative people. This is pretty standard stuff. We should have 2 or 3 User Admins that frequent the boards for something of this size.

I didnt start this thread but agree with its premise. Some dont know when to give it a rest and take over every thread with the negative take on everything past/present/future.

Just came from a snowmobiling site. They have standards for posting and none of the negative or bickering would ever be allowed. Great site. They enforce their own rules and curate the user generated content to everyone's benefit.

I dont care who the person is - could be you Blood. GH puts together a short list of standards to keep the site healthy. You look at a thread like this one and decide nobody really is going to add much from here on out and you lock it. You PM a negative person to tell them to keep the serious FUD to a minimum and if they dont you give them a temp ban. If someone freaks out and just does damage you hit the perm ban and tell them to take it up with GH.

You attract the positive people to come get involved and you avoid people like me making fun of the negative people. This is pretty standard stuff. We should have 2 or 3 User Admins that frequent the boards for something of this size.
If the team wins, there is less FUD. It's really that simple. Look at the Nebraska game thread after the win. It is overwhelmingly positive.

If the team wins, there is less FUD. It's really that simple. Look at the Nebraska game thread after the win. It is overwhelmingly positive.
How long have you been coming to GH? Scools, spaulding, cjbfpb, builtbadger were on the same negative rant 5 years ago even during years where we were clearing heading to the big dance. The only difference is that Builtbadger must have stopped getting his check from Wisconsin boosters and now we have Wetblanket instead. They were thin skinned 5 years ago while they relentlessly took potshots at the previous coach (and to a lesser extent 5 years before that with Tubby). I expect they will be thin skinned as they try to destroy the next coach too.

I love this idea! I think some of the long time users could volunteer to be in a group of people that would help the moderators keep this site cleaned up but differ in opinions and good exchanges without all the bickerring and name calling.

How long have you been coming to GH? Scools, spaulding, cjbfpb, builtbadger were on the same negative rant 5 years ago even during years where we were clearing heading to the big dance. The only difference is that Builtbadger must have stopped getting his check from Wisconsin boosters and now we have Wetblanket instead. They were thin skinned 5 years ago while they relentlessly took potshots at the previous coach (and to a lesser extent 5 years before that with Tubby). I expect they will be thin skinned as they try to destroy the next coach too.
Are you upset they were ahead of the curve on Pitino? Ultimately he failed as a coach here. There were plenty of posters supporting Pitino at the time as well, it was mostly positive when they were playing well and winning games. Who cares what they say if you feel they were blatantly wrong? You seem to have singled out those who tend to bother you. Just place them on ignore.

This entire thread is you having a hissy fit and wanting people kicked off the board.No one is more thin-skinned than you.

When those folks start crying for you to be banned, you have a point. Until then, dry your eyes, take a deep breath, and try to power through bud.

Are you upset they were ahead of the curve on Pitino? Ultimately he failed as a coach here. There were plenty of posters supporting Pitino at the time as well, it was mostly positive when they were playing well and winning games. Who cares what they say if you feel they were blatantly wrong? You seem to have singled out those who tend to bother you. Just place them on ignore.
He's just having a hissy fit because people disagree with him and he doesn't want to read things he disagrees with.

I love this idea! I think some of the long time users could volunteer to be in a group of people that would help the moderators keep this site cleaned up but differ in opinions and good exchanges without all the bickerring and name calling.

So if you don't like an opinion that's different than yours, just ban them?

I expected better from a SDSU fan

I was not a fan of Pitino. Just did not turn every thread into a bash Pitino.

You and Bob are getting very circular in your logic here. I dont disagree with much of the stuff. Just the turning threads into a cesspool.

So if you don't like an opinion that's different than yours, just ban them?

I expected better from a SDSU fan
The only way to face lies/misinformation is by showing the truth! There is nowhere in what I said was there anything about banning someone I disagreed with. But you can read it again.
then you follow up that lie with an insult to the college I graduated from just for the fun of it!

so what did your post do to further the discussion about having a better board?

If you want to see a post that is vile and disgusting look at the post by woodburytim following my post on the women’s bb site About Arron Johnston. How many of you would vote to ban this poster? The moderators have not even removed it.

The only way to face lies/misinformation is by showing the truth! There is nowhere in what I said was there anything about banning someone I disagreed with. But you can read it again.
then you follow up that lie with an insult to the college I graduated from just for the fun of it!

so what did your post do to further the discussion about having a better board?

If you want to see a post that is vile and disgusting look at the post by woodburytim following my post on the women’s bb site About Arron Johnston. How many of you would vote to ban this poster? The moderators have not even removed it.
The internet might not be for you.

Speaking of thin skinned...

Top Bottom