Phillip Nelson XFL

No idea what would’ve happened but the reason I didn’t like the Kill regime was twofold.

1) rather than teach quarterbacks they would just yell at them. This same anecdote has come to me from multiple sources within the program that don’t know each other. So I believe it to be true

2) schematically, they never put themselves in a position where average quarterbacks could just make easy plays. They asked them to do extremely difficult things in tough situations.

Those two things together are really tough.
Might not have been on Kill, I’ve heard more negative things about his QB coach. But he allowed the guy to be the QB coach.

I never was close enough to the program to see the way the quarterbacks were coached. But What I heard about it aligned pretty well with what I did see within the program and my experiences with the coaching staff in the Claeys/Kill regime. I never had much interaction with Claeys...but I didn’t really like Sawvell Because I thought he was an awful teacher who treated people poorly in my few experiences with him. He behaved in the same manor that the QB coach was described to me.

Our passing woes extended beyond QB. Route Trees were never really developed and we seemed to have 2 passing plays (I know I'm exaggerating here) pass to FB/TE in flat, bomb down the field. We also seemed to rely on a Wr who had one good/decent year as a Sr. Kill loved to recruit two types of WR's:
1. Small and Fast
2. Big and physical but couldn't catch and/or run good routes

...I realize they recruited Tyler..

Leider was a good runner, good leader, ran the read option really well...not an accurate passer. Guy was tough as nails, played hurt, and proudly wore M&G. ML's running made us consistently one of more efficient teams in the red zone.

Phillip Nelson, fuck him. He quit on team because he wasn't happy about his role, nearly killed a guy in drunken bar fight, and really wasn't all that good either

Our passing woes extended beyond QB. Route Trees were never really developed and we seemed to have 2 passing plays (I know I'm exaggerating here) pass to FB/TE in flat, bomb down the field. We also seemed to rely on a Wr who had one good/decent year as a Sr. Kill loved to recruit two types of WR's:
1. Small and Fast

Leider was a good runner, good leader, ran the read option really well...not an accurate passer. Guy was tough as nails, played hurt, and proudly wore M&G. ML's running made us consistently one of more efficient teams in the red zone.

Phillip Nelson, fuck him. He quit on team because he wasn't happy about his role, nearly killed a guy in drunken bar fight, and really wasn't all that good either
He led the team into the boycott. that's not good.

1. Small and Fast

Shuddering are the thought of all of those bombs along the sideline. Did we ever complete those?

Is it just me or has Gopherhole gotten really weird in the last couple weeks? I mean, it's always been weird, but....

Can't we just get back to debating the correct shade of maroon?

Is it just me or has Gopherhole gotten really weird in the last couple weeks? I mean, it's always been weird, but....

And will Fleck ever bring back the Full Banana?

Bunch of folks who are busy talking about the topic....but seem to be more concerned about some personal gripes and making sure everyone knows it is they who said whatever thing... even when it would seem it is about the Gophers, it's about them.

No idea why so much of that lately.

Also the old dirty maroon was bad and everyone who liked it should feel bad.

“Good quarterback play is absolutely critical,” XFL Commissioner Oliver Luck said. “No question about it. We recognize that. A year ago when we started thinking deeply about signing players, we made a priority to identify and sign quarterbacks that were going to be as good as we could possibly get.”

Good quarterback play is absolutely critical,” XFL Commissioner Oliver Luck said. “No question about it. We recognize that. A year ago when we started thinking deeply about signing players, we made a priority to identify and sign quarterbacks that were going to be as good as we could possibly get.”

I think the XFL might be on to something here. Who would have thought QB play is critical? It might change the way football is looked at in other leagues too.

Grammar police on a internet message board ok
Another spoofin burner account?
No, it is more about the difference between trying to use an education and leaving it completely by the wayside.

Should of
Could of
Twords
Irregardless
Loose
Escape goats
Nipped it in the butt
Got off scotch free
One and the same
Deep seeded
I could care less
Baited breath
For all intensive purposes
By in large

Spell check can’t fix these. Makes a guy feel like he has prostrate cancer.

Top Bottom