Parker Fox commit to Minnesota

Okay, yeah I think he is gone. Also saw that New Mexico tweet. Would be shocked to see him return - unless of course he wanted a starting PG job in the Big Ten. 🤔

You never know. I'm assuming that Coach Johnson has had a chance to speak with him now. It's not crazy to think that he could be talked into staying.

You never know. I'm assuming that Coach Johnson has had a chance to speak with him now. It's not crazy to think that he could be talked into staying.

I wouldn't be mad. I'd just be very surprised. I liked Mash a lot

This is a good get. His ability to get to the rim will benefit this team. We still need shooters and a center.

This is awesome, Minnesota kid that truly wants to represent the Gophers just like Treyton. Glad it's official, getting these guys will help reel in some '22 minnesota kids.

Mashburn to New Mexico still isn't official, but they have to be the front runner. I would be surprised if he came back. Pitino did pull in former Arizona state defensive bulldog Jalen House today. I would think Mashburn would start over him unless they both played, would be very small for two guard spots though

The fact that the Minnesota logo is the only college logo along with the NBA one indicates that if he returns to college that it will be here.
Not sure if serious, Clark.

100 schools, 50 D1 schools reached out to Fox:

Arkansas, Boston College, Bradley, Bryant, Butler, BYU, Cal Poly, California, Clemson, Colorado State, Creighton, Dayton, Drake, East Tennessee State, Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida State, George Washington, Georgetown, Green Bay, Iona, Iowa, Kansas City, Liberty, Louisiana Monroe, LSU, Marshall, Miami, Minnesota, Missouri, Missouri State, Montana, Montana State, Murray State, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Northern Colorado, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Pepperdine, Pittsburgh, Sacramento State, Sam Houston State, San Diego State, Seton Hall, South Carolina, St. John's, St. Mary's, St. Thomas, Tampa, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UC Riverside, UC San Diego, Utah State, Vanderbilt, VCU, Virginia Tech, Wyoming, Xavier
No Western Michigan?

Dusty would kill for those hops though.
If Dusty had had hops like that... He'd have had a long career in the NBA, rather than in Australia. All I mean is that a MN kid who's only scholarship offers are DII (Rychart's only offer was from St. Cloud State... had to walk on at the U) comes from seemingly out of nowhere and leads the team.

I'll always remember fondly Rychart's stepping up and damn near leading the Gophers to an upset of Dan Monson's Gonzaga Zags after the cheating suspensions dropped, gutting the squad right before the game. He was a beast in that game... scoring and rebounding. If Fox can come even close to that, I will be a huge fan of his.

Still need a C and a PG but glad to see him returning home. Good pickup.
Why is everyone so worried we wont get what we need in the portal. There are 1200 maybe more now in the portal. Ben johnson and the staff will have a full team next year. Some people on here are worried we might have 8 guys on our team next year. Relax everyone be patient!

Very good news. Holy smokes has this been a wild ride. So many guys transferring out....and Ben Johnson is just pulling in every Minnesota native that can play to fill the roster. It's going to (hopefully) be a fun year.

Anyone know if there's any news with Mashburn? Boy....that would be some sort of news if he stayed. Obviously Brandon Johnson staying would be major. Find a serviceable center....regardless of the previous two....and we might not have a bad squad.

Really impossible to tell....bringing in guys from all sorts of levels.
Mashburn? He said for sure hes not coming back to minnesota a month ago!

Why is everyone so worried we wont get what we need in the portal. There are 1200 maybe more now in the portal. Ben johnson and the staff will have a full team next year. Some people on here are worried we might have 8 guys on our team next year. Relax everyone be patient!

I agree with you that we will find players to complete our roster but I don't think there are 1200 available players in the portal now. There have been close to 1400 players cumulative so far but I would say that well over 300 have accepted offers. There are still some players entering but, for the last week or more, players accepting offers have outnumbered new entries.

I would say that uncommitted players are closer to 1000 but even all those aren't completely available because many would have narrowed their choices to a small number of schools by now and are pretty close to committing. Of course, Minnesota likely is in the picture for a few of those.

Last edited:

giphy.gif
That guy looks like Parker.

Huge! Look at his offer list. Fox can jump out of the gym, rebound, defend, great get for this later bloomer. The roster is starting to fill up. Get that big from UND and another PG and fill in the rest.

That’s not the impression I got from his interview. Sounded pretty excited to have 2 years of eligibility at Minnesota.

That's certainly not a committal for the future. We'll see. Depends upon how good of a year he has I guess. Next season will be his fourth year of eligibility. Not everyone is going to want that option year.

That's certainly not a committal for the future. We'll see. Depends upon how good of a year he has I guess. Next season will be his fourth year of eligibility. Not everyone is going to want that option year.
He will be living the dream.... Got to think he plans to stay for 2 years unless he blows up into an early draft pick his first year.

Good news! Takes some sting out the Liam decision.
How so? They are different positions. Robbins is 7' and Fox is 6'8". That's a 4" deficit on Fox's part. Nothing against Fox, but these two have nothing in common.

I can already tell I'm going to have a love/hate relationship with Fox. Of those 80 dunks he had last year, it looks like he hung on the rim, celebrated and posed after 79 of them. He also tried to swat every block 25 rows into the stands.

I love the passion and athleticism though, should be a fun player to watch.

We are certainly putting together a scrappy team of guys who are hopefully very competitive with each other and earn every minute they are on the floor. If this staff can coach, we will finish above PSU and NW. If they can reach 8 conference wins this year, it will be a great starting point for the future.

Top Bottom