Parker Fox commit to Minnesota

6-8 Forward D-2 All-American Parker Fox could well be Coach Johnson top Gopher addition next season...Fox was able to choose between his final eight colleges which included Ohio State, Creighton, TCU, San Diego State, Florida State, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt and the Gophers.. Fox is a gifted athlete with a explosive first step & vertical with strength suited for Big Ten physicality.. He was a true highlight reel at Northern and D-2, do not be shocked if he also lights up the Barn.....

I will repeat what I said when we didn't get Hurlburt. This is big not because Fox is going to be some All B1G player, but this is why you hired Johnson. Kids who are choosing between the likes of Minn, Ohio st, Colorado, Xavier, fla st type schools pick the Gophers. That's why I was critical of not getting Hurlburt, yes it's "year 0" but these guys matter long term. So absolutely going to give Johnson props for closing the deal here, well done.

If we miss on Holloman and King then i'll be concerned; Hulbert announced one week (?) after Coach Ben was hired - it's completely unrealistic to hold that one against him.

Good news! Takes some sting out the Liam decision.

100 schools, 50 D1 schools reached out to Fox:

Arkansas, Boston College, Bradley, Bryant, Butler, BYU, Cal Poly, California, Clemson, Colorado State, Creighton, Dayton, Drake, East Tennessee State, Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida State, George Washington, Georgetown, Green Bay, Iona, Iowa, Kansas City, Liberty, Louisiana Monroe, LSU, Marshall, Miami, Minnesota, Missouri, Missouri State, Montana, Montana State, Murray State, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Northern Colorado, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Pepperdine, Pittsburgh, Sacramento State, Sam Houston State, San Diego State, Seton Hall, South Carolina, St. John's, St. Mary's, St. Thomas, Tampa, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UC Riverside, UC San Diego, Utah State, Vanderbilt, VCU, Virginia Tech, Wyoming, Xavier

Take me back to the third quarter song at TCF Stadium back in the early days

tenor.gif

Love this. Awesome to see the MN kid choose the Gophs.

I'm alright with Bran. Johnson moving on as well. Looking at our program and the rebuild we're going through it just makes sense. He could probably go play pretty much anywhere he wants (role depending on team).

Really excited Fox chose us though and big one for Coach BJ! Feel the momentum build. If anything, I think we'll see some big time dunks from this kid to get the people goin' at The Barn!

Very good news. Holy smokes has this been a wild ride. So many guys transferring out....and Ben Johnson is just pulling in every Minnesota native that can play to fill the roster. It's going to (hopefully) be a fun year.

Anyone know if there's any news with Mashburn? Boy....that would be some sort of news if he stayed. Obviously Brandon Johnson staying would be major. Find a serviceable center....regardless of the previous two....and we might not have a bad squad.

Really impossible to tell....bringing in guys from all sorts of levels.

Very good news. Holy smokes has this been a wild ride. So many guys transferring out....and Ben Johnson is just pulling in every Minnesota native that can play to fill the roster. It's going to (hopefully) be a fun year.

Anyone know if there's any news with Mashburn? Boy....that would be some sort of news if he stayed. Obviously Brandon Johnson staying would be major. Find a serviceable center....regardless of the previous two....and we might not have a bad squad.

It really would be nice to see Theo John commit here. That would truly be a Minnesota-based roster and would be fun to see regardless of Win/Loss (Be competitive though).

I swear I saw in a post here that he went to New Mexico.

Was there some indication that Mashburn is considering coming back?

I swear I saw in a post here that he went to New Mexico.
I thought I had saw that as well. Think It's safe to say Mashburn is not coming back here. He has no connection to Coach BJ or MN. Pitino was his guy.

Was there some indication that Mashburn is considering coming back?
I just went back and found the tweet that said Mashburn is going to New Mexico. After looking at it again more closely, I'm not as convinced as I was before.

Top Bottom