Parker Fox commit to Minnesota

I can already tell I'm going to have a love/hate relationship with Fox. Of those 80 dunks he had last year, it looks like he hung on the rim, celebrated and posed after 79 of them. He also tried to swat every block 25 rows into the stands.

I love the passion and athleticism though, should be a fun player to watch.
Omersa

Getting interesting ... let's see what Brandon Johnson elects to do.

G - Stephens
G - Loewe / Sutherlin
F - Battle / Gach
F - Ihnen / Fox
C - TBD
Chet, where are you? We need you more than Gonzaga needs you.

Last edited:

Interesting they view him as a center, although he can't shoot great from beyond the arch and his FT is around 50%.
I guess if we were to go with a smaller lineup he could be a center on a team like that. Hadn't noticed his free throw percentage before but that is ugly. Maybe someone at the U can work with him on getting that up to at least the 60% range.

it looks like he hung on the rim, celebrated and posed after 79 of them. He also tried to swat every block 25 rows into the stands.
Yeah... That will cause a bit of Indigestion for me, as well. I'm hoping that on a bigger stage, that will be toned down a bit.

How about when he hits the 80 mark in dunks again, he can hang on the rim all he wants (providing he avoids technicals.)

Why is everyone so worried we wont get what we need in the portal. There are 1200 maybe more now in the portal. Ben johnson and the staff will have a full team next year. Some people on here are worried we might have 8 guys on our team next year. Relax everyone be patient!
First, I never said I was worried about not getting players from the portal. I simply stated that we still NEED a dedicated point guard and a big man. Second, there aren't 1200 players in the portal that are good enough to start in the B1G. So I could see why someone would have concerns about us filling those positions with above average players until they are actually filled.

Hopefully we hit on the two Texas A&M transfers coming with McNeilly but I can't imagine that'll be announced until we have officially hired McNeilly as an assistant coach.

50% on free throws is not ideal. Likely will get fouled a lot less in the B1G than he did in the NSIC

We are certainly putting together a scrappy team of guys who are hopefully very competitive with each other and earn every minute they are on the floor. If this staff can coach, we will finish above PSU and NW. If they can reach 8 conference wins this year, it will be a great starting point for the future.
As long as they are scrappy gym rats I’m fine with it.

I hope they aren't scrappy, because you can't spell "scrappy" without "crappy." I'll opt for hard-nosed.
In football they talk about each recruit’s jaw line.

In basketball we talk about their hard noses.

Top Bottom