P.J. Fleck names Cole Kramer as Gophers starting quarterback for Quick Lane Bowl

The answer to your question is "He is our best option."

And then you have people ripping him for "lowering expectations" or "not showing much support for Cole".

I would rather he just talk up the kid.

Doing great, thanks. I never fell for the schtick and so I don't feel the need to defend it now.

And your [bleep] don't stink either!

I love that you think we are defending a nothing statement because we "fell for the shtick". Cause you are just so much wiser than everyone...

Did you ever think that maybe we are responding to your (not so) witty comment not because we feel the need to defend Fleck (I know I never feel such a need I rarely listen to his coach speak unless I see it here) but because we found your post to be rather asinine? Is it not possible that we just thought you were wrong and sounding rather whiny and thought we would comment on it?

Nah of course not! We just can't see beyond the Fleck Kool-Aid...you are Leah Remini and we are just the Scientologists held under the sway of Fleck!!11!1

Out of curiosity, what exactly is “the schtick” that we all supposedly fell for and how does it differ from schtick that every coach in America uses?
His schtick is more Tony Robbins mixed with boat analogies. Jerry Kill’s was more “don’t worry about ole jer, I’m just a ball coach”.

His schtick is more Tony Robbins mixed with boat analogies. Jerry Kill’s was more “don’t worry about ole jer, I’m just a ball coach”.
Right, I understand what his style is (and yes I know he's a weird guy), but I don't get the idea that we all "fell for it". I know he has a schtick, as does Jerry Kill, as does Kirby Smart, and every other coach in America. I just didn't understand the "you fell for it" comment.

We fell for it because we don't overthink it...and we don't make terrible snarky posts about it. Then we don't amuse ourselves wondering why everyone doesn't agree with our quips.

Such typical GH responses to everyone who responded to this post or took offense to anyone pointing out the stupidity of the “lots of options” line. The lines are funny, obvious BS. Of course they are “coach speak” and he isn’t going to trash the players (PJ only does that in a passive aggressive style in pressers). But seriously, it is OK for PJ to use obvious BS coach speak, but not for others to call it out as obvious BS coach speak? Motherhood and apple pie. Grow up.
1702497372736.png

Interesting because it’s against the rules for the school or coach to have any direction over NIL at all.

So would seem a bit odd that DTA all of a sudden decided to offer him a NIL deal just for the bowl game, “for no reason”? :unsure:
You have to have 2 QB's for the bowl game.

There must be a lot more in that fund than I realized if Kramer is getting that big of a payday. Good for him though.

FWIW - went to the Action Network bowl tracker. according to that site, of teams in bowl games, at least 16 teams have had their starting QB's go into the portal. the QB from James Madison is in the portal, but might still play in their bowl game. at least 3 Starting QB's have announced they will opt out of a bowl game to prepare for the NFL. another QB has medically retired.

by my count that is at least 20 teams out of the 82 bowl teams that will be starting a backup QB in the bowl game, and there could be more based on opt-outs.

Top Bottom