Oturu doesn’t make first team All-Big Ten

Oturu deserved to be All-Big Ten First Team. I have no credentials to judge except for being a fan, but I think his stats speak for his worthiness. Steve Bardo's reasoning for voting him second team was weak and gutless at best. He stated he voted Garza over Oturu because Garza had a stronger supporting cast than Oturu, which to me is the reason Oturu earned the First Team Award. He stated, that "after all, it is a team sport", and I agree, indeed it is a team sport, but it is an individual award. None of these individual awards have team written on them. They recognize individual performance. Oturu accomplished his statistics with a weaker supporting cast, which means he did more with less, and should have been given first team recognition.

I hope Danel sticks around, next year could be great! One more point, I don't see how Pitino can be held responsible for breakdowns at ends of games. Inability to get the ball down the court in ten seconds,two times in a row rests on the players shoulders. The coach cannot make free throws for the team. He coached three winnable games and the players choked at the end.

Last edited:

Oturu deserved to be All-Big Ten First Team. I have no credentials to judge except for being a fan, but I think his stats speak for his worthiness. Steve Bardo's reasoning for voting him second team was weak and gutless at best. He stated he voted Garza over Oturu because Garza had a stronger supporting cast than Oturu, which to me is the reason Oturu earned the First Team Award. He stated, that "after all, it is a team sport", and I agree, indeed it is a team sport, but it is an individual award. None of these individual awards have team written on them. They recognize individual performance. Oturu accomplished his statistics with a weaker supporting cast, which means he did more with less, and should have been given first team recognition.

I hope Danel sticks around, next year could be great! One more point, I don't see how Pitino can be held responsible for breakdowns at ends of games. Inability to get the ball down the court in ten seconds,two times in a row rests on the players shoulders. The coach cannot make free throws for the team. He coached three winnable games and the players choked at the end.

None of Bardo's rationale includes why he couldn't have voted for both of them.

After all, it is a team sport"
That is why we also have standings.

Top Bottom