Oturu doesn’t make first team All-Big Ten

Where did you see that? I didn't find the announced teams.

Wow, that's a shame. He deserves all conference 1st team, no doubt.

Probably needed to win more games.

The problem this year is that the other guys on the 1st team are very good. Coulda taken out Cowan and Dosumnu and put 4 bigs. Other than that maybe Jalen Smith? Stevens?
Competitive league this year. 2nd team isn't a bad group of guys this year either.

The problem this year is that the other guys on the 1st team are very good. Coulda taken out Cowan and Dosumnu and put 4 bigs. Other than that maybe Jalen Smith? Stevens?
Competitive league this year. 2nd team isn't a bad group of guys this year either.
Yes- that's what should have happened. Crazy to me that both the coaches and the media came up with this. Oturu was more valuable than anyone not named Garza

Yes- that's what should have happened. Crazy to me that both the coaches and the media came up with this. Oturu was more valuable than anyone not named Garza
I think it just tells you that wins are valued in the voting.

Total and complete BS. Oturu has the only consistent first round NBA grade in the whole conference.
Overall talent in the Big 10 is terrible.

Who were the idiots who voted on this?

Lol, he's the best pro prospect in the league. Save me the based on college production. He's overachieving there as well.

Total and complete BS. Oturu has the only consistent first round NBA grade in the whole conference.
Overall talent in the Big 10 is terrible.
Don't think it's based on NBA talent. But yeah Oturu should be 1st drafted outta Big 10.

Marcus Carr was named honorable mention.

Don't think it's based on NBA talent. But yeah Oturu should be 1st drafted outta Big 10.
It doesn't have to be. He was statistically the best guy other than Garza and he was double and triple teamed all year. Oh well.

Absolute BS. The only person more deserving was Garza. Dosunmu, Cowan for sure should have been behind Oturu. You could argue Stevens as well. If the Gophers finished even .500, this probably wouldn’t have happened.

2nd in conference in scoring, 1st in rebounding and all-defensive team and he doesn't make first team. What the hell does it take, then? S-C-R-E-W-E-D.

Don't really understand how Lamar Stevens gets on the first team over Oturu. Daniel does it on both ends of the floor. Stevens or Cowan get bumped from the coaches list in my opinion.

Oturu: 1st in Rebounds, 2nd scoring, 1st blocks
Cowan: 6th in scoring, 4th in assists, outside top 20 in steals and blocks
Stevens: 4th in scoring, 11th in rebounding, 13th blocks

I hope this drives him to stick around another year but believe it's wishful thinking.

Oturu had the best overall stat sheet in the Big Ten

Just saw this. How is that even possible.

Maybe the voters were the same people that did not put Oturu on the MN State All-Tournament team?

I said a week ago on here that it wouldn’t be that outrageous for him not to be first team all conference. I stand by that

Top Bottom