Oturu doesn’t make first team All-Big Ten

Kris Humphries was first team, so that debunks the record theory.

Not exactly. In 2004 there were only 11 teams in the conference. One of new teams, Tri-Champ Maryland, got 2 players on the 2020 squad.

2004 was a DREADFUL year for the Big 10 as a whole. Only 3 teams that year made the NCAA Tourney. This year should be double digits at least.

In hindsight, it was a lot easier for a pure stat sheet stuffer like Humphries to get 1st Team honors.

Congrats to Oturo. Great accomplishment in my book.

Agree with all the comments here. He deserved to be all conference first team. Can’t believe he did not make it.

It it outrageous that X Tillman didn’t? Because he got the better of oturu in both matchups I watched and was also second team.
Oh, so we get to go to the NCAAs and not Ohio State because we beat them twice? This is good news if true!

It it outrageous that X Tillman didn’t? Because he got the better of oturu in both matchups I watched and was also second team.

When all-conference becomes an award for best 2 games then yes. But it measures the entirety of a 20-game conference season, and by that definition Oturu was without question one of the five best players.

Yes based on that logic Reuvers should of been second team as well ? because he out played Tillman twice.

Pretty clear he deserved it. Did voters have leeway to pick by position or just 5 players ?

It was those damn traveling violations that did Daniel in...??

Oh, so we get to go to the NCAAs and not Ohio State because we beat them twice? This is good news if true!
Nope. Whole of the deal. And in the whole of the deal the gophers are 12th in the conference. Unlikely they have one of the top 5 players.

Yes based on that logic Reuvers should of been second team as well ? because he out played Tillman twice.
For sure that’s exactly what I am saying.
It not some travesty he isn’t first time. I wouldn’t have voted him first team.

Well it is just opinion. I would have had him on and Carr 2nd team. Meanwhile Tre Jones won ACC player of the year.

Garza and Winston would of been my only unanimous votes. 5 others you could debate for three spots.

Daniel was first team all the way. It's not close. Numbers don't lie. My lying eyes don't lie. I know what I witnessed all year long. Sheesh.

Daniel was first team all the way. It's not close. Numbers don't lie. My lying eyes don't lie. I know what I witnessed all year long. Sheesh.
I disagree as do the coaches and the media

More evidence of the deep state conspiracy to disrespect MN athletics.

Something I haven't seen any mention of is that while these awards are supposed to be based on one season, they typically end up being based on multiple seasons. Preseason player and team rankings definitely create some voter bias.

Coming into this season, the players that did make 1st team would all have been ranked higher than Oturu. With the exception of Dosunmu, they are all upperclassmen. And Dosunmu was more highly touted out of high school and had a better season last year. I'm not saying it's right, but I think that's part of the explanation.

This board is about the Gophers, we don’t care about Tre Jones!

Sigh..

The Golden Gopher Basketball Forum is where die-hard Gopher basketball fans talk about the program, upcoming games, recruiting, and college basketball.

Sigh..

The Golden Gopher Basketball Forum is where die-hard Gopher basketball fans talk about the program, upcoming games, recruiting, and college basketball.
Does Wisconsin have to be included in that?

A first Team without Oturu is pretty worthless.

Stevens is the one he should be in over IMO. BTW, Stevens made the 1st team last year after Penn St went 7-13.

Does Wisconsin have to be included in that?
Of course not. Mods can block it or board participants can put the posters they get nothing out of on ignore. I love that feature and use to block out people that I feel have zero insight to share.

Of course not. Mods can block it or board participants can put the posters they get nothing out of on ignore. I love that feature and use to block out people that I feel have zero insight to share.
I was joking....

Sigh..

Tre Jones is entirely irrelevant to this thread though. He doesn’t even play in the Big Ten, and was likely only brought up as a potshot at the program and Pitino.

Top Bottom