Other Games Thread

LSU with a long TD strike to go up 31-27 with 1:15 left. Bielema should stay winless in the SEC.

aaaaaand there it is. loss couldn't have happened to a better guy

SJSU gets itself bowl eligible by knocking off Fresno State 62-52 (no overtime). Fales was 37/45 for 547 with 6 TDs, while Carr threw for 519 and 6 TDs. Nice defense.

Fresno St. Goes down to SJSU. Makes Gophers look good and increases chances for B10 to get two into BCS and bump everyone up.

I have to think Pelini is done after today's game against Iowa. Iowa really showed up this year. I've always respected the heck out of Ferentz.
That was my biggest worry about them this year. Every year you think they're down, he seems to make chicken salad out of chicken poop. And I'm calling this right now. The Gophers beat Sparty tomorrow and still get shafted in the bowl process, as they go to a worse bowl than Nebraska, despite essentially being two games ahead of them with the head-to-head victory. Hope I'm wrong (about the getting shafted), but we've seen that movie before.

I really think Michigan would be the only poor selection over the Gophers. Iowa's four losses are all to top 15 teams.

There is a lot of turmoil around the Nebraska and Michigan programs right now making each one less desirable. A win should get us at least to the Gator Bowl, a close loss and a MSU win over OSU might get us to the BWW Bowl. The Gator will choose either Georgia, Ole Miss, or Miss St to ensure sufficient tickets are sold.

There is a lot of turmoil around the Nebraska and Michigan programs right now making each one less desirable. A win should get us at least to the Gator Bowl, a close loss and a MSU win over OSU might get us to the BWW Bowl. The Gator will choose either Georgia, Ole Miss, or Miss St to ensure sufficient tickets are sold.

I agree, but the Nebraska fan base would follow them to a bowl game in Topeka, Kansas, and Michigan has alumni all over the place (which seems to pad interest).

One of the things Bud Grant used to say (and I'm paraphrasig whomever said it) is "It matters as much when you play somebody as who you play." I'd have almost liked to have flipped the Wisconsin and Michigan games and have Wisconsin beat us by 30 early in the season, because I think we could beat Michigan now. They've just collapsed.

I'm curious to see what happens when Hoke gets his own team on the field. I thought he'd be a big step up from Rodriguez (and I think Rodriguez is a pretty good coach), but he's scuffled.

It is always interesting to get my wife's perspective on these games. She just declared Oregon vs Oregon State looks like candy vs crayons

Awesome D being played between tOSU-Meatchicken...

Michigan is playing OSU tough. After watching today, I'm not sure MSU will be able to keep up with OSU as they don't have enough offense.

Wow. Michigan comes back from 14 down in the 4th quarter to tie it. I'm 20 minutes behind, so don't tell me how it ends. Can't wait to start the Iron Bowl either...

Wow, Michigan goes down the field with 2 minutes left and down 7 and scores. This game looks like it is headed for OverTime.

I have to think Michigan passes us in the bowl selection....if/where possible.

Ohio St intercepts the conversion and they'll head to Indianapolis undefeated. What a finish. I don't like the call, but Hoke had guts...

OSU pulls out the win after a failed two-point conversion.

PSU hits on a 70 yard touchdown pass against the Badgers.

Alabama and Auburn are starting up here.

Ugly Red is play huh? We kicked their butt in hockey last night. May have to watch PSU beat them...

I saw that. Nice punt return by PSU.

I think we'll know pretty quick here if Auburn can compete with Alabama. Would sure love to see the upset today...

30 yard draw play up the middle for Alabama on the 1st play.

Huge screen play by PSU. Back in the Badger red zone.

Auburn holds them to a 34 yard field goal try and Bama misses it. 0-0...

7-0 Auburn on a 45 yard QB draw up the middle. Go Tigers.

Loving watching Wisconsin struggle against PSU, but left wondering how the heck we didn't move the ball better against them. We handled PSU with relative ease IMO (some stalled drives and bad tackling in the second half notwithstanding), yet they're taking it to the Badgers in Madison...

31-14 Penn St right now. Sconnie is not going to win this game. Couldn't be happier to see the skunks lose.

They played much better last week. You could just as easily be asking why Penn St couldn't move the ball on us a few weeks back. They look pretty comfortable in Camp Randle today...

The skunks are starting to get blown out. We are Penn State.

Top Bottom