Other Games Thread

Reaction score
Watching the UNLV-Air Force game, just said -11 wind chill. A few shots of the stands and there can't be more than 3,000 people there.

San Jose State vs Navy is on tonight on ESPN2. 9-7 SJSU leading in the 2nd Qtr. SJSU threatening to score in the Red Zone. Fales is quite an accurate QB.

San Jose State vs Navy is on tonight on ESPN2. 9-7 SJSU leading in the 2nd Qtr. SJSU threatening to score in the Red Zone. Fales is quite an accurate QB.

Tuned in to the last 2:30, perfect timing to see the end of regulation and OT.

3rd OT! Fales in a Vikings uni?

Fales is a stud, looks like he was just a bit late on the int. Then Navy goes and scores on the 1st play to end it!

3rd OT! Fales in a Vikings uni?

I've been beating that drum to friends and family since the Gophers-SJSU game. To my eyes, Fales is an incredibly impressive QB. The NFL is all about accuracy (hitting small windows) and poise in the pocket, and he seems to have both in spades.

Kain Colter injured, the guy who hit him got ejected for targeting. It wasn't initially called targeting, but they reviewed it and determined that it was.

Kain Colter injured, the guy who hit him got ejected for targeting. It wasn't initially called targeting, but they reviewed it and determined that it was.

I agree that it was targeting as the rule is written, but #9 was in kind of a crappy position too. I don't think he could have gotten any lower to hit the guy. If he pulls up, with his momentum, he takes a chance of getting his knees taken out.

The body language of the NW players said it all. This is a lost season for them. Amazing how losing Venric Mark & Kain Colter greatly impacts their team.

UNC is up on Old Dominion 80-20 with the third quarter just having ended.

Arizona St going to PAC 12 title game. WI could have used that game.

Bama puts up 20 on Mississippi St. last week only to see Mississippi St. lose to Arkansas today. Florida lost to a FCS team today. Is the SEC that good? Why does Bama get a free pass? Ohio St should be in title fame if they win out. That would be 25 in a row.

Arizona St going to PAC 12 title game. WI could have used that game.

Bama puts up 20 on Mississippi St. last week only to see Mississippi St. lose to Arkansas today. Florida lost to a FCS team today. Is the SEC that good? Why does Bama get a free pass? Ohio St should be in title fame if they win out. That would be 25 in a row.

Mississippi St. won in O.T.

Oklahoma St taking Baylor to the woodshed. Oregon got crushed, which I can't say I was sad to see. Indiana smoked by Ohio St. Glad to see fast break offense having a bad day.

And how about that Florida score. Things are really bad down there. Can Auburn shock the world next week? Can Ohio St. beat Michigan St in the B10 championship (I think they will be upset). I'm looking at an undefeated Florida St. team maybe playing the winner of Missouri and Auburn for the national title. What a surprise entrant that would be...

Pretty classless for Okie St. to be throwing a 33 yard TD pass up 42-10 with 3 minutes left. All the Okie St. starters were in.

I guess that's just Mike Gundy. HE'S A MAN! HE'S 40!

Oklahoma St taking Baylor to the woodshed. Oregon got crushed, which I can't say I was sad to see. Indiana smoked by Ohio St. Glad to see fast break offense having a bad day.

And how about that Florida score. Things are really bad down there. Can Auburn shock the world next week? Can Ohio St. beat Michigan St in the B10 championship (I think they will be upset). I'm looking at an undefeated Florida St. team maybe playing the winner of Missouri and Auburn for the national title. What a surprise entrant that would be...

Goes to show you on coach selection. Everyone thought Muschamp was one of those can't miss coordinators (and I suppose the same can be said about Kevin Wilson though not as loudly) and Florida has taken a giant step backwards.

Edit: Didn't see any of the Baylor/OSU game, but Gundy is a total tool so his running up the score doesn't surprise me.

The Jameis Winston factor as it relates to BCS title game

If Jameis Winston gets charged with a felony, things will really get interesting in the BCS title chase.

We'll find out a lot about Florida State University as an institution. Will FSU automatically suspend him (per institution policy) or will they find/use a loophole?

If he is suspended, will the voters hold it against FSU and bump them down? I know I would. The Seminoles would have to be viewed much differently if Winston is not available, or might not be available, for the championship game.

Would anyone other than FSU fans (NCAA, pollsters, coaches of other teams, college football fans, in general) really want a BCS title game featuring a star player who's been charged with sexual assault (or worse)?

If Jameis Winston gets charged with a felony, things will really get interesting in the BCS title chase.

We'll find out a lot about Florida State University as an institution. Will FSU automatically suspend him (per institution policy) or will they find/use a loophole?

If he is suspended, will the voters hold it against FSU and bump them down? I know I would. The Seminoles would have to be viewed much differently if Winston is not available, or might not be available, for the championship game.

Would anyone other than FSU fans (NCAA, pollsters, coaches of other teams, college football fans, in general) really want a BCS title game featuring a star player who's been charged with sexual assault (or worse)?

I'd obviously like to see all of the facts come out, so I am not indicating one way or the other an opinion as to Winston's guilt.

As for the impact on what committees and pollsters select, I don't like player availability issues factor in. I think the decision should be entirely about wins or losses. College sports use these mechanisms because the larger number of teams and lower number of games prevent using simple standings like pro-sports do. However, I would like them to focus exclusively on how many wins/losses a team has and the strength of their schedule. I'm not a fan of considering margin of victory, injuries, or when in the season the wins happened. This is why the PWR is my favorite system for picking a tournament field. It seems unfair to the FSU fans to say "well, your team played a heck of a season, won all of their games, and did everything it can do, but since your QB is unavailable for the title game, we won't let you play in it."

What are the rooting interests for this weekend's games? (To get to best Jan 1 bowl game)

Was wondering the same. I think in this IA v NE game we want Nebraska to win.. they'll get taken over us in bowl pecking order regardless since they're a national brand and already have 8 wins. Keeping at least 1 win (maybe 2) between us and Iowa keeps a bowl from picking them over us...

Obviously OSU over Michigan, need 2 Big Ten BCS teams to help our placing.

I don't think Wisconsin vs PSU matters directly unless we need WI to be in a BCS bowl. But honestly, I don't much care since they'll be picked over us and it's likely one of MSU or them will go BCS anyway. Root for Wisc to lose (like normal).

Outside the Big Ten?... does it matter?

I'm assuming the Gophers want two BCS teams from the B10 and want to finish as far above Iowa and Michigan as possible. So Gophers, Ohio State, Nebraska, Wisconsin. Would leave the Gophers tied with Nebraska, a team they beat, for B10 #5, behind OSU, WI, & MSU. Most importantly two games clear of Iowa and Michigan, (one clear of Iowa in conference) both being teams they lost to.

I have to think Pelini is done after today's game against Iowa. Iowa really showed up this year. I've always respected the heck out of Ferentz.

SJSU and Fresno have combined for 12 first-half passing TDs. 42-41 Spartans at half, wow

Top Bottom