***OFFICIAL SOMETHING CALLED USC UPSTATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

A win is a win. USC Upstate is a little better than I thought and we had moments of really bad basketball. That said, we win by 14 despite awful shooting.

CBJ’s rotations scare the sh!t out of me, but im hoping that is just experimenting with a lot of new players.

A win is a win. USC Upstate is a little better than I thought and we had moments of really bad basketball. That said, we win by 14 despite awful shooting.

CBJ’s rotations scare the sh!t out of me, but im hoping that is just experimenting with a lot of new players.
I didn’t think they were bad, but what do I know? Happy for the win. Turned it over too much at times. Shot weakly behind arc overall. There is a LOT of good players on some of these teams. Man, I’m just happy to grab a win after the other night.

Lost decisively to South Carolina on the road. Lost to Vanderbilt on the road by 7. Beat East Carolina on the road by 2. Not that bad.
SCUP is terrible. They'll be 250+ on Kenpom by end of season. So many apologists on here. We are likely playing the lousiest teams in D1 trying to get some W's before we get smoked in conference play

SCUP is terrible. They'll be 250+ on Kenpom by end of season. So many apologists on here. We are likely playing the lousiest teams in D1 trying to get some W's before we get smoked in conference play
You think im a CBJ apologist because I didn’t think USCUP was as bad as I thought they were going to be? Lol. Okay.

That was a really bad team. There's not a lot of positives other than the 'W'. I'm actually more convinced that we might only win a couple Big Ten games this year
The B1G looks terrible though. I still think they'll win 5-6.

I didn’t think they were bad, but what do I know? Happy for the win. Turned it over too much at times. Shot weakly behind arc overall. There is a LOT of good players on some of these teams. Man, I’m just happy to grab a win after the other night.
I agree, nice to win with such a terrible 3pt shooting day. They have depth this year which should help them in the B1G. They won't run out of gas like they did last year. Cut down on turnovers, get more aggressive on defense, reduce the bad shooting days and they shouldn't be that bad.

Have to get Payne more involved, he needs to be good, sure would be nice if Carrington would hit a three, he does so many things well but not sure they can withstand his offense the way he has been playing.

Worst post 2023....maybe 2024
We just played a school that no one had ever heard of in front of ~1000 people. We were up by 5 at the final tv timeout with ~3:30 to play. Who is this for? The fans? The players? The potential recruits? I'm a former season ticket holder who struggles to even watch this product. I can imagine a potential recruit watching this shit and saying, yep that looks like a great program.

We just played a school that no one had ever heard of in front of ~1000 people. We were up by 5 at the final tv timeout with ~3:30 to play. Who is this for? The fans? The players? The potential recruits? I'm a former season ticket holder who struggles to even watch this product. I can imagine a potential recruit watching this shit and saying, yep that looks like a great program.

Gophers played better than you post.

So don't watch...simple solution

There is no motion in our offense. None. Right now it depends on how well we shoot threes. Entry passes are difficult because of the lack of movement.

We have some talent but there is no alpha dog, no guy who puts the team on his back when the chips are down. The talent is pretty level with the better athletes being young except for Hawkins who is a terrific athlete, just real small.

On defense we are so easy to drive to the hoop on.

Well, you provided your own resolution. Don't put yourself through this by watching the Gophers for the rest of the season. You'll be happier and so will many of us. A win for all!

There is no motion in our offense. None. Right now it depends on how well we shoot threes. Entry passes are difficult because of the lack of movement.

We have some talent but there is no alpha dog, no guy who puts the team on his back when the chips are down. The talent is pretty level with the better athletes being young except for Hawkins who is a terrific athlete, just real small.

On defense we are so easy to drive to the hoop on.
Does it surprise you that he never goes zone? Just a change of pace occasionally.

Just got back from the game, not always pretty but a win is a win!

It wasn't pretty but there is one notable achievement in this game: this is the first game this season where the team significantly increased their lead in the second half. Had a two-point lead at half and a 14 point lead at the end of the game.

Top Bottom