***OFFICIAL SOMETHING CALLED USC UPSTATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Ben need to run a series of plays where Garcia gets the ball in the low to mid post where he can use his back to the basket skills. Easy to do. Put him on the weakside wing and have him flash/rub into lane off a low double screen. Same with Payne. It seems as if they usually get the ball 18-22 feet from the hoop.

This will be a bit strange, but maybe someone can help answer a question I've had for years. Watching the professional football players come off the field, I often see them going to the oxygen stations to reoxygenate and recover quicker. Why don't college athletes, (basketball team)s have similar abilities? NCAA rules?

Secondly, after an early scout of APB, I am convinced MN should have a fairly comfortable win. APB lost to Mizzou in season opener 101-79, but then scored over 100 pts inefficiently against charitable opponents. When over 10% of your 2pt fgs given up are dunks, and teams are shooting 34% 3ptfgs, and 67% 2ptfgs against you its not a recipe to beat a P5 team. MN should get addn'l rotational reps, and time to take makeable shots, while hopefully defending at a high level and staying healthy.

MN fans will get a chance to see Indiana (my most despised BTN team) vs Louisville today. Glad we have Thor, and will leave at that. Can Tues. come a little quicker? Ha!

Last edited:

Better than last year so far...The puzzle still has a few missing pieces..

Still are not a good shooting team.

I would like to see a definitive offensive set when crunch time happens. I feel Mitchell should be on the floor down the stretch as he is one of our only guards that can beat his guy and create a double.

Garcia disappears at times throughout the game, needs to be engaged the whole game. I would like to see christie play off the ball a little more.

Just my thoughts...
He has been.

Payne looking tough on D. He’s working with Big Jack. All he can eat at dinner is on good authority.
Statistically, Big Jack is one of the worst college basketball players I've ever seen. I don't think he's helping Payne. There is literally nothing he does better than our other bigs.

In spite of Garcia only getting to the line once in the USC Upstate game, he’s had 32 free throws so far. Converted on 29. Last year he had a total of 98 attempts.

Statistically, Big Jack is one of the worst college basketball players I've ever seen. I don't think he's helping Payne. There is literally nothing he does better than our other bigs.
He is at least equal to a couple African big men the Gophers have had in the past 10 years.

Like them, Jack seems to have hands of stone. But, he is here to try push Eddy out of the block when we play Purdue as well as become the unofficial strength coach for the young ones.

I like having the old man on the team.

he is the hydration champ.

He is at least equal to a couple African big men the Gophers have had in the past 10 years.

Like them, Jack seems to have hands of stone. But, he is here to try push Eddy out of the block when we play Purdue as well as become the unofficial strength coach for the young ones.

I like having the old man on the team.
Not statistically. He is worse.

I would like to see those comparative statistics.
You can look up Konate. I've wasted too much time on this guy, but below is Gaston who has considerably better numbers while playing against better competition (Konate's numbers are better than Gaston's). If you took out Wilson's Idaho numbers, it's even uglier.

Gaston Diedhou
Career WS: .2
ORtg: 87.3
DRtg: 108.9
BPM: -4.1

Per 40 minutes stats:
6.0 points 5.4 rebounds .9 blocks .5 TO while shooting 41%

Jack Wilson
Career
WS: -.3
ORtg: 74.3
DRtg: 108.2
BPM: -11.2

Now keep in mind, his are drastically inflated by the majority of his minutes coming for Idaho. They are still worse than Gaston.
Career Per 40 minutes
8.8 points 6.1 rebounds .5 blocks and 3.0 TOs while shooting 38%

Now - if you only include Oregon State and Wazzou, this gets even uglier.
Per 40
1.95 points 3.5 rebounds .25 blocks, 3.0 TOs while shooting 20%

You have never seen Big Jack play and small past statistics mean a big zero on how a guy is helping in practice. Being strong on defense in the paint is not a statistic.

I find it Bidonesque hilarious that you want to make an argument out of Jack Wilson’s practice value. Almost as dumb as your argument that letting a cold QB off the bench come in and stand at his goal line a couple minutes waiting for an all-league receiver to get open is less risky than bringing the house on his head. Dumbest post in Hole history.

You have never seen Big Jack play and small past statistics mean a big zero on how a guy is helping in practice. Being strong on defense in the paint is not a statistic.

I find it Bidonesque hilarious that you want to make an argument out of Jack Wilson’s practice value. Almost as dumb as your argument that letting a cold QB off the bench come in and stand at his goal line a couple minutes waiting for an all-league receiver to get open is less risky than bringing the house on his head. Dumbest post in Hole history.
Neither one of us know anything about how much Jack helps out at practice. I am using the only evidence I have - he has been a horrible basketball player - to assume he is probably a horrible basketball player in practice.

You are taking a person who is a horrible basketball player and assuming, for absolutely no reason, they he is somehow being productive in practice. My opinion is based on the only evidence we have. Yours is a wish upon a star. I'm beginning to think you might have a little crush on Jack. I seem to remember you saying some goofy sh!t about him rattling your bones this summer.

As far as my slapping away your terrible point on the football game (which I didn't realize was still bothering you so much). You tried to make the point that it's somehow less risky to blitz. It was a terrible joke. We all laughed at you and we moved on. Just move too big fella. Maybe writing Jack's name in your trapper keeper might take your mind off things.

Neither one of us know anything about how much Jack helps out at practice. I am using the only evidence I have - he has been a horrible basketball player - to assume he is probably a horrible basketball player in practice.

You are taking a person who is a horrible basketball player and assuming, for absolutely no reason, they he is somehow being productive in practice. My opinion is based on the only evidence we have. Yours is a wish upon a star. I'm beginning to think you might have a little crush on Jack. I seem to remember you saying some goofy sh!t about him rattling your bones this summer.

As far as my slapping away your terrible point on the football game (which I didn't realize was still bothering you so much). You tried to make the point that it's somehow less risky to blitz. It was a terrible joke. We all laughed at you and we moved on. Just move too big fella. Maybe writing Jack's name in your trapper keeper might take your mind off things.
I see. You got nothin. As usual.

Top Bottom