***OFFICIAL RUTGERS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
The buzz at The Barn will be the Whalen news, fans will point to the rafters at her picture and kibitz about the job opening. But the opportunity for a 2nd win this conference season is coming to a close very soon.

Rutgers bitch slapped us last game. Let's hope we have a chip on our shoulder.

We will get good recruiting news tonight, so that's good for the program. A win would be a nice way to cap an evening.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The excitement for tonight's game is palpable. I am headed over to see the boys stay close and maybe win one! Secondary goal- continue to move up in the free throw standings.

What I am hoping to see tonight:

1. Better free throw shooting, at least 70%
2. Better ball movement on offense. Pass first, only dribble for a better passing angle or to take the ball to the hoop. Make some cuts to the basket and look for the back door pass once in awhile. Move the ball quickly, make the defense work. Take good open shots when you have them, don’t dribble into trouble.;
3. Cut out the needless turnovers or as some refer to it as empty possessions. Take care of the ball.
4. Get some rebounds, block somebody out, don’t just turn around and watch the ball after a shot is taken. Block out on free throw attempt, no excuse for not doing that.

If we can do better at these things we have a chance to win. If not, if we haven’t learned from our past poor play it will be another 20+ point loss.

Interesting to watch Payne warm up shooting free throws. He shot 6 or 7 in a row one handed without the guide hand and swished every one. Must be a drill they have him working on…no Carrington out there.

Interesting to watch Payne warm up shooting free throws. He shot 6 or 7 in a row one handed without the guide hand and swished every one. Must be a drill they have him working on…no Carrington out there.
I think they should shut him down at this point- no sense bim making his foot/ankle worse

What is the deal with runtgers' tights? One guy has them up to his knees, one guy has one leg down one up, another guy has them all down.

Look at all those people who could be watching paint dry.

The shittiest attendance of the year, and this will be the one win at home.

Shit. Great defense down low but just couldn't finish the possession.

Payne needs to look for Battle going towards the net and stop trying to take the shot. Easy two points missed.

The Gophers are not playing badly so far. Rutgers is just quicker, stronger, and shoots the ball much better.

House of Payne

I know that was corny

How is that not a goaltend?

Top Bottom