***OFFICIAL PURDUE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

That's a good attitude to have about your team.

People like that are toxic.
Okay to be with on a message board but don't let them affect your mood.
Deep inside there is something these people hate about themselves, and someday they need to face that to overcome it. Some don't. They can live in their negativity their whole life, but it will not be as fullfilling which is the curse they bring upon themselves.

With all the players we had out, I guess this was a nice win, but I’m seriously worried about the play calling from either the OC, Fleck or both in the 4th quarter of games.

Gophs still calling plays late in the game like last year when they a dominant O-Line, great possession receiver in TJ (running the clock out) and good defense. They need to approach this year like a Big12 team where no lead is safe.

I wonder how different this game looks if we didn't have 20 players out.

Glad we get an extra day to prepare for wisconsin.

I disagree almost 100%.

His teams are well coached.
Seldom have penalties.
Don't turnover the ball.

Defense is a mess, yes, but there are some signs of optimism.
#1 player was out the fourth quarter.

We have Calvin Swenson playing defense on Rondale Moore and win.
That takes something.
Is Swenson even on scholarship?
Your points are all valid....through 3 quarters. Then we go into a shell and try not to win. If they play the 4th quarter like the first 3, this doesn’t have to go down to the wire. But PJ refuses to learn from his mistakes and keeps doing this. It is utterly infuriating. I’m a huge Fleck fan, but this has cost us numerous games.

I disagree almost 100%.

His teams are well coached.
Seldom have penalties.
Don't turnover the ball.

Defense is a mess, yes, but there are some signs of optimism.
#1 player was out the fourth quarter.

We have Calvin Swenson playing defense on Rondale Moore and win.
That takes something.
Is Swenson even on scholarship?
So u enjoyed the offensive play-calling meltdown once again in the 4th quarter?

Having endured the Purdue v Minnesota Metrodome era loses, I'll take this win anytime. It's good for the Boilers to be cursed in the Bank.
It almost makes up for the field goal kicked with no time outs after a 60 yard throw and 1 second on the clock in like 1998.

What about how the Offense went into run run 3rd and long... and slowly let Purdue get back in it. That's how we lost to Maryland. That's how we lost to Iowa. The first three quarters, our offense was great, balanced play calling. Then we resort to run run run.

I'm not a big fan of some of the play calling, but to me that's a small part of coaching.
Does the team execute it's offense well.
Do they get penalized.
Do you develop talent.
Do you recruit talent.
Do you get your kids motivated to play every play, every down.

I think PJ is excellent at several of these categories. How he calls a time out or a given play call I'll disagree with but that's a tiny fraction of a game.

Consider tonight, you take everything that went wrong, and PJ still wins the game. If he makes the right decision, we win by 10, or maybe still by 3 or 4.

As fans we over-estimate the value put in that, but if you have the Joes, you'll overcome a lot of that.
If you don't turn over the ball, you'll win a lot more games.
If your kids aren't making stupid penalties, that puts more pressure on the other team.

He's excellent on discipline, good recruiter, excellent motivator.

I have yet to see a game since he started where you would say the kids aren't putting out the effort.

What about how the Offense went into run run 3rd and long... and slowly let Purdue get back in it. That's how we lost to Maryland. That's how we lost to Iowa. The first three quarters, our offense was great, balanced play calling. Then we resort to run run run.

Our offense was great for the first three quarters against Iowa? I’d hate to see them look bad

Still a path to bowl eligilibility, which would be nice after our slow start.

I
Having endured the Purdue v Minnesota Metrodome era loses, I'll take this win anytime. It's good for the Boilers to be cursed in the Bank.

I will never forget an infamous ending against Purdue in those days. It was overtime and a Purdue receiver caught the ball out of the back of the endzone. The weird markings confused the ref. There was no doubt he was out of bounds but no replay back then. As I walked out of the Dome stomping mad that stupid Purdue train was blaring its horn. Join the club, Purdue. We've all been there.

I'm not a big fan of some of the play calling, but to me that's a small part of coaching.
Does the team execute it's offense well.
Do they get penalized.
Do you develop talent.
Do you recruit talent.
Do you get your kids motivated to play every play, every down.

I think PJ is excellent at several of these categories. How he calls a time out or a given play call I'll disagree with but that's a tiny fraction of a game.

Consider tonight, you take everything that went wrong, and PJ still wins the game. If he makes the right decision, we win by 10, or maybe still by 3 or 4.

As fans we over-estimate the value put in that, but if you have the Joes, you'll overcome a lot of that.
If you don't turn over the ball, you'll win a lot more games.
If your kids aren't making stupid penalties, that puts more pressure on the other team.

He's excellent on discipline, good recruiter, excellent motivator.

I have yet to see a game since he started where you would say the kids aren't putting out the effort.

Frame this post. I couldn’t agree more. This is 100% it. Thank you.

Not sure if Cal Swenson was in for Nubin or Howden, but he played well ... but for the PI. He is usually in the right place and is a pretty sure tackler.
And the PI he had saved a TD so that was a smart play.

Your points are all valid....through 3 quarters. Then we go into a shell and try not to win. If they play the 4th quarter like the first 3, this doesn’t have to go down to the wire. But PJ refuses to learn from his mistakes and keeps doing this. It is utterly infuriating. I’m a huge Fleck fan, but this has cost us numerous games.

He does seem stubborn on this, but despite the weird ending, he still got the W tonight.
So his horrible strategy still technically worked. Even though we wish they would have actually tried scoring one of those last two drives knowing Ibrahim was out.

With Mo injured and Potts out, it is Wiley and Williams. Not good going into a tough game.

And the PI he had saved a TD so that was a smart play.
When you're learning you're going to make mistakes and ... if you think you're beat and the best player is passing you.... fuck yeah you take the penalty.

Still a path to bowl eligilibility, which would be nice after our slow start.
Every team in FBS is bowl eligible this year.

so we are already there.

Really we have to finish high enough in the big ten bowl contract order

I will never forget an infamous ending against Purdue in those days. It was overtime and a Purdue receiver caught the ball out of the back of the endzone. The weird markings confused the ref. There was no doubt he was out of bounds but no replay back then. As I walked out of the Dome stomping mad that stupid Purdue train was blaring its horn. Join the club, Purdue. We've all been there.
Remember that. They were looking at that the next day before the Viking game. Was a screwed up end zone.

Our offense was great for the first three quarters against Iowa? I’d hate to see them look bad

I know you're acting stupid just to try to argue, but I'll bite this once... When did I say our offense was great against Iowa? I was saying we were doing the predictable run run 3rd and long play calling. Wake up man.

People like that are toxic.
Okay to be with on a message board but don't let them affect your mood.
Deep inside there is something these people hate about themselves, and someday they need to face that to overcome it. Some don't. They can live in their negativity their whole life, but it will not be as fullfilling which is the curse they bring upon themselves.

whoa buddy

Every team in FBS is bowl eligible this year.

so we are already there.

Really we have to finish high enough in the big ten bowl contract order
So enough bowl games for every team in Division I that is playing?

Not sure if Cal Swenson was in for Nubin or Howden, but he played well ... but for the PI. He is usually in the right place and is a pretty sure tackler.

That PI was actually smart... He knew that Nubin was late coming over and if he didn't wrap up the receiver it was an easy TD. Smart play by Swenson

Top Bottom