***OFFICIAL OHIO STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I don’t think Battle was 100% tonight. He was sick this week as I understood it. Didn’t get to see much but we got out muscled in the second half.

I don’t think Battle was 100% tonight. He was sick this week as I understood it. Didn’t get to see much but we got out muscled in the second half.
Which is why I didn’t understand him playing all 40 minutes. He definitely didn’t look 100%.

Yeah he was dragging, but he’ll bounce back!

OSU played exactly the type of game they should with that inside advantage. They are a good looking team. Our Gophers took pretty good care of the ball, shot okay, and defended the first shot maybe well enough, but it was man sized muscles vs an undersized lineup.

OSU played exactly the type of game they should with that inside advantage. They are a good looking team. Our Gophers took pretty good care of the ball, shot okay, and defended the first shot maybe well enough, but it was man sized muscles vs an undersized lineup.
U got their a$$ handed to them on the defensive board. Zone defense didn't help but give credit to Ohio being the more aggressive team.

Which is why I didn’t understand him playing all 40 minutes. He definitely didn’t look 100%.
And taking 18 terrible shots. He was an absolute black hole tonight.

That said, the ridiculous terrible effort on the boards finally caught up to us. How absolutely frustrating to watch. When a team takes 11 more shots than you, you’re going to lose.

That said, the ridiculous terrible effort on the boards finally caught up to us.

Yeah, we certainly looked like a team that is ranked 346 out of 358 on total rebounds and 9 of those 12 teams below us have played fewer games.

And taking 18 terrible shots. He was an absolute black hole tonight.

That said, the ridiculous terrible effort on the boards finally caught up to us. How absolutely frustrating to watch. When a team takes 11 more shots than you, you’re going to lose.
Ben counted on Battle getting on a hot streak.

Well our undersized, which we really mean under muscle and underweight team, has to play a physical team without our stoutest player. Not overly surprised we would get hurt inside and on the boards. We really haven't had a physical team in many years. Battle is a bit undersized at the 4 so next year it would be nice to have an athletic 6-6 210+ type player at the 3, and not a small 3rd guard. Thompson will still be thin at the 5, Payne although he has some muscle, will be undersized at the 5, where I imagine he will get his minutes.

EJ as well
They were both dragging. But that doesn't explain Battle throwing up 30-foot prayers while falling sideways. He's a good shooter and should have the green light if and when he works for a good shot and squares up.

He is also money when he takes it inside. Trade five of those hopeless threes for 8 or 10 more Battle points inside and it's a different game.

They were both dragging. But that doesn't explain Battle throwing up 30-foot prayers while falling sideways. He's a good shooter and should have the green light if and when he works for a good shot and squares up.

He is also money when he takes it inside. Trade five of those hopeless threes for 8 or 10 more Battle points inside and it's a different game.
Still waiting for BJ to run some post up plays for Battle. Might be a long wait.

U got their a$$ handed to them on the defensive board. Zone defense didn't help but give credit to Ohio being the more aggressive team.
I agree, but we have to rebound better than what we did. They were bigger and were more aggressive, but if you put a body on someone and box them out the height disadvantage wouldnt kill us so much. We got beat on a ton of balls we should have gotten. That's just not putting a body on someone and like you said not being aggressive enough.

This is a your take on the game game tonight? You’re not fond of the tattoos that some of our players have, and we need to have spent more time lifting weights. Ok, that’s some great insight. Thanks.
What else is there to say? We get our axxx handed to us on the defensive boards, allowing for enough second chance points for them to win. As is evident we aren’t /weren’t strong enough to rebound so we obviously need to spend more time in the weight room. Or find a coach who teaches rebounding skills.

What else is there to say? We get our axxx handed to us on the defensive boards, allowing for enough second chance points for them to win. As is evident we aren’t /weren’t strong enough to rebound so we obviously need to spend more time in the weight room. Or find a coach who teaches rebounding skills.
Just like teaching 200 pound guys to play defensive tackle.

Not sure if you're being facetious, but a lot more effort goes into rebounding than skill. And when you're undersized and you and your opponent both give max effort, you'll often find yourself on the short end of the stick. Not saying we gave max effort every time but sometimes there are weaknesses that are hard to mask.

Top Bottom