***OFFICIAL OHIO STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-BATTLE THREAD!!!***

They are going to need to get at least 1 W on the 3 road games vs Quad 1 opponents. Nebraska, Illinois, and NW. And win both remaining at home. If you can take Purdue on the road to the ropes, we can get a W on the road yet. Lets go!

They are going to need to get at least 1 W on the 3 road games vs Quad 1 opponents. Nebraska, Illinois, and NW. And win both remaining at home. If you can take Purdue on the road to the ropes, we can get a W on the road yet. Lets go!
Momentum gives us a huge chance at Illinois. We match up. It will be a good game. We need to come back after a tough road loss @ Iowa. I am guessing our team comes in with a passion on this one.

I was wondering why Ola Joseph was not getting minutes. I finally figured it out, Parker Fox. He gives this team energy, effort, defense, shot blocking, and rebounding. Any scoring by Parker is a bonus. We have enough scorers on this team. It is a nice 3 player rotation with Garcia and Payne on the inside. A complete game and win against the Buckeyes.

Momentum gives us a huge chance at Illinois. We match up. It will be a good game. We need to come back after a tough road loss @ Iowa. I am guessing our team comes in with a passion on this one.
@ Nebraska first ....very tough test. But they need it since the loss at Iowa. Loss at Iowa and loss too Missouri at home really sting now....but maybe it is better for this team to try to play in instead of holding on to the last four in

@ Nebraska first ....very tough test. But they need it since the loss at Iowa. Loss at Iowa and too Missouri at home really sting now....but maybe it is better for this team to try to play instead instead of holding on to the last four in
@ Nebraska first ....very tough test. But they need it since the loss at Iowa. Loss at Iowa and loss too Missouri at home really sting now....but maybe it is better for this team to try to play in instead of holding on to the last four in
You are right. One game at a time. I truly love this team. I need to chill out. But man did you see them play?!

Before the season, I said that this team could and should go 17-14 in the regular season. They just clinched the win total and they have 5 games left!

Great season so far. Thanks guys!
I said 21. Thought we were a lock for 20. Be a tough task now.

Happy for Coach Ben and this team. They are coming together and have been getting better and better as the season goes on… not something I’m use to seeing out of my gophers over the past 20 years. I was incredulous when we first hired Ben, but I liked the scrappiness his first year team showed and was excited for year two. After that second season I was convinced we screwed ourselves with the hire. Now I’m onboard and think he belongs here. I think he has done an exceptional job this year. I really thought our ceiling was going to be 5-6 conf wins max. He’s got us playing much better offensively and defensively, his teams always show heart and I never question the effort. Finally having fun watching gophers hoops again

This is turning out to be a special group, they are playing for each other and learning to win. Payne and Garcia feeding off each other, Hawk dishing assists, NBA talent in Christy, steady sg in Mitchell, great energy and minutes from bench in the high flying Fox and Carringtons defense! Also, hats off to the Barnyard bringing the ruckus! Let’s go!

Last edited:

I was wondering why Ola Joseph was not getting minutes. I finally figured it out, Parker Fox. He gives this team energy, effort, defense, shot blocking, and rebounding. Any scoring by Parker is a bonus. We have enough scorers on this team. It is a nice 3 player rotation with Garcia and Payne on the inside. A complete game and win against the Buckeyes.
Just back from the game, what a blast!....but yeah we were talking during the game about JOJ not getting in there but frankly Fox and Carrington were giving the team so much off the bench there just wasn't a need for him, especially the way he has been struggling of late.

Once again Parker Fox is the unsung hero of the game with his energy and play. Heck he even hit some free throws and drove to the basket a few times.

Carrington gave the team some huge minutes on D again and even though he seems a little afraid to take the open 3 right now he did a lot of really good things out there again and the drive to the basket with the and 1 was a great play by him.

Some scary moments but overall a complete effort from start to finish that never really felt in doubt even when Ohio State managed to claw back in a little bit.

On a side note though....wtf.....Battle hit some insane shots, where was that shooting last year? But he also proved why he would be a horrible fit on this current team because he is worthless on defense, so much so they had him on Fox a lot and were subbing him out on Defense late in the game.

Hawkins brings soooo much. What a difference a good PG makes all around. Oh, he had 24 points and 7 assists.
He looks fast on TV but seeing him live, holy crap. It is like he is moving in fast forward while everyone else is going at regular speed. Can't wait to look at the tape of the broadcast to see that behind the back move he made to kill some time. That was some Globetrotters level stuff right there.

This team passes the eye test as an NCAA tournament team to me but two horrendous losses and a disgraceful non conference schedule is ultimately going to do them in imo.
Nothing disgraceful about it. In November you had a roster of guys who barely knew each other's names and had never played a college game together as a team. It would have been exceptionally stupid to schedule a Michigan State level non conference slate.

Happy for Coach Ben and this team. They are coming together and have been getting better and better as the season goes on… not something I’m use to seeing out of my gophers over the past 20 years. I was incredulous when we first hired Ben, but I liked the scrappiness his first year team showed and was excited for year two. After that second season I was convinced we screwed ourselves with the hire. Now I’m onboard and think he belongs here. I think he has done an exceptional job this year. I really thought our ceiling was going to be 5-6 conf wins max. He’s got us playing much better offensively and defensively, his teams always show heart and I never question the effort. Finally having fun watching gophers hoops again
Yeah, he belongs here. He's currently a contender for BIG COY.

Just back from the game, what a blast!....but yeah we were talking during the game about JOJ not getting in there but frankly Fox and Carrington were giving the team so much off the bench there just wasn't a need for him, especially the way he has been struggling of late.

Once again Parker Fox is the unsung hero of the game with his energy and play. Heck he even hit some free throws and drove to the basket a few times.

Carrington gave the team some huge minutes on D again and even though he seems a little afraid to take the open 3 right now he did a lot of really good things out there again and the drive to the basket with the and 1 was a great play by him.

Some scary moments but overall a complete effort from start to finish that never really felt in doubt even when Ohio State managed to claw back in a little bit.

On a side note though....wtf.....Battle hit some insane shots, where was that shooting last year? But he also proved why he would be a horrible fit on this current team because he is worthless on defense, so much so they had him on Fox a lot and were subbing him out on Defense late in the game.
It was a fun time. Still wish more people would get off their butt and get to the game. It's loud with the crowd the way it was. I would love to get it back to what it was in the Clem heyday.

This team passes the eye test as an NCAA tournament team to me but two horrendous losses and a disgraceful non conference schedule is ultimately going to do them in imo.
So more bitching & moaning about the non-conference losses.

While also more bitching & moaning about the schedule being too easy.

Well I guess it's an improvement over all the bitching & moaning for Ben to be fired.

There is truth to this. Although the selection committee will give a nod to a team strong at the end if the season, some say

Well, isn't there a Big Ten tournament in town?

Stayed out of foul trouble and only played 7 guys. Did anyone ask about short bench in post game?

There is truth to this. Although the selection committee will give a nod to a team strong at the end if the season, some say

Well, isn't there a Big Ten tournament in town?
Sweep Northwestern would possibly put us in a conversation to be more worthy. 11-9 and two tournament wins might get it done.

Top Bottom