***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA SENIOR GAME IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Did Oturu get a nice ovation when he checked out? If not Pitino should get him back in just in case this is it.
That was very interesting to me that he did not go in...

Everyone got to play, most everyone scored, over 100 points scored, and recruits saw this.

That's a dam fine way to end the season at home.

Everyone got to play, most everyone scored, over 100 points scored, and recruits saw this.

That's a dam fine way to end the season at home.
18 recruits

That was very interesting to me that he did not go in...
Why? I doubt that Pitino and Oturu have had a deep conversation about the NBA yet. Oturu is a sophomore. Today was for seniors. Oturu wants to be acknowledged...play here through your senior season. Otherwise, no need for him to upstage the seniors.

Why? I doubt that Pitino and Oturu have had a deep conversation about the NBA yet. Oturu is a sophomore. Today was for seniors. Oturu wants to be acknowledged...play here through your senior season. Otherwise, no need for him to upstage the seniors.
I would be willing to bet that Pitino knows what he is going to do, unlike in the Coffey situation. I would think that if he was certain Oturu is gone he would have given him some time in the last ten minutes and taken him out at the 5 minute mark to take a bow. I'm not saying he is coming back, but it is something that I found interesting..

Is this the first time Alihan was interviewed after the game?

He actually speaks English more fluidly than Hurt.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

So we make 18 3's today. Hope they saved a couple for the Big tourney.

No team in the B1G tourney will play as porous defense as Nebraska played today.

Unfortunately I think that is the issue, made Demir look like an All Big Ten talent.

Plus the Barn is a shooters gym. Hope we can shoot half that good in Indy.

Yesterday was a glorified scrimmage, with less intensity than a game you'd find at the local YMCA. I take nothing from that game other than I hope Gabe carries that over to this week, when his shots will be contested.

Yesterday was a glorified scrimmage, with less intensity than a game you'd find at the local YMCA. I take nothing from that game other than I hope Gabe carries that over to this week, when his shots will be contested.

To be fair, Gabe has missed plenty of uncontested shots this year. It isn't like this was the first and only game he got wide open looks standing at the 3 point line.

To be fair, Gabe has missed plenty of uncontested shots this year. It isn't like this was the first and only game he got wide open looks standing at the 3 point line.
You could just see the light go on yesterday. He started out with a miss or two, then he got a make and he just kept shooting, most of them open shots, but a few of them were longer and contested and he was just doing a heat check on himself thinking he could make everything now... and he did. On one, Pitino just turned around to the bench and laughed because Gabe had gotten so hot, I think he was on 6 or 7 in a row.

You could just see the light go on yesterday. He started out with a miss or two, then he got a make and he just kept shooting, most of them open shots, but a few of them were longer and contested and he was just doing a heat check on himself thinking he could make everything now... and he did. On one, Pitino just turned around to the bench and laughed because Gabe had gotten so hot, I think he was on 6 or 7 in a row.
Wondering why he couldn't have hit one or two against Maryland or Iowa . . .

Top Bottom