***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Burner, love the self-deprecating attitude!

I'll give you two loses. Illinois and @Maryland. Put those two in the bank! We don't match up well with either of those teams.

Speaking of which, look for a Gopher home loss on Thursday as we don't match up well with Purdue either! Another 3pt chuck fest with the Gophers throwing basketballs at the basket like drunken rednecks heaving mullets on a Florida beach is a sure fire recipe for a home cooked beat down.

So there are 3 loses.

Convince me otherwise.

I'll give you two loses. Illinois and @Maryland. Put those two in the bank! We don't match up well with either of those teams.

Speaking of which, look for a Gopher home loss on Thursday as we don't match up well with Purdue either! Another 3pt chuck fest with the Gophers throwing basketballs at the basket like drunken rednecks heaving mullets on a Florida beach is a sure fire recipe for a home cooked beat down.

So there are 3 loses.

Convince me otherwise.

Cool thing is the games aren’t determined on internet message boards so no one needs to convince you. Wasting two hours multiple times will you convince you!

Cool thing is the games aren’t determined on internet message boards so no one needs to convince you. Wasting two hours multiple times will you convince you!
They play like they did last night and the games I mentioned may as well be played on this message board.

So there are 3 loses.

Convince me otherwise.
Writer gonna come here and get up in yo face bout yo agenda!!!!!!!

Agree on Maryland. I think we beat Purdue.

Writer Superiority said 5-2 and would not answer who the losses are to. He ran away.

You seem to be confusing giddiness with relief. Just because we aren't all jumping overboard doesn't mean that we don't have concerns. The team has been underachieving as of recently. They also have one of the best groups of wins of any team in the country. There's a middle ground between "everything sucks" and unwavering confidence.

Pretty well said. The bb season goes way too fast in my book so i dont see what is wrong with staying positive, cheering the team, and making big decisions after the season. Am sure i am not missed, but i wont even come on gh after a loss for awhile because of the over the top negativity. Enough in life to be negative about these days. Saw it in spades even after the first conf game of the season. Anyway, others see it differently so that is fine as well.

Big talk from Mr Superiority and then he wont tell us the predictions on the two losses!!!! Run away lil feller.

I call a spade a spade. You dont like that, and I dont care.

Poo See.

Sorry bud, I have a job and was in meetings. I'll call the two losses as Illinois and @Maryland if I had to guess

Big talk from Mr Superiority and then he wont tell us the predictions on the two losses!!!! Run away lil feller.

I call a spade a spade. You dont like that, and I dont care.

Poo See.

You literally just throw sh*t against the wall and see what sticks. The Gophers just had one of their best recruiting classes ever in football and you were in there trying to stir sh*t up. So what spade exactly were you calling when all the STATS back up that this was a historically good class for the football program?

So there are 3 loses.

Convince me otherwise.

I agree on the losses other than Purdue. The odd thing about this recent stretch is that it seems to have given some of our fans serious selective amnesia. Yes, we got run off the court in the 2nd half at Purdue. However, the same thing happened at Michigan, but then when we played them at home, we had a solid game plan and the players were up to the challenge. Apparently because we have gone through a recent rough stretch, many on here have decided that neither our players nor our coaches can replicate the same thing against any other teams left on our schedule.

You literally just throw sh*t against the wall and see what sticks. The Gophers just had one of their best recruiting classes ever in football and you were in there trying to stir sh*t up. So what spade exactly were you calling when all the STATS back up that this was a historically good class for the football program?
Missed on the top MN kids, and I said exactly that. Now WHO is stirring up shit? YOU.

Pretty well said. The bb season goes way too fast in my book so i dont see what is wrong with staying positive, cheering the team, and making big decisions after the season. Am sure i am not missed, but i wont even come on gh after a loss for awhile because of the over the top negativity. Enough in life to be negative about these days. Saw it in spades even after the first conf game of the season. Anyway, others see it differently so that is fine as well.
Staying positive is great. So is identifying MN BB team traits and problems that are and have been consistent and repeated - for nearly 8 full seasons. Reality is fine.

Staying positive is great. So is identifying MN BB team traits and problems that are and have been consistent and repeated - for nearly 8 full seasons. Reality is fine.

I will take 3 out of 5 seasons in the dance. Wouldve been 4 out of 5 if not for the injuries and lynch suspension in 2017-18.

By the way, and this cannot be stated strongly enough——Nebraska is really fucking bad.

I will take 3 out of 5 seasons in the dance. Wouldve been 4 out of 5 if not for the injuries and lynch suspension in 2017-18.
And if they dont make it this year?

Seriously. Too many people think that anything other than total doom and gloom is "accepting mediocrity". Wrong. I am happy to know that while the Gophers aren't going to win the National Championship....they CAN beat top teams.

WE'VE GOT WINS AGAINST THE #3 AND #4 TEAM IN THE NATION RIGHT NOW! How quickly people forget.

And if they dont make it this year?

Decision would need to be made, especially since our recruiting doesnt look exceptional going into next season at this point.

I hear people say that every now and then and I always consider it nonsense. ADs aren't like General Managers of pro teams. They're business managers. I'm sure the last thing most ADs want to do is fire a coach. I believe there is a good chance that Coyle will fire Pitino after this season if we don't have a good finish (probably NCAA tournament anyway) but that won't be because he "wants his guy." If he really "wanted his guy" he would have fired Pitino already.
I just think ADs have big egos. They want their own guy. I don't think it was THAT clear Pitino needed to be gone until last year. Suppose I gotta give Coyle credit for letting it play out.

Do you ignore that conference record of Pitino !

Mashburn was very good, best game of season for him. Johnson played one of his better games. Carr played very well. Tre and Curry contributed. Even during the 1 for 20 stretch when we were without liam and carr we got good shots. The worst shot was the one that went in by tre. We won by 17 despite robbins and carr playing only 33 minutes total. Yet would think from reading gh that we were so horrible should probly not even accept the win. I have seen a lot the last two games that is good, hopefully can continue to see progress the back nine.

Last edited:

Mashburn was very good, best game of season for him. Johnson played one of his better games. Carr played very well. Tre and Curry contributed. Even during the 1 for 20 stretch when we were without liam and carr we got good shots. The worst shot was the one that went in by tre. We won by 17 despite robbins and carr playing only 33 minutes total. Yet would think from reading gh that we were so horrible should probly not even accept the win. I have seen a lot the last two games that is good, hopefully can continue to see progress the next nine.

Mashburn recorded 0 assist while playing 29 minutes. He shot 31.25% including 1-6 on 3s. Did I miss where he was very good? I'm being sincere. He hit a couple nice jumpers but it wasn't like he was really very effective.

Mashburn recorded 0 assist while playing 29 minutes. He shot 31.25% including 1-6 on 3s. Did I miss where he was very good? I'm being sincere. He hit a couple nice jumpers but it wasn't like he was really very effective.

Career high in minutes and points. Hard to get assists when teammates are missing wide open shots during that stretch. Thought he did a good job playing with confidence and running the team. Maybe i am forgetting a game in which he played better, but thought he played well yesterday.

Last edited:

Career high in minutes and points. Hard to get assists when teammates are missing wide open shots during that stretch. Thought he did a good job playing with confidence and running the team. Maybe i am forgetting a game in which he played better, but thought he played well yesterday.
Carr managed 8 in 19 minutes with the same guys.

But yeah, maybe it was his best game. But he wasn’t very good. He was solid though.

Top Bottom