***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS PENN STATE BTT 1ST ROUND IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I'm trying to not let this big me but I can't. First off, respect to the 5 guys playing, they laid it out there tonight. However, essentially 0 subs in am entire game is embarrassing and shocking. During the game we were compared to a high school team and IUPUI who is the single worst team in D1 and a few weeks ago had tryouts for students. That is unacceptable. Spare me the injury talk. I'm not saying the bench should have played 20 min each, but come on. When you literally can't play anyone the coach 100% needs to take some responsibility. And the bench players, wow, I don't even know what to say about them. If a guy like TT doesn't stand up and say DAMN IT COACH GIVE ME A SHOT then I'm not sure I would have interest in keeping him. And if any of them begged to go in and Ben didn't trust them for even 1 minute then our program is in utter chaos. Again, respect the 5 guys, but I'm disgusted with this game. If you think Ben should face 0 criticism from this specific game, im not sure what to tell you.

5 more makes in 5 less attempts... that is not a recipe for a win. PSU had a little extra juice in the 2nd half. Our tanks were dry. I am still shocked at the no bench decision this game. Even a 30 second rest for Battle, Willis, and Curry might have helped.
I'm not shocked at all. Kind of surprised he went to Stephens for 33 seconds or whatever it was.

Nor did cbj develop any from the beginning.
BARNEY1111 Call the cops. We got beat because they had 18 bench points and we only had none. WTF> You said Kern was good for 20 every night. What the hell happened here?

I'm trying to not let this big me but I can't. First off, respect to the 5 guys playing, they laid it out there tonight. However, essentially 0 subs in am entire game is embarrassing and shocking. During the game we were compared to a high school team and IUPUI who is the single worst team in D1 and a few weeks ago had tryouts for students. That is unacceptable. Spare me the injury talk. I'm not saying the bench should have played 20 min each, but come on. When you literally can't play anyone the coach 100% needs to take some responsibility. And the bench players, wow, I don't even know what to say about them. If a guy like TT doesn't stand up and say DAMN IT COACH GIVE ME A SHOT then I'm not sure I would have interest in keeping him. And if any of them begged to go in and Ben didn't trust them for even 1 minute then our program is in utter chaos. Again, respect the 5 guys, but I'm disgusted with this game. If you think Ben should face 0 criticism from this specific game, im not sure what to tell you.
Agreed. I'm not interested in going around on this again, but will be very surprised if at least one of Thiam/TT don't transfer and now I'd put $ on both. Potentially 6 scholarships to fill on the portal. Not ideal.

Agreed. I'm not interested in going around on this again, but will be very surprised if at least one of Thiam/TT don't transfer and now I'd put $ on both.

Thiam is more likely than not I would say. Thompson? Maybe 50/50.

Maybe he's trying to run them off? Who knows?
Why? We have more scholarships than we can use. Literally, we didn't even use one of the 13 this year. We already have 4 open for next year. He recruited Thiam. And he could have politely told TT to move on last Summer one would think.

The Gophers beat the 6 seed in this tournament with Thompson playing the entire game, and Daniels nearly playing the entire game. There is zero excuse that they couldn’t have played 5-10 minutes in this game.
I agree. Nobody should go 40, but Eric Curry should never go 40.

Very inexperienced move to see what Ben did tonight. Zero faith in his bench. Should've seen Thompson, Daniels, Thiam and that other White kid wing for at least small increments in the game.

Agreed. I'm not interested in going around on this again, but will be very surprised if at least one of Thiam/TT don't transfer and now I'd put $ on both. Potentially 6 scholarships to fill on the portal. Not ideal.
I hope Thiam is transferring. If Johnson can't recruit better than that, we've got no hope anyway.

Losing Thompson would be a blow, and a really bad outcome for Johnson. He's going to end up good. I don't understand Johnsons lack of playing him. Poor decision.

I really need to hear what Johnson was thinking with the Iron 5.05
Saw some players on the bench mapping out where they're going to play next year. Got a feeling BJ will be looking for some more players to replace those that transfering out.

As one of the Big Ten Network guys just said: "Just wearing down a team. That's all they did."

How many times have we seen that? Better do some things differently next year, Ben. Pitino was a slow learner. Hopefully you are a quicker one.

Saw some players on the bench mapping out where they're going to play next year. Got a feeling BJ will be looking for some more players to replace those that transfering out
Most of them are seniors so not sure where they’re going to be playing next year.

As a Gopher fan, I'm not out on Ben. I've got faith.

If I were a fan of any other team in the Big 10, I wouldn't be too worried about the Gophers going forward though.

Top Bottom