***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS PENN STATE BTT 1ST ROUND IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
It’s hard to believe how fast this season has gone. As frustrating as it’s been at times, this has been an enjoyable season and I don’t want it to end. I want the seniors to fight to live another day. For some of these guys, the next loss will be the last time they put a uniform on. For others, they’ll find some random team in some random country willing to pay them a few Euros or Shekels, but the experience will never be the same.

We’ll quickly move on to a crucial offseason of recruiting and cheering against wisconsin in the BTT and NCAA Tournament.

But let’s live to fight another day. Another day or Gopher basketball, another day to keep the dream alive.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter how good or bad the season goes, when we reach the end, it hits me that this could be the last time we ever watch these players in a gopher uniform. Excited to watch these guys, win or lose, and appreciate their commitment to the U this year and the heart they’ve shown all year, in what could have easily been a disaster, but instead has some hints of hope in it.

On that note, how about we make a run and shock some people?

No matter how good or bad the season goes, when we reach the end, it hits me that this could be the last time we ever watch these players in a gopher uniform. Excited to watch these guys, win or lose, and appreciate their commitment to the U this year and the heart they’ve shown all year, in what could have easily been a disaster, but instead has some hints of hope in it.

On that note, how about we make a run and shock some people?
I liked the quote EJ had, "we want to be remembered as the team that got Ben Johnson started". I believe it was EJ, either way you can tell these guys really respect Ben. Luke always plays hard, Curry decided to put on a jersey for Ben again, Gabe had to second guess himself going to isu. I like the culture we are building. Go Gophers

I liked the quote EJ had, "we want to be remembered as the team that got Ben Johnson started". I believe it was EJ, either way you can tell these guys really respect Ben. Luke always plays hard, Curry decided to put on a jersey for Ben again, Gabe had to second guess himself going to isu. I like the culture we are building. Go Gophers
I do love these guys. E.J. seems like a heck of a dude. I'll be proud to count them all as fellow alumni.

I want to watch them play more games, but I'm also ready to flip the page. Pre-season euphoria hit reality when they got into conference play although each BIG win was fun and there were several morale victories. Reality is we don't have enough talent, especially some big bodies. Still, from I've seen, I'm hopeful and anxious to see what Ben can put together for next year. This year was damn near a total rebuild; next year he at least has some pieces with which to start. I think the coaching showed promise and he sure as hell is going to put in the work. My biggest fear was that we would get absolutely blitzed in games and then who would want to come here to play. I think he showed enough so that's not a concern anymore.

I am a Gopher fan.

Do I wish they would win more games? Hell, Yes.

But I do not condition my support based on the team's winning percentage.

I support them when they have good seasons, and I support them when they do not have good seasons.

Now, to be clear, I retain the right to question or criticize things that I do not like, including coaching decisions. there is a difference between supporting the team and being happy with the outcome.

But ultimately, my loyalty is to the name on the front of the jersey. the names on the back of the jerseys change, but the name on the front of the jersey does not change.

I hope the Gophers win tonight.

If they don't, I will be disappointed.

and next season, I will be back to support that team.

Typical Gopher fan perpetually disappointed but always looking forward to the next season..I hear you and I'm with you.

I am a Gopher fan.

Do I wish they would win more games? Hell, Yes.

But I do not condition my support based on the team's winning percentage.

I support them when they have good seasons, and I support them when they do not have good seasons.

Now, to be clear, I retain the right to question or criticize things that I do not like, including coaching decisions. there is a difference between supporting the team and being happy with the outcome.

But ultimately, my loyalty is to the name on the front of the jersey. the names on the back of the jerseys change, but the name on the front of the jersey does not change.

I hope the Gophers win tonight.

If they don't, I will be disappointed.

and next season, I will be back to support that team.
Typical Gopher fan perpetually disappointed but always looking forward to the next season..I hear you and I'm with you.

C'mon, Ben, get the win. Richard Pitino's team was eliminated in the first game of their tournament. I would find it so satisfying if your team could at least be playing longer than his.

Top Bottom