****OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS OKLAHOMA ST. IN-GAME THREAD

Where is Buggs

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlos Morris bugs me. Swing it to Joey and he has a WIDE open look at a three there. Morris plays pretty selfishly for someone who quite honestly isn't that good...Kinda glad it's his final year.

Seniors shot a combined 5 of 22 from the field and 2 of 10 from 3 point.

Also, team had a total of 5 assists.

Not happy that we lost, but nice to see he freshman get big playing time. They will improve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Morris was 3 for 15. Can't find his minutes, but must have been up around 28-30

Ugly, ugly performance. At one point, Oklahoma State was on a 25-8 run ( I believe it got worse) and that included the Gilbert buzzer beater and the King 3. I honestly don't know if this team is worse on the offensive or defensive end of the court. The fouls by Carlos Morris and Bakary Konate in the last minute were absolutely horrific decisions. There is a decent chance the Gophers have now lost to the 2 worst teams in the Big 12.

On the positive side, the aggressiveness from Dupree and Kevin was nice to see. Both will have to improve their ability to actually make shots. It seems like the 3 freshman who get significant minutes play with more energy than everyone else in the rotation. Maybe that's a positive for the future, but it''s not good for the present.

I'm afraid to see how this team rebounds in big ten play. Only a couple guys have legitimate post size and they are raw at best.

They stand around and watch other players rebound. It's amazing. Only Murphy looks like he's trying.

Carlos Morris bugs me. Swing it to Joey and he has a WIDE open look at a three there. Morris plays pretty selfishly for someone who quite honestly isn't that good...Kinda glad it's his final year.

That play drove me nuts. He's ridiculously selfish. Worst shot selection I can remember. He has a good first step, and that's it. Once he gets by the first defender he's going to put up the shot, no matter who's in the way, no matter if it's a double pump fake blind reverse layup. He should come off the bench for 15 minutes a game and that's it.

When does spring training for the Twins start?
Right ....can't wait to see that big Korean spin himself in circles trying to hit a plus 90 mph fastball and a curveball that isn't the American Legion ball variety. Remember the Japanese kid? I see the same scenario here.

Not happy that we lost, but nice to see he freshman get big playing time. They will improve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree. They are good enough that Pitino shouldn't have to rely on King and Morris.

We're gonna go 6-6 in the non-conference, and it's going to be hilarious.

Would've been nice to get this one but they can build off of it. Offense looked more organized just missed some open looks but at least there was a glow to it.

Solid night again for the freshmen can see steps forward with that group every game. Would like to see more of Gilbert he's been solid in limited action and maybe even more from Sharp too as he is a guy who at the very least won't hurt you when he's on the floor. Nice game from Mason he is doing what he can right now to help the freshmen along and win games but needs the rest of the returners to join him. Morris is really struggling shooting and his defensive effort has suffered with it as well I think he should his minutes go down some. King hasn't played well at all the last few games and he has to step up if we will have any success because Konate and Diedhiou have given you about nothing on the offensive end and been complete liabilities defensively. No Buggs tonight and would guess that Pitino was sending a message after his horrible effort against SDSU the question is will Buggs get the message and bring the required effort or will he keep playing lazy like the last couple games and get little to no time because of it.

It was nice to see the improved D, but Morris and King are killing them when they are supposed to be the reason we win games. King just can't buy a shot. Morris can't buy a shot either but takes them anyway. Would prefer to see Dorsey, Mason, McBreyer starting going forward.

Thought the team played much harder defensively this game. Unfortunately, Morris, McBrayer and Dorsey a combined 4-25. That's tough to overcome. Throw in King and it was 6-32.
McBrayer is excellent at getting to the line. Nice to see Gilbert hit a big shot. Now when Murphy doesn't succeed on a play I get disappointed. He has me expecting big things. Like to see Dorsey hit a few, get his confidence.
Just keep playing hard defensively and they will stay in some games. Much more optimistic after this one than after the last two.

Thought the team played much harder defensively this game. Unfortunately, Morris, McBrayer and Dorsey a combined 4-25. That's tough to overcome. Throw in King and it was 6-32.
McBrayer is excellent at getting to the line. Nice to see Gilbert hit a big shot. Now when Murphy doesn't succeed on a play I get disappointed. He has me expecting big things. Like to see Dorsey hit a few, get his confidence.
Just keep playing hard defensively and they will stay in some games. Much more optimistic after this one than after the last two.

Agreed.

Morris is a playground player. Reminds me of Malik Smith.

Top Bottom