***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS OHIO STATE BTT ROUND 2 IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

My god...slow dribble up the court, barely beating the 10-second count, then not paying attention and getting stripped.

And Carr finishes the half going 2-12 for 8 points and 4 free points given to OSU.

Down 12, Is Coyle at the game?

this has go to be close to the worst shooting team in Power 5 bball history....39%

we rank 329th in the nation....those are only 11 teams in all of D1 that shoot worse then this team....ouch

Watching Beilein struggle to talk during the halftime segment has quenched any desire I might have had to entertain thoughts of him as the next coach.

this has go to be close to the worst shooting team in Power 5 bball history....39%

we rank 329th in the nation....those are only 11 teams in all of D1 that shoot worse then this team....ouch

I think the graphic yesterday said it all.

We are like 340th in 3 pt% but take the 20th most per game. Unbeliveable.

Maybe it's not that we're bad shooters. Maybe we just take such terrible and contested shots that nobody would shoot a high percentage.
At some point, you would hope for an adjustment when you are the worst at something and you do the most of it.

Solid defense today but:

- At least 8 or 9 forced shots all missed
-abysmal shooting (broken record) 25% FG - 13% 3PtFG
-Carr and Mashburn incredibly inefficient 4- 22

On the bright side

Freeman can still be a player here - he makes a difference on both ends. He is rough yet but he has had so little PT... The kid actually posts up and he snatches boards with power. He can get better and be a solid 8 point - 10 board player who lays some lumber on the opponent's center. He just needs time and it is a shame he didn't get it.

Ihnen also can be. He plays good defense and just needs to be part of an offense and he'd be fine.

Williams needs to figure out his limits and he can be solid.

Mashburn needs to learn to be a real point guard. Carr is not the mentor at point he needs because Mash is attempting to play like Carr. He has really good potential - if , like Williams he figures out his limits.

I hope Johnson stays- he's tough and doesn't take bad shots very often. He moves without the ball. He would be a Musselman type player.....

Carr is a fantastic individually talented player but, sad to say it might be best if he moves on as a new culture is formed here. He is a great talent but he plays losing basketball - his teams are 12-46 in three years in conference. Yes he has hit a bunch of clutch shots but the plays like he made at the end of this half just happen way to often.

It makes it that much more of a pleasant surprise when one goes in!

Top Bottom