***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS OHIO STATE BTT ROUND 2 IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Carr might be kicking himself looking at the film on that last play- got caught watching the Liddell action and should’ve helped on the guy who got the pass. But I can’t complain with some actual fight to end the season.

I noticed that too. Just sat back and watched the play at the baseline. Had he defended the open guy there....decent chance that ball gets tossed right to him.

For the most part, very good effort. Exciting finish. Carr, Williams and Mashburn combined to shoot 20 for 59. Felt like on that last possession when Carr was fouled, there was enough time for someone else to take the ball up the court as you know the defense will focus on Carr.

That was a really phenomenal effort by our guys. I don't think you can point to one lazy play the entire game. Pitino should be relieved of his duties but this is a real testament to him and his players.

This was the most frustrating Gophers team I can recall watching but I am sad to see the ride come to an end and will most definitely miss watching Carr's heroics, Johnson's heart and toughness (assuming both are gone), and Curry's mid-range shot and ability to sneak around a post player for a steal.

Mashburn, Williams, and Freeman all showed a lot of improvement in the last couple weeks (Ihnen to a lesser extent).

Good fight today.I am really hoping Mashburn, Williams, robbins, gach, and mitchell all come back.

I have a sneaky suspicion that mitchell will eventually be a solid player for some reason.

Good fight today.I am really hoping Mashburn, Williams, robbins, gach, and mitchell all come back.

I have a sneaky suspicion that mitchell will eventually be a solid player for some reason.

He's a true freshman....so there's no reason to think that he has a low ceiling.

Has RP been kicked to the curb, yet?

The anticipation of putting this era behind us is killing me.

How do you score 75 points, only lose by 4 to the #9 team, shooting 36% from the field, and 25% from 3 after hoisting up 32 shots?

Obviously nothing is official but at this point it would be shocking to see them not fire Pitino.
Funny what a terrible coach he is when how well he coached against Mich, Iowa, etc and then without 2 starters and a banged up Johnson and Goth almost beat the 9th ranked team today

Great finish. They played hard down the stretch. It was fun to watch them attack on both ends of the floor. I think Pitino is done.

Great finish. They played hard down the stretch. It was fun to watch them attack on both ends of the floor. I think Pitino is done.
He's done. The eulogy is this- good guy, it looks like the players like him (this is where it shows) but either didn't listen to him, or he didn't install strategies that work with his personnel or both.

Last edited:

Williams and Freeman needed more experience when the roster was fully healthy. Look at how impactful they were today. I blame Pitino for not giving these guys hardly any minutes to start the season..
Ihnen also played a heck of a game- 5 boards, 4 assists, 2 blocks, 4 points, no turnovers and terrific defense. He was a factor in more good plays than the box score shows. Likewise- he should have seen more time. He's a guy they should have run some back doors to the bucket for to get him confident. A lot of it appears to be that he's afraid to screw up on offense (miss a shot) or he will get yanked.

Funny what a terrible coach he is when how well he coached against Mich, Iowa, etc and then without 2 starters and a banged up Johnson and Goth almost beat the 9th ranked team today
Kinda makes you question that ranking, eh?

He's done. The eulogy is this- good guy, it looks like the players like him (this is where it shows) but either didn't listen to him, or he didn't install strategies what work with his personnel or both.
Look how good the press was....Think he could of installed a three quarter press a few games to change the momentum of games?

Ihnen also played a heck of a game- 5 boards, 4 assists, 2 blocks, 4 points, no turnovers and terrific defense. He was a factor in more good plays than the box score shows. Likewise- he should have seen more time. He's a guy they should have run some back doors to the bucket for to get him confident. A lot of it appears to be that he's afraid to screw up on offense (miss a shot) or he will get yanked.
He should of had all of currys minutes

He should of had all of currys minutes
Yep, all year. Pitino, in retrospect should have given Curry a grad assistant job. Curry deserved a better end to his career to playing like a shadow of his former ability. Great kid, no fault to him but it just didn't work.

Top Bottom