***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MICHIGAN STATE BTT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Taking Mitchell out takes one less player out for the bigs to kick it too. Plus he is best bet to get a steal yet he still on bench. CBJ just doesn't know how to get it done in these tough games in the 2nd half and down the stretch. Pretty much just relying on Garcia to score it all. We are tired and two steps behind them.

I agree with you on the whole but it isn't a matter of just one player sitting who could help. Ben Johnson consistently has left his roster too short over his three seasons. These critical mistakes are made in the offseason.

Pretty obvious to most, but there's no excuses because we're healthy and have beaten them before. And it's essentially a home game.

No such thing as a meaningless game for this program, especially against one of the conference elites.

If you only care about next year, you might wanna stay out of this thread...it could get messy depending on which Gophers show up.
I see others saying "no excuses" too. Yeah...it's a setup for a COLOSSAL MELTDOWN...so I'm staying out of this thread (read page 1 & 2 only).

It IS a meaningless game for us...as in it doesn't change anything if we win or lose. Assuming we get some more NIT or CBI games to practice before gearing up for what's really important...which is next year.

I agree with you on the whole but it isn't a matter of just one player sitting who could help. Ben Johnson consistently has left his roster too short over his three seasons. These critical mistakes are made in the offseason.
Agreed....Seems like banking on Ihnen, JOJ, Jack Wilson and seeing how that worked now. Surprised Ramberg also hasn't been used...not flashy...but can provide 2-5 minutes of tough cutting grit down low I think.

Make a 3 when it doesn't matter.

I suspect we will play MSU for the B1G Hockey title

Normally I'd expect to lose to MSU by double digits in our first game of the B1G tournament, but this just happens to be one of Izzo's least accomplished teams of the last 20 years, and we were playing at home, so this one feels pretty egregious. Same old shit.

At least we didn't lose because of the reffing.

We sure can talk like we are going to put up a fight, but still not any walk.....what a disappointing showing in the 2nd half....not much fight at all. Just don't see why we still only have 2 recruits coming in.....better pound the transfer portal tough and make playing time earned for all!

Well, that was oddly expectations meeting disappointing. It's like we just gave up with 4 minutes left. Sloppy play, no defense, no fire.
Ugh.

MSU has been making shots and the Gophers haven't. Hustle plays goes towards MSU as well. Just didn't play well enough.

Since the last time these two teams played, Minnesota has been outscored in the second half, sometimes by a lot, in most of the games. There is a cumulative effect of fatigue as the season wears on and its been very evident in these late season games.

Since the last time these two teams played, Minnesota has been outscored in the second half, sometimes by a lot, in most of the games. There is a cumulative effect of fatigue as the season wears on and its been very evident in these late season games.
So you're implying that we're lacking in stamina?

We sure can talk like we are going to put up a fight, but still not any walk.....what a disappointing showing in the 2nd half....not much fight at all. Just don't see why we still only have 2 recruits coming in.....better pound the transfer portal tough and make playing time earned for all!

Because the scholarships are accounted for.

Top Bottom