***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MICHIGAN STATE BTT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
We wanted to avoid Weakling Wednesday, we got it! We wanted to host BTT for a long time, we got it! We wanted meaningful games in March, we got it! We want to see if CBJ can out coach a legend when it matters most, we got it!

This is big big big!! Huge opportunity on Thursday to stop a losing streak, beat March Izzo, make a run at home and put ourselves in a national conversation.

No excuses. None. Find a way to get the W. That’s it. That’s the goal.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting a win against MSU, and beating them twice in a season would be fantastic! Huge game, maybe it's just me, but winning this one would really change the way I feel about the team moving forward. I need to see that this team still has some fight left in them! Let's go boys!!!

Spartans coach Tom Izzo: "I just keep saying if that pressure gets to you, why did you come here? That's what I say. I mean, you know what you were getting into. And that's what they all wanted, they want to get into that."

Gophers coach Ben Johnson: "We're better than we've shown. For the most part with a new group that bought in, I thought it continued to get better as the year went on. They continued to believe and grow and develop to win nine games in the league and get themselves in the middle of the road (in the conference)."

-MSU really needs this for the NCAA Tournament.

-Both teams inconsistent towards the end of the season.

We have to, a must...use the bench! An Iron Five isn't going to cut it tomorrow. Everything has to be thrown at State to win and have a chance at advancing.

"Michigan State has now gone four straight seasons without a first-team All-Big Ten selection; the program’s previous longest drought under Izzo was two seasons."

Two Bracketology websites have the Gophers making the NIT as the last team in (or last four in), as of Wednesday morning.

Then today Minnesota dropped in the NET.

Based on some of these outcomes today(BC, USC, PSU all winning) we may drop to 90th in the NET. Not a great day.

The Minnesota - Michigan State game has big consequences for both teams. What a difference one game makes.

Two Bracketology websites have the Gophers making the NIT as the last team in (or last four in), as of Wednesday morning.

Then today Minnesota dropped in the NET.

The Minnesota - Michigan State game has big consequences for both teams. What a difference one game makes.

Yes, I've seen us projected as an 8 seed in the NIT. We're gonna have to win tomorrow to make it IMO.

No excuses. None. Find a way to get the W. That’s it. That’s the goal.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since most of you go strictly by computers now...how can there be no excuses when we're #90 and Michigan State is Top-20 ?

A legitimate excuse is that this is a make-or-break game for them and a meaningless game for us.

This No Excuses stuff (with an extra 'None' added for emphasis) sounds like a setup for a huge meltdown on here, which most seem to enjoy. Me...all I care about is returning everyone for next year.

Since most of you go strictly by computers now...how can there be no excuses when we're #90 and Michigan State is Top-20 ?

A legitimate excuse is that this is a make-or-break game for them and a meaningless game for us.

This No Excuses stuff (with an extra 'None' added for emphasis) sounds like a setup for a huge meltdown on here, which most seem to enjoy. Me...all I care about is returning everyone for next year.
Pretty obvious to most, but there's no excuses because we're healthy and have beaten them before. And it's essentially a home game.

No such thing as a meaningless game for this program, especially against one of the conference elites.

If you only care about next year, you might wanna stay out of this thread...it could get messy depending on which Gophers show up.

NIT Bracketology Sites:

1710416316177.png

Minnesota Gophers are in the NIT with a win, I believe. Others can better comment. The odds above (26.6%) assume the Vikings are likely to lose, oops I meant Twins will lose, not Vikings. Oops, I meant Gophers. ;)

Michigan State University is favored by 6.5 over Gophers in betting odds.

From last game:

-NCAA Bracketology at ESPN has Michigan State University at a #10 seed. MSU is the "last four byes" group. ESPN doesn't say MSU is out with a loss. Others say MSU has to win to guarantee they get in.

If Minnesota Gophers win today, they advance in the B1G Tournament to the Big One against #1 Purdue.

Listen to the game at this audio link:

Links to watch the game here (several other options too):

2023-24 Big Ten Standings​

TEAMCONFGBOVR
Purdue17-3-28-3
Illinois14-6323-8
Nebraska12-8522-9
Northwestern12-8521-10
Wisconsin11-9619-12
Indiana10-10718-13
Iowa10-10718-13
Michigan State10-10718-13
Ohio State9-11819-12
Minnesota9-11818-13
Penn State9-11816-16
Maryland7-131016-16
Rutgers7-131015-17
Michigan3-17148-24

1710418464352.png

Last edited:

Gonna go out on a limb here and predict that if we put the ball in the basket more often than they do, we win. 🙂. Seriously, need to hit shots, and defend reasonably well. I will be there. Will be wearing either Maroon or Gold, maybe both! Go Gophers!

Top Bottom