***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MARYLAND BTT 2ND ROUND IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

How were the analytics last night “coach”?
An outlier...shooting covers up a lot of transgressions. We shot 10% higher on FG% and 10% higher from 3 and 20% ? higher from the line.

Battle has been content all year just to stand out at the arc and cast up threes (shooting 31.7%). Rarely takes the ball to the hoop. Last year in 29 games he shot 79 FTs on the season. This year, in 26 games he's gone to the line only 31 times! That's unbelievable. He shoots 80% from the line. Carrington has gone to the line 38 times in 500 less minutes on the floor than Battle.

So we have 4 TOTAL points from Battle and Garcia and a number of silly turnovers and we are only down 7?? I'll take it given those circumstances.

Hit some freaking shots in the 2nd!

Gophers are playing really hard...but Maryland is a tough matchup for them. Need a good start to the second half. Payne has 1 foul- start him, he is a problem for Maryland, their worst matchup.

So we have 4 TOTAL points from Battle and Garcia and a number of silly turnovers and we are only down 7?? I'll take it given those circumstances.

Hit some freaking shots in the 2nd!
I agree, but who's hitting those shots? Henley looks good again. The Payne post up has looked good as well. I guess need Carrington to hit when he's open.

Battle and Garcia need to find a way to create some offense.

Payne is 4-4 on FTs but our guards and Battle are 2-6 🙄

4 turnovers just trying to get the ball across half court. I appreciate the assists, but an upgrade from Cooper will help immensely.
I'd say most coaches would pass it up the floor. If we had a waterbug they wouldn't be pressing.

So frustrating, 15 seconds to go in the half and instead of running our offense or some set play we dribble it to 3 sec and throw up a prayer.

I agree, but who's hitting those shots? Henley looks good again. The Payne post up has looked good as well. I guess need Carrington to hit when he's open.

Battle and Garcia need to find a way to create some offense.

Maybe Battle finds his "Rutgers last 2 minutes" self?🤞

Battle has been content all year just to stand out at the arc and cast up threes (shooting 31.7%). Rarely takes the ball to the hoop. Last year in 29 games he shot 79 FTs on the season. This year, in 26 games he's gone to the line only 31 times! That's unbelievable. He shoots 80% from the line. Carrington has gone to the line 38 times in 500 less minutes on the floor than Battle.
Could have something to do with that foot he had surgery on.

An outlier...shooting covers up a lot of transgressions. We shot 10% higher on FG% and 10% higher from 3 and 20% ? higher from the line.
Last night you said it wasn’t a “shit win.”
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Now it was a fluke.

MD has a better overall team/talent, one second teamer and three HM players conference players.

They also want to win as well, last time I checked, called competition.

But I understand your lane is being the critical retired coach, so good for you 🤓.

Maybe they’ll make adjustments at halftime

Lots of things Battle does well and did last year that he is not doing this year. That is coaching, analytics, common sense but the players need somebody convincing him of that, showing him on video and demanding those things...that's where the fault is....coaching, game plan, offense.

Could have something to do with that foot he had surgery on.
And it could be why he wants to be done playing hoops too. Once my ankle became balky it wasn’t much fun to play. Maybe that’s part of the issue, foot problems that are limiting his mobility?

And it could be why he wants to be done playing hoops too. Once my ankle became balky it wasn’t much fun to play. Maybe that’s part of the issue, foot problems that are limiting his mobility?
Does he wanna be done playing hoops? Sounds to me like he wants to be done taking classes.

This is where I wish I could trust the Gophers to be savvy and exploit the Terps' foul trouble.

I can’t see who, Europe included, would watch Battle right now and want to pay him to play basketball for them. He’s so in his head right now

Last night you said it wasn’t a “shit win.”
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Now it was a fluke.

MD has a better overall team/talent, one second teamer and three HM players conference players.

They also want to win as well, last time I checked, called competition.

But I understand your lane is being the critical retired coach, so good for you 🤓.

Maybe they’ll make adjustments at halftime
You might have to find the post I said "shit win" and point it out to me.
Sorry, it is just very obvious to me we don't utilize orthodox basketball strategy and it is the biggest reason we struggle.
Bounce pass entry to the post on the block from the top of the circle is a low % pass....down the lane line....we turn it over often trying. High low is the pass from there.
From the wing is typical higher % path.
Tons of things like this...putting guys in bad spots.
Sorry.

Top Bottom