***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MARYLAND BTT 2ND ROUND IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

OSU vs Gophers would be awesome!

Teams would complain they sandbagged to get an enviable tournament draw!

just play a competitive game. the end result will take care of itself.

if you're close at the end of the game, stuff can happen.

and let's face it, there is less pressure on the lower-seeded team. I watched 2 HS boys BB playoff games last night. the lower-seeded teams won both games - in part because they played looser and the higher-seeded teams played tight. so now that section has a #5 and #6 seed in the Sub-Section finals.

I would say us right now because success has been very rare for us this season and not very common over the last four seasons. In other words, our expectations are lower and we're fairly happy with improvement and at least some feelings of positivity for the future.

Wisconsin has been good for so long that most of their fans probably barely remember what it was like to be unsuccessful (haven't been unsuccessful for about 30 years). The majority of their fans probably expect to make the NCAA tournament virtually every year so falling short of that would be considered failure. Many of them probably don't understand that the long successful streak of that magnitude was mostly due to hiring a Hall of Fame coach and those don't grow on trees. His successor was his protege and has done pretty darn well but likely can't match his mentor over the long run.
Yoder! We used to walk in off the street to games. The doors were wide open

Coop with a board and assist in the first minute

The ghost of pfeiffer calling shit calls.

Another ugly start. No ball movement. All one on one, Garcia and Battle. Get Payne in there, feed the post.

Nice double team by Battle

Cooper!!! That was athletic. Where the hell has that been all year?

Did I hear that right? Maryland starting 5 is 1 sophomore, 2 seniors and 2 grad students, vs. Minnesota starting 5 is 2 freshman, 1 sophomore and 2 juniors.

You cannot play Battle all 40. You cannot play Battle all 40.

Blown by on the drive, winded.

Turnovers again. At some point they're going to need to try going over the top of the full-court defense.

Did I hear that right? Maryland starting 5 is 1 sophomore, 2 seniors and 2 grad students, vs. Minnesota starting 5 is 2 freshman, 1 sophomore and 2 juniors.

Yes. But don't worry. I've been told all year that experience doesn't matter.

Battle is so frustrating this year. Sometimes looks like the best player on the court. Other times just completely disinterested.

Top Bottom