***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE BIG TEN OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Evans verses Edey next year. I'm already looking forward to it.

the 1-3-1 might not be the answer ...edey with impressive flush

Could be worse. I could be out of cookies.......checks in kitchen. Dammit, I'm out of cookies. Might have to make a Kwik Trip run after the game.
Holiday station has better cookies, but that might not be an option for you

Disagree on Henley. I see positive things from him as well. Right now he is very good in shooting off the dribble on a pull up. He has the quickness to get by people and then stop on a dime and rise up for a nice shot. Where he has struggled is with catch and shoot. He doesn't look as smooth in those instances.
Defensively he really aggressive and will get better on that end with more work.
Agree on the other 3 FR showing some improvement.
The offense has moments of good ball movement and getting a good to great shot. One example would be the play right before the half in which Battle got a great look and made it. The problem on the offensive end is they don't move the ball enough on every possession so it looks bad. That and we are having a horrendous night from outside the arc.
A few stats to backup my claim that Ben has 0 idea on offense right now.

306th in TS%
240th in 2p %
245th in 3p %
184th in assists per game
310th in offensive eff
245th turnovers per possession

Sure, young guys play a role in that, but in this territory it's more about coaching.

Henley is shooting 36% from 2p range this year. That is abysmal, nothing close to VERY GOOD.

A few stats to backup my claim that Ben has 0 idea on offense right now.

306th in TS%
240th in 2p %
245th in 3p %
184th in assists per game
310th in offensive eff
245th turnovers per possession

Sure, young guys play a role in that, but in this territory it's more about coaching.

Henley is shooting 36% from 2p range this year. That is abysmal, nothing close to VERY GOOD.
We get very few good shot selection shots every night because we dont have an offense or for sure not the right one to create open looks

refs are calling two different games. JOJ no call compared to that called on Cooper?

get some stops, make some shots...we could get back in this

Evans verses Edey next year. I'm already looking forward to it.
Ha! I was thinking that was why they put JOJ on him. Make Evans more assured he IS needed. (Absolutely the only freaking reason I could come up with for such an idiotic mismatch)

Ha! I was thinking that was why they put JOJ on him. Make Evans more assured he IS needed. (Absolutely the only freaking reason I could come up with for such an idiotic mismatch)
He and Payne are the only two guys willing and strong enough to keep Edey from posting up right under the hoop. You need bothbecause you are going to use all 10 fouls

Top Bottom