***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE BIG TEN OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Yeah, they aren't the exact same human beings, but there is a place in the NBA for a legit 7 foot C.
Tacko Fall is calling from China still looking for his NBA shot...his is 7'6" and looks down on Edey - and is more mobile - he is cooking in CHINA

Didn't get to watch yesterday, but watched a recording this morning. Edey probably going to be Big Ten POY, maybe even the National POY. Liked the addition of JOJ to the starting five, brought great energy, looked like he watch some Jordan Murphy film on offense with those drives he had. Thought Payne gave admirable effort on Edey today, lots for him to build on, but as a team we need to figure out how to get him the ball more. Usually I don't care about second halves when the game's outcome is no longer in question, but it was nice to see Battle put a good half together. I know Garcia had the flu at Va Tech, but he just doesn't have any energy when he's out there and if this team is going to put anything together, it's going to start with Battle, Garcia and Cooper. Carrington certainly had his ups and downs today. Henley, once again makes a couple of spectacular shots, makes about four or five boneheaded plays. Ben clearly set this team up for those guys to play, develop take their lumps,. I think if he was in year five instead of year two, you would have seen another combo guard transfer come in. Game with Michigan will be interesting, they seem to have similar guard issues that we do. But Hunter Dickinson will be a problem down low, Jett Howard a nice piece on the wing. Coming back from London, be curious to see what kind of legs they have. As for us. Battle, Garcia and Cooper have to lead this team on offense, Freshmen are contributing but it's all for naught if your alphas aren't leading the charge

Did you see a 7'4" center on our team score 31 points and grab 22 rebounds?

I think our freshmen would play a lot better if we had that guy...
Is MN the youngest? That was the intent of the comment. Said nothing about Edey.

CBJ said you cant use youth as an excuse. So stop.

Did you see all the Purdue freshmen playing yesterday? Not sure on the youngest excuse.
Yep, I watched the entire game. Purdue is an older team across the board.
I am watching to see what we are like come the B1G tournament. If we haven't improved by then, then I will listen to you with more curiosity. At present, you are merely a mosquito in my ear.

Tacko Fall is calling from China still looking for his NBA shot...his is 7'6" and looks down on Edey - and is more mobile - he is cooking in CHINA

Edey is a significantly better basketball player and far more coordinated than Tacko. And Tacko spent 3 seasons in the NBA.

Didn't get to watch yesterday, but watched a recording this morning. Edey probably going to be Big Ten POY, maybe even the National POY. Liked the addition of JOJ to the starting five, brought great energy, looked like he watch some Jordan Murphy film on offense with those drives he had. Thought Payne gave admirable effort on Edey today, lots for him to build on, but as a team we need to figure out how to get him the ball more. Usually I don't care about second halves when the game's outcome is no longer in question, but it was nice to see Battle put a good half together. I know Garcia had the flu at Va Tech, but he just doesn't have any energy when he's out there and if this team is going to put anything together, it's going to start with Battle, Garcia and Cooper. Carrington certainly had his ups and downs today. Henley, once again makes a couple of spectacular shots, makes about four or five boneheaded plays. Ben clearly set this team up for those guys to play, develop take their lumps,. I think if he was in year five instead of year two, you would have seen another combo guard transfer come in. Game with Michigan will be interesting, they seem to have similar guard issues that we do. But Hunter Dickinson will be a problem down low, Jett Howard a nice piece on the wing. Coming back from London, be curious to see what kind of legs they have. As for us. Battle, Garcia and Cooper have to lead this team on offense, Freshmen are contributing but it's all for naught if your alphas aren't leading the charge
Why he plays basketball when he could be a volleyball star? 🤔

Seems they should have doubled Edey and rushed the shooters and hope for the best.
Just watched the replay.

Surprised that Ben didn't attempt to front Edey. At least offer a change up. Especially down low. While watching, I wondered how well Evans would match up against Edey.

JOJ and PP need to each get 25-30 minutes. Not sure at whose expense. They both provide energy/athleticism and a bit of physical strength, something which is lacking.

I always like watching Painters offense. They use screens very well with lots of motion which usually results in a good 3-look, an open lane or an entry pass inside (not just to Edey). Our guys were on the run on defense just trying to fight thru screens to keep up to their guards, especially Loyer. And it seems as he always has a great low post game.

I would like to see Ben use a bit more full court pressure as a change of pace. Not just at end of the game.

We all have been counting on the Battle/Garcia connection to get us 35+ ppg. Two rebounds combined against PU and combined 15 of 44 FG or 34% FG the past two games. Still waiting.

Seems they should have doubled Edey and rushed the shooters and hope for the best.
Yeah, Painter said as much in the interview after the game. Something like “if they aren’t going to double him, we are going to keep going back to him”. Obviously worked for Purdue.

Just watched the replay.

Surprised that Ben didn't attempt to front Edey. At least offer a change up. Especially down low. While watching, I wondered how well Evans would match up against Edey.

JOJ and PP need to each get 25-30 minutes. Not sure at whose expense. They both provide energy/athleticism and a bit of physical strength, something which is lacking.

I always like watching Painters offense. They use screens very well with lots of motion which usually results in a good 3-look, an open lane or an entry pass inside (not just to Edey). Our guys were on the run on defense just trying to fight thru screens to keep up to their guards, especially Loyer. And it seems as he always has a great low post game.

I would like to see Ben use a bit more full court pressure as a change of pace. Not just at end of the game.

We all have been counting on the Battle/Garcia connection to get us 35+ ppg. Two rebounds combined against PU and combined 15 of 44 FG or 34% FG the past two games. Still waiting.
Maybe it will turn out for the best in the long run without the Battle/Payne thing? More dependence on the younger players to come through. Season them for the rigors ahead.

You can make pretty good money in China and on the top Euro teams. Even in the G League 70K for essentially six months of work, plus free housing and meal stipends, not a bad gig in your early 20's.
But not as good as living as a college star with NIL money

Top Bottom